Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Accutane BEGIN !!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunnyCide
I...
I've taken Accutane for almost 4 years... don't ask. Anyway, yes breaking out is normal in the early stages of taking the medication. It lasts for a few weeks then goes away virtually for good - while you might not like being broken out for that time, think of how it'll feel to never have to worry about being broken out again.

Accutane starts working as soon as it hits your bloodstream. While I'm not sure why your derm put you on half doses at first, it should start being effective before too long.

As for dry lips and skin, take about 400 IU of Vitamin E each day, and keep moisturizer and chapstick handy. You might also want to get a bottle of Visine since some people's eyes tend to get red when they're on it.

exwhyzee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn 4 Years???? I have been on three six month cycles and I thouhght that was a lot. The month of so of accutane is the worst, then the acne starts to dissapear. In my opinion accutane equals poison, you feel awful on it but abourmrmt a month after you get off a full cycle you feel so great and happy. Be aware for me even though the acne stops for awhile you will still have redness/scars for months after because it takes a long time for them to go away. My advice is to drink a lot of water, have lots of chapstick (I prefer blistex medicated, or carmix in a tube-not the squeeze thing) weat lots of moisturizer, don't get to upset or frusterated with accutane it will work in the end, and take your dosage on time everyday! Good luck accutane users!

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
The derm said that the first month of half dose was to make sure I didn't have a negative reaction to it. so do people usually have to take accutane again after the first cycle?

How long after the accutane cycle did all the redness fade away? And how long where your cycles?

Till then I'll keep my eye on the goal

soul71

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have funny story to tell about my acne.

From year 7 right through till half-way through year 9 I'd always get the "he'd be so hot if he didn't have so many pimples!!"

So I said "fvckit" and went on Accutane. ^ months of ****, I didn't like it at all (I only got the really dry skin and dry lips kinda thing, but I didn't enjoy it in the least).

So by the end of my cycle my skin was wayyyyyyyyyy good, after I went off it it got even better. But behold, the pimples began to return, albeit no where near as badly as before. I began using a variety of face wash/creams/cleansers etc for ages, they kept my acne at bay.

Then recently, I got so sick of washing my face twice a day with that whole lot of stuff and moisturising that I just stopped. I started running every day, drinking lots of water and eating really healthy... and guess what... they almost ALL WENT!!!!

No more bloody cleansing, no more accutane, and its fixed... gone!! I still have a few, but I'm the only one who notices them.

So for those of you feeling down about you're acne, don't let it get too you!!! It'll always end sooner or later!!

PS: Accutane is great if you can bear the side-effects!