Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Adrian Peterson Indicted For Disciplining His Son

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Reports out that he is now being investigated for abuse of a second son. Leaving a scar on his forehead.

Running back of peace.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/inve...r-son-while-disciplining-4-year-old/15693941/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming4
And yet people wanna whine about liberals and the media when this stuff comes to light. How about not being a d!ckbag that hurts women and children that cant defend themselves? These guys deserve all the scrutiny they are getting.

Like you said bro, weird that corporal punishment against small humans can be seen as more ok than it being done to animals.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
Not excusing anyone's actions but...

The media sit on these stories and then let them out daily. Last week was a steady diet of Ray Rice, and this week is a steady diet of Peterson. It's high tech lynching, made to batter the NFL and get angry keyboard jockeys to click on links and express indignation. Nobody really cares about the victims, they want to use it for their own aims. They most certainly do not care about due process. If someone can't be throw in the clink then they want them to be fired now so they can feel better. Seventeen hundred men play in the NFL and right now a handful are in trouble for domestic violence, yet it's become a national obsession. Is the NFL too big? Too corporate? Too male?

Next week it will be some other athlete, or some actor, or some thing that someone did that everyone must be very angry about and demand insta-justice. In the old days you'd just don the white hood and round 'em up, but who needs to spill blood when you can deliver death by 1,000,000 mouse clicks? I guess we can't get the men in ISIS fired, so we control what we can here with our meager power and armchair indignation.

True, people let the new think for them, and what I mean by that. Whatever scandal is on the news people thoughts are filled with that nonsense, so if the news does a scandal about babies getting raped by pigs, this board would have some dude posting about it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watching some of First Take on ESPN this morning, and Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, and Cari Champion were all discussing this (of course Smith was previously suspended for not putting the right spin on the Ray Rice story). Anyway, all three agreed that it was child abuse. But all three also said that they had received whoopings when they were kids that would have resulted in arrests today.

I thought that was interesting. What was considered normal back in the 70s is now considered abuse. I'm not going to defend Peterson because it looks like there are some red flags here, but I do wonder where the line should be drawn. It seems to me that we've gotten too soft about discipline these days, whereas maybe we weren't as sensitive to it as we could have been when I was growing up. For the legal system to come in and take over from the parents, IMO that should require a very high standard.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
What is "real abuse" and who decides that?
Good question. Ideally, first the immediate and extended family decide, then community standards, and the nanny state as a last resort. But 50 years of federal and other central nannying, feminism, and gynocracy have stripped the core family and community standards out of our culture and placed the state in their stead.

Specifically, real abuse is a pattern engaged in towards other than the child's well-being evidenced by real -injury-. Some pictures of belt, switch or paddle bruises on legs are not it though.

Here's a question for you, when people constantly lament the absence of "male influence" in single parent families, cite to the horrendous statistics of lower function, intelligence, achievement and higher criminal tendencies in children of single mother homes, what -exactly- do you think they mean by "male influence" other than if the kid engages in bad behavior, they are due to feel some pain at their father's hands?

"Wait til your father gets home," only means "you'll get a firm lecture, young man" on television. Everyone who grew up in this country before the 80s knows -exactly- what it meant, and the effectiveness of that legitimate tool in child-rearing.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I was watching some of First Take on ESPN this morning, and Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, and Cari Champion were all discussing this (of course Smith was previously suspended for not putting the right spin on the Ray Rice story). Anyway, all three agreed that it was child abuse. But all three also said that they had received whoopings when they were kids that would have resulted in arrests today.

I thought that was interesting. What was considered normal back in the 70s is now considered abuse. I'm not going to defend Peterson because it looks like there are some red flags here, but I do wonder where the line should be drawn. It seems to me that we've gotten too soft about discipline these days, whereas maybe we weren't as sensitive to it as we could have been when I was growing up. For the legal system to come in and take over from the parents, IMO that should require a very high standard.
It all comes down to common sense. Using an open hand to slap, not punch a child's bottom or hand, I don't have a problem with that as long as it doesn't cause bruising or is used too much. But using a whip, and that is what this was, a whip and hitting a 4 year old that much so that he has at least 20 difference cuts and lacerations on his body? That is just too much. Way way wayyyyyyyyy too much. In fact I am now reading reports that the child had cuts on his hands from trying to deflect the lashings. Can you even imagine? A 4 year old having to put his hands up like that against a 225 pound football player whipping him?

Really sickening when you think about it.

On a side note, I really think this all comes down to tradition and religion in the USA. Especially in the bible belt.

I know some may take offense to this, but the same people who are saying what Peterson did is alright are to me the same as the ISIS Muslims in the Middle East who say it's ok to abuse women, kill infidels, etc etc.

Why? R E L I G I O N.

It all goes back to fawking religion. "Oh, the bible says its ok to discipline your child with corporal punishment, and people who follow the Christian religion, especially from the south, have been doing it for 100s of years, so its alllllllllllllll good." How is that any different than a Muslim saying something like "oh, the Koran says I can kill infidels at will and keep 5 wives and be a pedophile and then I'll die and have 72 virgins, so it's allllllllllllllllllllllllll good."

When are we, as a civilized people, going to stop believing in invisible gods who were created 1000s of years ago, all to keep people under the Powers that Be control?

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
These guys deserve all the scrutiny they are getting.
No, they don't, and the wolf-crying over some switch stripes detracts from the plight of real child abuse victims. I knew kids growing up who would not have been switched, who were never switched, but rather beaten by drunken fathers coming home from the mill on a regular basis "just because." A father pulling his kid's pants down and switching him doesn't fit that mold without much more context, and that context is completely absent here.

And lol at the "he's only 4" response from others. Four is plenty old enough to get a switching for doing something that could have seriously injured another child. Pushing or pulling a kid off a bike is not one bit different than throwing a good sized rock at their head.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
In fact I am not reading reports that the child had cuts on his hands from trying to deflect the lashings. Can you even imagine? A 4 year old having to put his hands up like that against a 225 pound football player whipping him?

Ohhh the terrible, terrible horror of the "whipping fields." Did you grow up under a rock? I'm not that much older than you and every teacher in my elementary school, principal included, had large, scary looking paddles with holes in them that made a switching from dad at home seem tame. I experienced several of those "out in the hall" spankings myself from teachers, and would much rather have been switched. Interestingly enough, we had nowhere near the discipline and violence problems in the schools then that we have now. Go figure. But I guess we were all "slaves" ROFL.

You and some others act as if this is some grisly, new chapter in child abuse that is being uncovered with this incident, and I have to ask again, what rock did you grow up under? Cue the "why do they beat me?" ASPCA tearjerker commercials though I guess.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
I know some may take offense to this, but the same people who are saying what Peterson did is alright are to me the same as the ISIS Muslims in the Middle East who say it's ok to abuse women, kill infidels, etc etc.
...and now you reveal yourself to be a complete and total idiot. Maybe people who advocate corporal discipline of kids are the equivalent of nazis, fascists or serial killers? LOL. You don't disappoint with the absurd hyperboles that's for sure.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
Ohhh the terrible, terrible horror of the "whipping fields." Did you grow up under a rock? I'm not that much older than you and every teacher in my elementary school, principal included, had large, scary looking paddles with holes in them that made a switching from dad at home seem tame. I experienced several of those "out in the hall" spankings myself from teachers, and would much rather have been switched. Interestingly enough, we had nowhere near the discipline and violence problems in the schools then that we have now. Go figure. But I guess we were all "slaves" ROFL.

You and some others act as if this is some grisly, new chapter in child abuse that is being uncovered with this incident, and I have to ask again, what rock did you grow up under? Cue the "why do they beat me?" ASPCA tearjerker commercials though I guess.
I am astounded by the simpleton mentality that some people still have in this world. What you are basically saying is because something was done for 100s of years (corporal punishment) and because the majority of those kids turned out ok, then in today's day and age there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a tree branch and whipping a 4 year old until he bleeds and had over 20 different cuts on his body because of it. No....nothing wrong with that at all.

People evolve. Society evolves. People learn and (hopefully) become a more civilized and moderate society. 200 years ago people kept slaves. We don't now. Why? Because its morally wrong. Not long ago people sacrificed other people all to appease some 'god'. Guess what? We don't do that anymore. Why? Because its an outdated and barbaric way to live.

Just like whipping a 4 year old boy is.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
...and now you reveal yourself to be a complete and total idiot. Maybe people who advocate corporal discipline of kids are the equivalent of nazis, fascists or serial killers? LOL. You don't disappoint with the absurd hyperboles that's for sure.
See, your simpleton mind cannot grasp what I was saying because well, simple minds only have a certain upward limit to which they can understand things. You really must have the IQ of a chimp.

Obviously, corporal punishment and killing infidels are two different things. My POINT HOWEVER, was that BOTH are directed and guided by religion. One being the Islamic religion and one being Christian. Both religions give the ok to go ahead and do something, and because these idiots (like you) who follow these religions, cannot think for themselves, they just go ahead and do it regardless of whether it is the morally right thing to do or not.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
I'm an atheist, moron.
Then you of all people should know better. But I guess because it was done to you :whistle: (which would explain a lot) it's A OK in your book!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't argue this issue with anyone. Especially my wife. If we EVER get into a serious, yelling, throwing **** at each ohter type fight, this is gonna be the issue. She gets mad when I yell at joe (our son) too loud, I think she's too soft.

I'm like Fatal Jay, I'm from the south. I mean, I don't think i had abusive parents. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would put them at a 2-3. But the times I got my ass whipped, 1. i deserved that **** and 2. I got my ass whipped lol. I called my mom a ***** one day, my dad tore the frame out of my ass with a snakeskin belt. I stole some candy from theliquor store when I was like 9, my grandfather found out and whipped me with a switch and made me take the candy back.

I probably only seriously got... 6-7 whippings my entire life, I didn't get whippings for stupid ****. When I looked at the markes, those look like switch marks, but that's why you use a switch. If you want to say a switch in itself is wrong, I won't aruge so much with that. that **** is brutal lol. but the punishment in itself, you can call me a child abuser or whatever, I really don't care, if my son

1. ever steals anything

2. ever talks back to his mom

3. ever puts his hands up to me like he wants to fight

4. ever hits his mom

i'm beating the **** out of him. I've told him that, i've told her that. anything above that, I'm not going to whip him for. I know how to discipline my son. If I tell him to stop running in the house and he keeps doing it I will make him go to bed i don't care what time it is. But there are somethings you just need your asre whipped for. With that said, my son is 6 and i've never seriously came close to putting my hands on him. I get pissed sometimes but I mean he's ****ing 6 I can take being pissed. I won't hit him because i'm mad, i will hit him because his little nucklehead ass needs it lol, and he hasn't yet. I hope he never does.

YOu know what this is.. this is another form of feminism. women, generally don't get whippings going up. women don't really test the boundaries like boys do. I mean you can't whip a girl for kissing a boy lol a girl isn't going to hit her mom or her dad, etc. so women will say "look i wasn't whipped" and i'm like well ****, did you ever try to steal your mom's car lol? Did you ever try to fight your dad lol? well shut the **** up then lol.

as far as AP himself, I want to know what the kid did. I'm not so much, even worried about the "marks" as much as I'm worried about a 6'0 225 pound man beating on a 4 year old in general. My dad was 5'8 and 175-180 and he even knew he was too big to hit me utnil i was 15-16 and even then, he only beat my ass when I thouht i could fight him lol. A man that big should be abl to get his point across with a belt /3-4 smacks across the ass clothes on.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I don't argue this issue with anyone. Especially my wife. If we EVER get into a serious, yelling, throwing **** at each ohter type fight, this is gonna be the issue. She gets mad when I yell at joe (our son) too loud, I think she's too soft.

I'm like Fatal Jay, I'm from the south. I mean, I don't think i had abusive parents. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would put them at a 2-3. But the times I got my ass whipped, 1. i deserved that **** and 2. I got my ass whipped lol. I called my mom a ***** one day, my dad tore the frame out of my ass with a snakeskin belt. I stole some candy from theliquor store when I was like 9, my grandfather found out and whipped me with a switch and made me take the candy back.

I probably only seriously got... 6-7 whippings my entire life, I didn't get whippings for stupid ****. When I looked at the markes, those look like switch marks, but that's why you use a switch. If you want to say a switch in itself is wrong, I won't aruge so much with that. that **** is brutal lol. but the punishment in itself, you can call me a child abuser or whatever, I really don't care, if my son

1. ever steals anything

2. ever talks back to his mom

3. ever puts his hands up to me like he wants to fight

4. ever hits his mom

i'm beating the **** out of him. I've told him that, i've told her that. anything above that, I'm not going to whip him for. I know how to discipline my son. If I tell him to stop running in the house and he keeps doing it I will make him go to bed i don't care what time it is. But there are somethings you just need your asre whipped for. With that said, my son is 6 and i've never seriously came close to putting my hands on him. I get pissed sometimes but I mean he's ****ing 6 I can take being pissed. I won't hit him because i'm mad, i will hit him because his little nucklehead ass needs it lol, and he hasn't yet. I hope he never does.

YOu know what this is.. this is another form of feminism. women, generally don't get whippings going up. women don't really test the boundaries like boys do. I mean you can't whip a girl for kissing a boy lol a girl isn't going to hit her mom or her dad, etc. so women will say "look i wasn't whipped" and i'm like well ****, did you ever try to steal your mom's car lol? Did you ever try to fight your dad lol? well shut the **** up then lol.

as far as AP himself, I want to know what the kid did. I'm not so much, even worried about the "marks" as much as I'm worried about a 6'0 225 pound man beating on a 4 year old in general. My dad was 5'8 and 175-180 and he even knew he was too big to hit me utnil i was 15-16 and even then, he only beat my ass when I thouht i could fight him lol
BB we are talking about a 4 year old here. A 4 year old who pushed his brother off a video game ride of some sort. I don't know about you, but in my book? That does not deserve getting whipped like an animal.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cord

I dont / haven't really paying attention to the news that much, i don't know all the details like everyone else does, i just know he put his hands on the boy. i didn't know it was something that trivial. if that is the case, then yeah he's 10000% in the wrong.

for me to hit m 4 year son he would have to do something like.. find a gun in our house and start pointing it at people or something that serious and even then, I would make my wife do it because i'd hurt him.

But the people who say stuff like.. "oh there's nothing a child can do to him him".. shiiiit. " when i was 7 or so years old i found my grandfathers shot gun and ran around the house palying cowboys and indians with my cousins. thank god it wasn't loaded. yeah you get whippped for that **** where i'm from.

my wife hsa a friend with a son, i've talked about him before the one that calls himself bein gay. he's like 14 years old now. one day about a year ago we were all at my house for 4th of july and his mom said something to him and he turned around and said "stop acting like a ***** leave me alone" and i was like wooooah buddy lol.

like, i think my son even though i haven't hit him i think he instinctively just knows, like there is only a certain level of bad assery that he will take it to. he's play and run aorund the house but i think he just knows i'm not going lol. he would never do any **** like that. i would have beat his ass in front of everyone if he ever said that to his mom and embarrassed her like that. byut this boy knows all his momma is going to do is get him on more addreal and not let him go outside and play with his friends and take the TV out of his room and at wrost, his dad will come over there and get in his face, but no one is going to hit him. that boy needs a foot up his ass lol.

and the thing about it, you really don't have to whip you kids. your kids just have to know that you WILL whip them. After my first REAL ass whipping, that was enough lol. i didn't get into it with my parents like that for another 7 years. momma wanted me home at midnight, yes ma'am. mom didn't want anyone at the house while shew as gone, yes ma'am. momma wanted me to wash her car, yes ma'am lol.

But i'm with zekko. Man I remember back when I was 8-10 years old, my best friends's mom had 1000% authority to whip my ass if need be lol. She almost did one day. We've come along way.]

mre than anyting though, this is why you have a WIFE and not a BABY MOMMA. This is some **** we would handle internally. Baby mommas DGAF about nuclear families and **** and child rearing

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say this. And i think this is the difference / where I stand. My son is smart enough to understand consequences and what's right and wrong. We go to the store all the time he knows that it's not right to take stuff out the store without paying for it. He knows there are certain words that he cannot say and he DEFIANTLY cannot say them towards his mom. I already tol him look Joe, if you ever take something out of a store without paying for it, I'm going to spank you. You're not going to like it, so just don't do it. if you want something ask for it, if we say no, than just deal with it. If you are ever with friends and you go to the store and your friends think it's cool to take stuff out the store, YOU better not, or I'm spanking you.

In other words, he already knows what a spankable offense is. And it's not much. don't curse out your mom, don't hit me or your mom, dont' steal. I'm boderline on don't cheat at school but probably not. Anything else I can deal with.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Then you of all people should know better. But I guess because it was done to you :whistle: (which would explain a lot) it's A OK in your book!
What's AOK in my book is that choices of child-rearing, including corporal punishment (or not) via switch, belt, paddle, hand, should be left to the discretion of the parents involved, mostly to the father involved, and their knowledge of their children, that that kind of discipline is far preferable to the truly abusive, character killing prescription pads, social workers and "therapy" of the gynocracy bolstered by MSM hand-flapping to gin up ratings. If that choice veers over into abuse, it's usually plain, and only then should the police or nannygov be involved. The instant case contains no facts suggesting true abuse yet, and until it does, the presumption should favor the father's judgment.

But enjoy the sick world you advocate, that grows exponentially every day, where dumb, expensive, corrupt, one-size-fits-all government is given more and more control over our lives in the name of leftist, gynocratic, faux victimologies, where we have the MSM and govt elites to tell us what's right and wrong in our individual lives. THAT'S much closer to slavery than a few switch stripes on a misbehaving kid's legs, and you don't even see the chains.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
What's AOK in my book is that choices of child-rearing, including corporal punishment (or not) via switch, belt, paddle, hand, should be left to the discretion of the parents involved, mostly to the father involved, and their knowledge of their children, that that kind of discipline is far preferable to the truly abusive, character killing prescription pads, social workers and "therapy" of the gynocracy bolstered by MSM hand-flapping to gin up ratings. If that choice veers over into abuse, it's usually plain, and only then should the police or nannygov be involved. The instant case contains no facts suggesting true abuse yet, and until it does, the presumption should favor the father's judgment.

But enjoy the sick world you advocate, that grows exponentially every day, where dumb, expensive, corrupt, one-size-fits-all government is given more and more control over our lives in the name of leftist, gynocratic, faux victimologies, where we have the MSM and govt elites to tell us what's right and wrong in our individual lives. THAT'S much closer to slavery than a few switch stripes on a misbehaving kid's legs, and you don't even see the chains.
This is where you make comments when you have no idea who I am.

I am anti govt. Big time. I believe our govt, controlled by the Fed Reserve and Old Money, wants nothing more than to control us, manipulate us, take away our civil rights, and in the end create a one world govt where we all behave like good little robots. I am the exact opposite of what you think I am. I am also on the side of morality however. And when I see a 4 year old with 20 whip lacerations on his body, from a week before mind you, I have a problem with that.

For you not to see a problem with that? Personally I think you are insane at this point.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
And yet people wanna whine about liberals and the media when this stuff comes to light. How about not being a d!ckbag that hurts women and children that cant defend themselves? These guys deserve all the scrutiny they are getting.

Like you said bro, weird that corporal punishment against small humans can be seen as more ok than it being done to animals.
But they (liberals and the media) don't really care about children, women and families. They just want to punish men and push a liberal agenda.

It's really just an old and tired shakedown and power grab. They use it as a springboard to call for more women in NFL management, more social services for women and children, more punishment and leverage over males and fathers, more, more, more for those in their favored group and less and less for those who are not.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
And when I see a 4 year old with 20 whip lacerations on his body, from a week before mind you, I have a problem with that. For you not to see a problem with that? Personally I think you are insane at this point.
Do you even know what a "whip laceration" (lol) looks like? It doesn't look anything like the mild welts from a switching such as in the pictures. Perhaps the bruises and marks athletes get are "hideous blunt instrument contusion trauma" too? Do you know why kids are spanked and switched on the back of the legs and the ass? Because there is almost no chance of real injury there due to the excess fat as opposed to slaves or criminals being whipped or caned on the back with little excess tissue specifically to cause injury, but switching on the legs/ass still hurts and accomplishes the purpose. Show me actual whip marks on a kid's -back-, and I would probably agree with you that it is abusive, this is definitely one of those situations where the govt and media make hay by making something look far worse and more melodramatic than it is, and you and others fall right over for it.

If you are anti govt in our lives, why do you fall for crap like this? Why can't you see through it? Everyone has their hot button that makes them willing to sacrifice freedom for illusory security I guess, and we've found one of yours. You're even willing to do their jobs for them, laying "slavery" hyperbole on top of "ISIS" hyperbole on top of "whip laceration" hyperbole on top of "insanity" hyperbole. You have been perfectly conditioned by the gynocracy and don't even realize it.