Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Accutane BEGIN !!

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,
I just started accutane today, if you guys who are wondering what its like, want to ask questions just ask. Today is day 1 for me though. :rockon:

strams4ever

Don Juan
Reaction score
awsome!

I started my 1st cycle a couple months ago, after the 1st month the doctor doubled the dosage. If you dont have lip balm yet... get some! All so your face might start to flake all the time, just put aloe on it. :D good luck

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's cool man I'm about to start my cycle on monday. I've heard that chapstick and dry skin will be coming soon but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I forgot to ask this at the doc apt but does anyone know if you need to take accutane all the time so the acne doesn't return?

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well here is the thing, accutane is the only medicated drug that can cure acne, yet none of my friends who have been on it have had this pleasure. within a couple months it came back to them, by a couple i meant like between 4-6 and the doctor wanted them to do another cycle. at this point i realized it is not worth it ,especially with all the bs risks. im tking some vitamins that are wicked and control it. good luck with your cycle man! i hope you get the good luck and no side effects.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3, i upped my dosage to 60 mg, when i can handle this (atm its fine) i will jump onto 80mg which is where i want to be. Basically im willing to go threw 6 months of this aslong as it improves :woo:

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunnyCide
That's cool man I'm about to start my cycle on monday. I've heard that chapstick and dry skin will be coming soon but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I forgot to ask this at the doc apt but does anyone know if you need to take accutane all the time so the acne doesn't return?
It depends on the dosage, normally it can be between 4months to 9months, and no you dont need to do another dosage unless it comes back again.

AbAbber2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did Accutane. Worked great. Make sure you have moisturizure and limp balm (for after you shower and daily use). One thing I should mention. When I started taking it, after a couple weeks, my acne flared up pretty bad, but I stuck it out and it went away. Don't remember quite how long it took. Side effects were mild/nonexistant for me. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to work for everyone. A friend of mine took it, had the same flare ups, but it never seemed to improve so he ditched it and tried something else.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AbAbber2k
I did Accutane. Worked great. Make sure you have moisturizure and limp balm (for after you shower and daily use). One thing I should mention. When I started taking it, after a couple weeks, my acne flared up pretty bad, but I stuck it out and it went away. Don't remember quite how long it took. Side effects were mild/nonexistant for me. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to work for everyone. A friend of mine took it, had the same flare ups, but it never seemed to improve so he ditched it and tried something else.
he prob didn't persist with it.

i've started my second course on the 26th of april. its now the 8th of jun.
this last week gone is probably the worst my acne has been. since i've been back on roaccutane. the lips need lip balm every 3-4 hours. the flaky skin isn't too bad right now, infact its improved alot since i first started the course. i wasn't feeling depression, but i did feel lack of motivation over the last 3 or so weeks.
then on monday morning i went to gym. felt motivated the rest of the day. tuesday morning, i went to gym, motivated again. today i didn't. and i sat around playing online poker :(

so i'll keep lifting :)

also, although the acne gets worse.
the pimples dry up and clear up MUCH faster then before.

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jiza101
Day 3, i upped my dosage to 60 mg, when i can handle this (atm its fine) i will jump onto 80mg which is where i want to be. Basically im willing to go threw 6 months of this aslong as it improves :woo:
Who told you to up your dosage after 3 days???

Its not the kind of drug to mess around just upping dosages after a few days. Your dermatologist should have given you set instructions on dose.

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man don't increasing dosage on your own. I was told to take 40 ml a day for a month before the doc will decided where to go from there.

Anyone with any experience drinking alcohol while on accutane?
I got a bachelor party weekend to go to and I really want to get wasted but I'll settle for a moderate 6 pack. I know it's not good cause Accutane messes with your liver function but I never really drink that much and this is a good occasion for it.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FunnyCide
Yeah man don't increasing dosage on your own. I was told to take 40 ml a day for a month before the doc will decided where to go from there.

Anyone with any experience drinking alcohol while on accutane?
I got a bachelor party weekend to go to and I really want to get wasted but I'll settle for a moderate 6 pack. I know it's not good cause Accutane messes with your liver function but I never really drink that much and this is a good occasion for it.
mate, i've had no issues with it.

i binge drink all the time. minimum once a weekend. normally twice. i do it until the point that i don't remember large chunks of the night.

you'll be fine.

only MAJOR concerns with accutane is the dry lips, and nose bleeds. though i haven't heard anyone else having nose bleeds, just me. and nose oil a couple of times a week fixed that.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... He basically said in England, they will give you 80mg a day straight for 4 months and your done, but you get very dry. Then he told me here we do it slower, and start low and see how you react, this is why i tried upping the dosage, and im copeing fine, its just a matter of when i finish, i will still be taking in the same amount of the drug, just a shorter period of time which means i will be more dry. I would rather get it over with...:confused:

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... He basically said in England, they will give you 80mg a day straight for 4 months and your done, but you get very dry. Then he told me here we do it slower, and start low and see how you react, this is why i tried upping the dosage, and im copeing fine, its just a matter of when i finish, i will still be taking in the same amount of the drug, just a shorter period of time which means i will be more dry. I would rather get it over with...:confused:
They generally calculate dose on bodyweight etc... In the case of accutane, more does not equal better, otherwise we would be taking 160mg to get it over and done with quicker, unfortunately that doesnt work.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbaoth
They generally calculate dose on bodyweight etc... In the case of accutane, more does not equal better, otherwise we would be taking 160mg to get it over and done with quicker, unfortunately that doesnt work.
Yes, but i weigh 90 kilos, and he wants me on 80mg eventually (3 weeks) im only doing 60mg a day atm, then next week i will start 80mg, which is 2 weeks before he wanted me to start it. But im dealing with the side effects, so this should be fine correct?:confused:

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but i weigh 90 kilos, and he wants me on 80mg eventually (3 weeks) im only doing 60mg a day atm, then next week i will start 80mg, which is 2 weeks before he wanted me to start it. But im dealing with the side effects, so this should be fine correct?:confused:
Probably best to check with your derm

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbaoth
Probably best to check with your derm
Well he basically emphasised when he was talking to me that the only reason for starting with 20mg was to see how i reacted to it, and if i had any sudden severe side effects... I havn't and im cruising along fine on 60mg, i cant see a reason to lower my dose when i can cope with 60mg, he also told me in england they get it over with in 4 months on high dosages. So its not asif its going to effect me negativly, just give me stronger side effects but be done with it faster. :cheer:
I will let you all know how im doing in a few weeks.

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in Aus too, and I had a second round of blood tests a month after starting on accutane. Are you also having to do that?

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to call on all the veteran users of accutane

I started my course about 6 weeks ago. The first month was on half doses and just started the full dose about week and a half ago. I've been breaking out the last week and I read the manual and it said that might happen at first. In your experiences, when did the acne really start fading away?

Does the first month of half dose count in the time that accutane takes effectiveness?

Also, I wanted to know what the veterans did to help witht he side effects like dry lips and skin?

And Jiza how's your treatment going?