Abs workout tool

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fellas, long time no post. hope you all getting ripped.

not living on campus this summer, so no free gym :(

but there is a stadium here, where i moved, so i started to run. i still do the push ups. ok, so arms, back, legs (unweighted squats), and stamina are checked. abs is the last variable to solve the "being ripped" equation.

i have been doing crunches, sit-ups, leg-ups. i have been increasing the reps in my sets. it has become boring. plus now, there is my nephew in the room.

can you guys recommend a tool that help? basically i need something that focus on quality and not quantity. i have seen those ab straps. do they work? what about ab wheels? anything else?

thanks a lot in advance.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like the ab wheels, they hurt my back and I never felt it in my abs. My only suggestion is to do variations of the crunch, maybe V-ups or something, or bicycle crunches. Just google it. Hanging leg raises if you're not doing them. I'll you need is a bar. There is no magic formula, I like to stick to the basics. Just because you're bored with something doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing it.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the reply speed dawg. i know i should not give up. there is another reason. but once i get in my own room again on campus, i would be able to do these 1 hour abs sessions. i will take your suggestion: no ab wheel. maybe i should look into getting an ab strap.

Sly6699

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have both an ab wheel and hanging ab straps.

The ab straps actually work pretty well, but the wheel is not nearly as effective.