Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aaron Clarey now says folks cannot afford to live on their own

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He had always said that a young man should get his own place as a necessary part of becoming an adult, but has now done a 180 due to the current high prices of housing.

Perhaps, PUA community must seek solutions on how to game when living with parents? :eek:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's true if you have some combination of poor career/job choice, poor financial spending habits or live in very expensive places without earning enough to afford to be able to live there.

If you can't afford to live in a place then your best option is to move, period.

This nonsense about people crying about living in a place where you have to pay 3-4K a month in rent because they don't make enough money has a very common sense solution.

MOVE SOMEWHERE LESS EXPENSIVE TO LIVE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD!

itouchyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true if you have some combination of poor career/job choice, poor financial spending habits or live in very expensive places without earning enough to afford to be able to live there.

If you can't afford to live in a place then your best option is to move, period.

This nonsense about people crying about living in a place where you have to pay 3-4K a month in rent because they don't make enough money has a very common sense solution.

yep, I find it funny that people cry about prices in NYC, Boston, SF, etc

those are the most desirable places to live in the country, there's no reason poor people need to live there

problem with people is that they can't stomach living in a flyover state or neighborhood that's actually tailored to their financial situation

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can a long time, and a lot of cognitive dissonance unwinding for expectation to accept reality.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There's probably a 2 year shelf life to this advice with the way things are headed.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There's probably a 2 year shelf life to this advice with the way things are headed.
Nah...get back in me 10 years when the economy is still pumping.

Young people have no concepts of economic cycles because they have never seen one in their lifetime, only "up".

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah...get back in me 10 years when the economy is still pumping.

Young people have no concepts of economic cycles because they have never seen one in their lifetime, only "up".
Was the time you were relentlessly pushing crypto until it crashed and then never posted about it again considered an economic cycle? How did that turn out?

Guy couldn't see crypto crashing but is going to comment on the ability of anybody to see economic cycles, jeez this was an ignorant post.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps, PUA community must seek solutions on how to game when living with parents? :eek:
Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I lived with my parents until I was quite old and it was never an issue.

I brought lots of girls back to my parents house to bang lol. My dad thought it was funny and like high fived me in the morning. And The girls didn't care at all. (UK)

It may have have helped that I'd always target teenagers (they're the hottest) who maybe didn't even expect guys they went home with to have their own place? (and even though i was older, i'd always lie about my age as I do/did look a bit younger than my years). It would have likely been an issue if I was trying to bang older women (27+) I'd image but I tended not to try as I like younger girls way more

I will admit I do/did seem to notice that people seemed to move out when they are younger in the US from what I read online on forums and stuff, so maybe that's something to do with it? It's more 'expected' over there? (btw, Is it even cheaper than here?)

It's a lot of money in the UK. LOTS of adults are 'house sharing' with strangers where I live as they could never afford the rent on their own.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

But even average rent prices for 1 BRs are over $1000/mo, usually about $1,200 which is absurd. You cannot even find studios for under $1000 in most cities. You need to make a minimum of about $60k gross to be okay, maybe a bit less in some places. $80k is basically the minimum for living well, and $100k/yr is just "alright" in 2024. Smaller affordable towns have way less jobs available. If you can work remote obviously that's ideal though.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But even average rent prices for 1 BRs are over $1000/mo, usually about $1,200 which is absurd. You cannot even find studios for under $1000 in most cities. You need to make a minimum of about $60k gross to be okay, maybe a bit less in some places. $80k is basically the minimum for living well, and $100k/yr is just "alright" in 2024. Smaller affordable towns have way less jobs available. If you can work remote obviously that's ideal though.
$1,000 / month?! Hahaha stay away from the east coast then. 1 Bedrooms are more like $2,200+ minimum. “Luxury” starts at $3,000 / month.

$100K / year is more than alright. People are just terrible with money habits.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$1,000 / month?! Hahaha stay away from the east coast then. 1 Bedrooms are more like $2,200+ minimum. “Luxury” starts at $3,000 / month.

Yeah that's insane to me.

And I wasn't implying 100k/yr isn't good money but, 20 yrs ago if you made $100k you were considered well off, basically rich. Now that's not the case anymore. Personally I could get by just fine with about $45-50k/yr but I generally consider about 70-80k to be necessary to live a decent life.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Was the time you were relentlessly pushing crypto until it crashed and then never posted about it again considered an economic cycle? How did that turn out?

Guy couldn't see crypto crashing but is going to comment on the ability of anybody to see economic cycles, jeez this was an ignorant post.
Turned out pretty well. There is a concept called shorting. Maybe you should look into it.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm guessing the $1K+ car notes fall under terrible money habits? :rofl:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kinda agree considering with inflation and this fake money that runs the world, we're returning to the primitive ages of survival of the fittest. That means people shacking up more, less certainty for the future, etc. All because of the Federal Reserve.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't even occur to people that you don't need to a $60,000 pickup truck to commute to work. Cars are a status symbol for people and they view it as a necessity not a luxury. It doesn't even occur to most people to buy cars with cash, nor does commute time ever factor into peoples equation in general. I haven't had a car for 6 years now and I've saved ungodly amounts of money.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even average rent prices for 1 BRs are over $1000/mo, usually about $1,200 which is absurd.
In Dallas, a pre-1980 construction one bedroom apartment is around $1,200 - $1,350 if it is a decent neighborhood. For men 30+, living in one of those basic, older apartments in a decent neighborhood won't impress too many women either. Guys in their 20s can get away with living in those and get laid.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

Anyone who buys a new car has bad money habits, IMO. They are putting huge money into something that only depreciates in value, and does so immediately the second they drive it off the lot.