accepting reality..

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
guys,

if you have any sort of problem, with girls included, just accept the way things are and focus on what makes you happy... suffering is a result of us not accepting reality...

that is not to say that you shouldnt improve yourself.. you should.. but you should also accept the fact that some things in life are way beyond our control ...

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
loco2chon said:
this is exactly what i needed to hear... tx
this train of thought really helped me out in the past... i'll tell you a little story also that i remember reading somewhere.. either in a zen teaching, or a buda teaching, im not sure where... but anyways hope it will help you (its not word for word as i dont remember specifics obviously)...

there was a horse farmer when one night, all his horses escaped cuz the wind blew the gate open.. in the morning his neighbour comes and says "you john have the WORST luck ever" and john answered "good luck, bad luck, i dont know".

the next night all the horses came back and brought with them this amazing wild horse. the next day the neighbour comes and says "you john have the BEST luck in the world" to which john answered "good luck, bad luck, i dont know"

the next day John's son is trying to tame the wild horse, and he's trying and he's trying and the wild horse kicks him in the leg and breaks it.. the neighbour comes to john and says "john, you have the worst luck in the world" to which john answers "good luck, bad luck, i dont know"

the next day the army comes to town and is recruiting everybody to the army that is healthy and ofcourse dont take John's son because of his broken leg.. etc etc etc etc...

the moral of the story is live your life because we dont know what is good luck, and what is bad... what we may want currently so badly, and think that this is your path to happiness, rethink that position because you dont know where life will take you.. if its a girl thats driving you crazy, take a step back and realize that 2 years down the line, when ur with somebody else and truely happy you will thank god that things didnt work out... fortune is a tricky thing, what is bad may be good, and what is good may be bad..

good luck and hope some of you enjoyed reading..

Solarium

Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
this train of thought really helped me out in the past... i'll tell you a little story also that i remember reading somewhere.. either in a zen teaching, or a buda teaching, im not sure where... but anyways hope it will help you (its not word for word as i dont remember specifics obviously)...

there was a horse farmer when one night, all his horses escaped cuz the wind blew the gate open.. in the morning his neighbour comes and says "you john have the WORST luck ever" and john answered "good luck, bad luck, i dont know".

the next night all the horses came back and brought with them this amazing wild horse. the next day the neighbour comes and says "you john have the BEST luck in the world" to which john answered "good luck, bad luck, i dont know"

the next day John's son is trying to tame the wild horse, and he's trying and he's trying and the wild horse kicks him in the leg and breaks it.. the neighbour comes to john and says "john, you have the worst luck in the world" to which john answers "good luck, bad luck, i dont know"

the next day the army comes to town and is recruiting everybody to the army that is healthy and ofcourse dont take John's son because of his broken leg.. etc etc etc etc...

the moral of the story is live your life because we dont know what is good luck, and what is bad... what we may want currently so badly, and think that this is your path to happiness, rethink that position because you dont know where life will take you.. if its a girl thats driving you crazy, take a step back and realize that 2 years down the line, when ur with somebody else and truely happy you will thank god that things didnt work out... fortune is a tricky thing, what is bad may be good, and what is good may be bad..

That's a good story, I remember my parents used to tell me that. Accept who you are, and your capabilities that you cannot change, do the best you can and have no regrets.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are not a man. Accepting reality? Whose reality? Reality that was defined by someone else that you are buying into?

From a metaphysical as well as neurological perspective, each and every one of us has his or her own distinct reality. It is your job as a man to define reality for yourself primarily, and possibly for others as well.

What is with this word "accepting"?? Do u have a pyssy or something? Women are the acceptors and recievers. Men are he do-ers and act-ors. Men are not the ones who recieve. If your mind is full of just like that at least dont pollute other people's minds with it.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
you are not a man. Accepting reality? Whose reality? Reality that was defined by someone else that you are buying into?

From a metaphysical as well as neurological perspective, each and every one of us has his or her own distinct reality. It is your job as a man to define reality for yourself primarily, and possibly for others as well.

What is with this word "accepting"?? Do u have a pyssy or something? Women are the acceptors and recievers. Men are he do-ers and act-ors. Men are not the ones who recieve. If your mind is full of just like that at least dont pollute other people's minds with it.

you missed the point... some things in life, especially specific details are BEYOND what you can control... you go on a bus and a terrorist blows it up.. lets see what you are gonna do about that you big tough guy... (this was just an example, but one of many) if a girl isnt attracted to you, just accept it and move on, ACCEPT the fact that not everybody will be into you...

what you call polluting i call just giving my peice of mind, if you cant relate to it, no biggy, nobody is forcing you to adopt this philosophy or way of thinking, i was just sharing something that made me more content with myself and my existence here on this planet and in turn helped me improve my lifestyle..

take care,
Sav.

loco2chon

Don Juan
Reaction score
That story changed my perspective and I actually feel it helped me in a way. Thanks x)

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT: Oh crap, just realized this thread is over a year old. Anyway, my take on the OP's message still stands.

To the OP,

Are you trying to say that accept rejections since the decision the girl has to ultimately make is out of your control? And your looks, personality, conversation, confidence only but influence the girl's decision in accepting/rejecting you?

I agree if that is the assesment you're trying to make...and I think that's what you are trying to convey. I just think you need to elaborate on it and write it out better. You know, the content is somewhat misleading, but the context is there.

Nice story, by the way.

Love Ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
you are not a man.

LOL ... righteous comments like these really crack me up.

What world do live in throwing stuff like that out there? Have many friends ...? Of course you do... you only reserve snarky comments like that for people you don't meet face to face.

Bravado is all it is... 'Know-it-all' Bravado...

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow I really like this one, I'm totally using that

Mind over matter; if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

yama600rr

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is the gayest comment i have ever heard! you sound like dr. phil or something man.

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, like parents have been telling their kids for century:

"Just try your best, and forget the rest."

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
loco2chon said:
That story changed my perspective and I actually feel it helped me in a way. Thanks x)
im glad it was able to do so :)

this is one thing i like about this site, so many different views, there is something for everybody.. its all about what you take away from it....

i rarely come here anymore... but i'll never fully leave :)

Reaction score
sav said:

I have read this story b4 too, forgot what book ...

good story ... moral is great