Acne...

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question about acne, not REALLY bad kind, just moderate. How much does it turn girls off, cuz there is NO WAY it doesn't, b/c it the biggest turnoff for me on girls, other than fat ppl.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you on the fact that it is repulsive to see acne on girls... but guys is a different story. You can not compare guys to girls in a physical sense. Depending on the acne, however, it can be repulsive for any sex.

Light acne, on guys, is acceptable -- and trust me on that... I know.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever acne you have, get rid of it. Even if it's just moderate.

Girls often don't mind a guy having acne, but prefer seeing a clear skin. Although I have had girls flirt with me while I still had bad acne - you shouldn't count on it though, they like me a lot better without acne.

The Monkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
May I recommend The Proactive Solution... I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it does wonders. My girl has been using it for several years... I can only remember once when she had a pimple on her face. Of course, you have to be very religious in the application - morning and night - or it doesn't work as well as it could.

- Monkey

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you can go to the dermatologist and have him give you a cream or gel... or even go hardcore and talk him into putting you on Accutane... that'll definitely get rid of every last pimple.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends where you have the acne and the severity of it. I used to have acne in bad places (side of mouth, nose) that hurt like a b1tch and detracted from aesthetics by a yard. I have moderate, mild acne now, and although I know I'd be even more confident and secure if I was totally clear, I have no problem with it at the moment. Acne tends to hurt the attractiveness of girls enormously, but less so with guys. If you decide to ever go serious with a girl, either never talk about it, or bring it out in a way that shows you are working on it, and that you are nonetheless secure and not a pansy about it. People without acne, as I have noticed, really don't pay attention to the individual spots. They just notice that you have "acne."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/CaliLove/CaliLove6.jpg

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice...I have Tazorac or something that I'm using as of now. I've seen the proactive solution in infomericals and want it so badly. And what is Accutane?

Thanks
-Michael

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zaine
Thanks for all the advice...I have Tazorac or something that I'm using as of now. I've seen the proactive solution in infomericals and want it so badly. And what is Accutane?

Thanks
-Michael
Yea man, I'm on tazorac also (.1% version). Proactive is primarily benzol peroxide + glycolic acid, but their products have too much fragrance. Tazorac is the best topical in the market at the moment. Accutane is an oral retinoid, a derivative of vitamin A. Unless you have severe cystic acne, its best not to take it.

Some safe supplements that you might wanna consider -

Saw Palmetto
Vitamin E
Zinc
Vitamin B complex
Fish Oil

Since you are on tazorac, it's important that you do not take vitamin A in excess. Hopefully things go well with the tazorac creme.

-Eric

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Califronia love.

Do any of you know when the end of acne is(on average)?
Plus, I have red hair, so that kinda ****s things up:D

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zaine
Thanks Califronia love.

Do any of you know when the end of acne is(on average)?
Plus, I have red hair, so that kinda ****s things up:D
Ah, you're definitely right about the red hair thing. Having red hair usually means your skin has less pigment to help hide the acne (genetic correlation). I don't think there is truly any "average age" when acne simply dissapears, but most people have it for a few years. Others carry it on into adulthood for decades. I'd say don't worry too much about it though, especially since you classify your own acne as moderate. I used to have some pretty bad acne (much worse than in the pic), but hey, I'm still alive and well.

An aside - I've known countless guys with acne whom have scored beautiful and benevolent women. If u feel that you have positive things to offer, you will naturally broadcast it by the way you act. In conclusion, acne is nothing in comparison to the rest of your image and personality.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crap i ment to go to H&F, sorry you lazy AE mods, look like you gotta do some work :p

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have an already attractive face, acne(assuming its not severe) should not do that much difference. It doesnt change the facial structure of your face, just how "smooth" it looks...which girls dont really care about. Did you ever hear a girl say " oh my god, i wanna do him, he's got such flawless skin". For girls on the other hand, it can really affect the overall "hotness" since us guys see smooth skin as a turn on.
The main thing about acne is that it fvcks up how YOU think of yoursel. If chick rejects you, its more likely because you feel and seem so insecure about your face, and not because of acne itself.
Dont sweat it.

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
For Shizzle

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
accutane is the sh!t man if you have serious acne like I did. It's the only thing that worked for me but I might need to do a second treatment because it didn't take care of all of it. But when you're on it man it clears up.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.acne.org

benzoyl peroxide is the best fvcking thing that ever happened to me. cleared my acne right off within a week. ( i had moderate acne)

i used to think girls didn't mind it, and sure i pulled a good 15 or so within 3months when i had it, but it is not something that you should be complacent about. it is not something you should have to live with or put up with.

if you have acne, get benzoyl peroxide 2.5% as featured in acne.org

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm....For Shizzle....

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Wash your face often (in the morning of course...). Don't use the towel too hard to wipe the water off either.
2. Don't touch your face if you don't have to...it's precious:D . You gotta get kinda "pretty boyish" about your face.
3. Get a face cleanser for when you shower.
4. Get acne cream (whatever its called) for use...whenever. Seriously, keep applying it when you sleep, when you go out,etc...

I feel blessed because I've never really had an acne problem (just one or two here and there SOMETIMES...even then, it's hardly noticeable). But I think these tips helped me out so try em:D

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have some moderate acne too, and it sucks. Especially since there are so many clear faces at my school. I used to let acne get me down and affect my confidence but lately I've realized that it doesn't really matter, as long as it's not disfiguring.

I've gone thru the whole acne.org shebang and it worked for a while, but recently it just "stopped" working. And I got really tired of putting benzoyl peroxide for 5-10 minutes every morning and night. :rolleyes:

So I went down to the derm and he prescribed me with some antibiotics (tetracycline). I also use a regimen on my face which is similar to the one at acne.org but without leaving all the peroxide on the face. I'd classify my acne as just mild now, so it's been working for me. You should go see the dermatologist, they can identify your acne and help you out.

Main thing is, don't let your acne get to you. It'll be over soon. There are some guys who have some moderate/almost severe acne and they're still pulling in some beautiful women.