Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Adding more to the workout

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been bulking up over the past year doing the core exercises (bench, deads, squats) like everyone recommends.

I'm getting pretty close to my goals now, so I'd like to incorporate some other exercises.

What are some good exercises to start adding to the core ones?

Also, should I change up using barbells to dumb bells to mix things up a little?

-thx

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A whole year with those 3 primary exercises ONLY? How did that go? Please explain further on with this I'm quiet interested in hearing the results :)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seconding Zerix, *just* those 3 exercises? I'd also be interested to hear the results. Did you gain the size you were expecting, are some of your beach muscles lagging behind, etc? (biceps etc)

-shaun

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For most people, there's no need to actually work the beach muscles (up to a point). They will grow without direct stimulus.. again, up to a point. but worry about getting to that point first. :)

if you have a winning system, run with it..

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
For most people, there's no need to actually work the beach muscles (up to a point). They will grow without direct stimulus.. again, up to a point. but worry about getting to that point first. :)

if you have a winning system, run with it..
Being into science and all, I was wondering what the mechanism is for that? That is, why will the biceps grow through building a heavy squat, despite not receiving any microtrauma?

I know they do, as I haven't done curls in 2 months and my arms have grown, I'm just interested.

cheers,
-shaun

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthJuan, sorry for straying off topic btw, lol :)

Exercises to add are:

rows or chins (or both)
posterior core exercise (pullthroughs, goodmornings)
shoulder press
curls
tricep exercise (pushdowns, skullcrushers, french press)

You could also start doing some incline bench presses, and put some dumbbell bench presses in. :)

-shaun

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Being into science and all, I was wondering what the mechanism is for that? That is, why will the biceps grow through building a heavy squat, despite not receiving any microtrauma?

I know they do, as I haven't done curls in 2 months and my arms have grown, I'm just interested.

cheers,
-shaun
I would have to say that it's because of more over-all body stress and a larger realease in anabolic hormones. That's just a guess though.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
I would have to say that it's because of more over-all body stress and a larger realease in anabolic hormones. That's just a guess though.
essentially that's it. the body will grow as a unit up to a point from just the fact it's growing.. hence why beginners do well in Rippetoe etc which don't include direct arm work. once you're past the beginner stage you need to do more direct arm work etc as these will require additional overload (in most people)