Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About Poon King/Remove Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm supposed to even make threads like this. But there's been NO ONE on this forum that's called out Poon King more than me. My issues with him remain, that if he's going to call everybody "beta" and refer to himself as "alpha", then damn it he should show pics or something in relation to this alpha lifestyle. NOT doing so comes off as a fraud.

- But regardless, I have always agreed MORE with Poon King than disagreed with him.

- I believe he has one of the best writing styles I've seen in awhile and at one point in time, I wanted to do "The Book Of Poon King". I would still do this "book" (which would be similar to Pook's Book) but I just don't have enough time.

Notwithstanding, Poon King provided more VALUE to the forum than worthlessness. And I am putting my hand on the table to say he should be unbanned. And not just him, but while you are at it:

- Unban Deesade

- Unban TicTac

They also provided value to the forum even though I at times had disagreements with them as well.

What all 3 of these guys have an issue with is disagreeing while not being disagreeable. It's OK for people to disagree with ASPECTS of what you are saying, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a beta fag.got number one, and it also doesn't mean they disagree with everything you are saying either.

I agreed with 80% of what Poon King would talk about. It's the 20% that I didn't agree with that caused the guy to flip out, calling me beta fag.gots every 5 minutes, and I think that's just a reflection of a level of GROWTH that he still has to go through.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People's agreeing or disagreeing with what a member says has nothing to do with that member's being banned or un-banned.

That member's willingness to follow the rules that everyone else has no problem following has everything to do with his being banned.

What do you guys think happens with us mods when we give special treatment to certain members? Do you have any idea how full of complaints our mailboxes become?

We've said several times here that both Poon King and Deesade's bans have been temporary. They can come back if they want. When and if they do, they will either be respectful of others and stay, or continue personally insulting others and receive a permanent ban.

What a lot of guys here don't realize is how messy things become when we give special treatment to certain members. And that's how it should be, because I find it very hard to understand why it's so difficult for a person to avoid continually personally attacking another member who disagrees with him.

99.9% of members here are able to have disagreements without resorting to name-calling and insults. Therefore I perceive the rules to be entirely reasonable and even quite lenient. You really need to try awful hard around here to get banned, because we warn extensively before banning.

Let's reframe what's going on here. The members in question have not been banned because of the mods. They have been banned for choosing to disregard the rules on a continual basis. The mods are simply here to keep this place orderly. We look the other way far more than most mods on most boards. You can take that to the bank.

There are really only two things that get people banned around here. One is insulting/attacking others multiple times after several warnings, and the other is blatant disrespect toward the mods. Even that disrespect has to be pretty severe for us to do anything about it. We let a lot roll off our backs.

So when you see that someone has been banned, you can know that it is the result of ignoring repeated requests and warnings from us. It is the reality that they created by their own choice. Just as we men expect (but rarely see) women to be accountable for their actions, so should we expect ourselves to be accountable for ours.

As I said, I observe that it's mighty hard to get banned around here. You really need to push it to the limit.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Part of being a true DJ is to be able to know your stuff well, practice your stuff well, teach other guys well, and be humble about who you are and the great man you have become. Great/humble men don't ridicule other men. Men who ridicule other men have some deep underlying insecurities that need remedied. Great men also follow laws and rules.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not incredibly difficult to come back from a ban, even an IP ban. So, if any of these guys truly wanted to come back, they'd be here.

B

BlueAlpha1

Part of being a true DJ is to be able to know your stuff well, practice your stuff well, teach other guys well, and be humble about who you are and the great man you have become. Great/humble men don't ridicule other men. Men who ridicule other men have some deep underlying insecurities that need remedied. Great men also follow laws and rules.
That being said, I can think of at least 3 other people (2 chest thumping FAKERS who are vicious to other posters, and a race baiter whose been here since 2004) who I think have to go. Just my humble opinion.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That being said, I can think of at least 3 other people (2 chest thumping FAKERS who are vicious to other posters, and a race baiter whose been here since 2004) who I think have to go. Just my humble opinion.
This is the biggest beef we all have. It isn't the fact that I've been banned. I get it, I insulted some folks. So did the others listed in this thread. The problem is that the guys you alluded to DID NOT.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone here is free to contact a mod via pm if they have a legitimate problem with another member being vicious (to use BlueAlpha1's phrase), or is abusive in any way.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Legit, things have been peaceful. Members have disagreed but kept it civil (lol, I've followed it all)
Today there was a disturbance in the force and it doesn't look like it's going to stop.

again, everyone is free to disagree, but it should be kept respectful

Comp eliminator

Don Juan
Reaction score
i come here about a quarter as much without poon king. i dont care what he didnt or did do he was helpful to me

ApolloSunGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its always a kick to read Poon King point of view and perspective, even thoug I might not agree on some of the stuff he might say I still respect what he bring to the table, at the end of the day we are all men, hopefully his banned wont last to longer ..

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King has the option to come back 10 days from now. We'll see what happens.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've observed that there are several tough love posters who refrain from directly attacking other posters with name-calling, but who still get their points across. I've also noticed that those threads don't degenerate into private wars that serve no purpose to anybody.

I personally find it very easy to disagree with others without insulting them, labeling them and calling them names, and this tends to garner a lot of respect even from those who disagree.

Unfortunately, name-calling and insulting others overshadows and eclipses the original point of the thread. The thread just turns into meaningless static that we mods have to shut down. The initial point of the thread is then lost. What a waste.

Tough love is great. Grumpy and acerbic is fine. Personal insults and name calling gets you warned, then finally banned. Those are pretty loose parameters and very easy to adhere to IMO.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King has the option to come back 10 days from now. We'll see what happens.
I'm sure this will be a very unpopular observation, but I've noticed the forum becomes a much more pleasant place during his " hiatuses". Watch and see. Less name calling, more tolerance for different views, just the general tone of the place is more civil. I'm sure he would view that as a sign of weakness. :)

For whatever reason, the dude inspires hero worship - mostly in the younger posters, but not all. He wields more influence around here than is healthy IMO. I enjoy reading the diversity of opinions, and people tend to just turn off their minds and follow him blindly, until the board becomes annoyingly one-note. I guess that's life though.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For whatever reason, the dude inspires hero worship - mostly in the younger posters, but not all. He wields more influence around here than is healthy IMO. I enjoy reading the diversity of opinions, and people tend to just turn off their minds and follow him blindly, until the board becomes annoyingly one-note. I guess that's life though.
poon king merely says what most people here think

do you honestly think that there exists a single pro LTR or pro marriage forum in the entire manosphere? no. the majority is all about the bachelor lifestyle, and that's what poon king preaches.

for the most part, people come here all about how they get their one dream girl, and then they learn that focusing on one girl is stupid and they instead learn how to juggle a harem of HB8s and leave satisfied with their progress

Chev.Chelios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
betas are faggots...

- poon

:(

plz come back

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The entire beta fagg0t thing was to inspire the man to elevate himself and let his masculine balls swell and hang more. He's a perfect leader when it comes to a plates lifestyle. Some of us do LTR and he really doesn't support that viewpoint.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TicTac was just a funny *******, not too helpful or insightful though. Same thing with tits, but that dude was a freaking genius in how he argued that I found all his posts pretty entertaining. Plus he was never really 'wrong' in any of his arguments either, he just articulated them in a funny prick type of way. I was sad when I saw he got banned.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King

I have a homework assignment for you.

Post a link to a post where I bragged about being an alpha male.

I imagine Christmas will come before anyone sees that link.
Poon King this is done in all of the threads you were making dude. For example, when you call someone a beta fag.got for not following your advice, you are saying that following your advice (and of course, yourself for providing the advice) makes one an Alpha.

I don't have time to scroll through thread after thread where you explicitly make the statement of "I Poon King, am an Alpha MALE" but I know you've said it directly and you say it indirectly everytime you refer to people as beta fag.gots for disagreeing with your philosophy.

But with that being said, I'm not here to do any serious back-and-forth with you and Deesade. I was one of the people that pushed for them to unban you both (even though I KNOW you guys would not have done the same for me) because it was the right thing to do from an integrity/moral/ethical standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.