Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Woman's Faithfulness During a Loss

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This may be too specific advice for some, but something I felt I should share, since I tend to be a quiet lurker here.

I've seen this situation 3 times in my life: once with my wife, once with my oneitis and her significant other, and once with my married friend who I probably need to start distancing myself from. It's only now at 43, do I really get it.

It's been said on this forum many times over the years by some very wise people that a women will stray if a man isn't there for something important. One of the items on the list is always something big like missing a funeral of a close family member or friend. But, what I've been too stupid to remember is that EVERYTHING a woman says needs to be translated. We say this here on this forum all the time, but it's so easy to forget or fall out of constantly translating woman-speak.

When a woman does stray, one of the top 10 excuses is that "You weren't there with me at X's funeral so I felt Y and had an affair with Z." And this is probably exactly what the woman thinks. And the poor guy is thinking "I didn't think it was a big deal, you said it was OK not to be there because of...."

But that's not really what's going on at all. Woman blames the man. Stupid man accepts the excuse and kicks himself for a long time, thinking, "if only I had done this the relationship would still be perfect."

But....what's really going on is the woman had poor emotional coping skills for such a loss and needs to numb the pain in some way. For many woman, the best way to NUMB all the feelings that come with the lost and the best way to AVOID what they are feeling, and AVOID what they need to do grow as a person is to have an affair. So, you have 1 woman taking an easy out and 2 clueless men, 1 thinking he's in for some excitement and 1 thinking everything is fine. And both men are believing what the woman is telling them.

Women are so driven by their emotions and loss of a loved one, even someone a man may feel is not that close, can be a huge issue for a woman and the relationship.

Bottomline, if you want to be in a relationship with a woman and there is a death of any kind, go to red alert for a year, do what you can to be there for her and try and keep tabs on her as much as you can. If she says she wants to be alone, that might not be a good idea. And translate, translate, translate.

Good luck out there.

One more thing. My type of woman is the helpful, caretaker kind, ie, nurses, pharmacists, social workers. These types of woman are notorious for being UNABLE to address their own issues and in my opinion are most susceptible to this type of scenario.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly think the only reason a women will "stray" is poor character and that's it.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
I honestly think the only reason a women will "stray" is poor character and that's it.
You have much to learn.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i remember when my grandmother, who pratically raised me passed away, what almost 2 years ago, it's like my wife took it harder than i did. I mean it's not that i don't care, but i'm just not that type of person i don't get overly emotional i'm too pragmatic for that. it happened, she was good pepole, thanks grandma for the memories, see you when i see you, life goes on.

and she kept trying to "be there" for me and asking me if i wanted to talk about it and all this **** and eventually i just snaped and i was like babe shut the fvck up lol. we got into a pretty big fight over it and her whole point ended up being i would want you to be there for me if something like that happened, and i would, but you have to understand that im' not wired like you are i want to just move on / go on. i love the woman, but the best way i can honor her memory is to be the man she raised me to be on a daily basis, not cry about it.

my dad is the same way at her funeral it was actually realitivly light hearted and she could not understand

in another post someone said , i think samsade that most men just don't understand that women are wired totally different than men are. that's the same thing her. for a woman, this **** is a big deal. for a person who deals with emotions, you not being there for emotional support in a lost is tantamount to high treason. just becuase it's not a big deal to me doesn't mean it's not a big deal

in other words let me use this analogy. i have a 4 year old son. about 2 weeks ago my son storms through the door crying hysterically. like to the point where he can't even talk. and the more i tried to talk to him and his momma tried to talk to him he'd just cry more and run around the house and try to hide and **** and he was throwing a mini trantrum i had only seen him act like this once in my life. He wasn't being BAD he was very upset or mad at something. he just didn't know how to say it.

so i ask my wife hey babe WTF happened they were supposed to be at a birthday party for one of his friends and she doesn't know they were inside eating cake and **** doing kid stuff and then they went outside to play and everyone started getting into the pool (they had a swimming pool) and she tried to get him to change into his swimming trunks and he said no. joe doesn't say no. he knows better. she says get into them he says no. she tires to make him get into them he says leave her alone he doesn't wanna. so she basically forces him to change clothes and he's crying as it is and then she gets in the pool with him and he loses it.

see, i remember from the time i tried to take him tot eh gym with me and take him swimming he didnt' really want to get in the water in fact he didn't. he's (seemingly) petrified of water. i'm going to see if i can work with him on that i didn't know it was that serious. he just didnt' know how to come out and say he's scared of the water so instead he cried and he lashes out at his mom and at me ad everyone else who is making him try to get in the water.

that's what i am trying to say. Joe (my son) just beucase he can't say like i can I don't feel like getting in the water doesn't make his fear of water any less valid but that's he logic alot of men use on this site. just beucase a woman's brain isn't wired to rationalize and explain **** the way i can to you and make you understand it like you can make me understand something, doesn't' mean what they are feeling or are trying to say isn't logical or important.

in short, women's logic to you might not make sense but to them the feelings that they feel are making perfect sense and if you want the woman around you need to figure out what the **** it is she is feeling and address it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You weren't there with me at X's funeral so I felt Y and had an affair with Z." And this is probably exactly what the woman thinks. And the poor guy is thinking "I didn't think it was a big deal, you said it was OK not to be there because of...."

That's exactly what happened to me when my then-wife's father died. The plane tickets were $1,000 each, and I didn't think her mom should have to buy one for me as well. We agreed on that, and she never asked me to come or told me she wanted me there.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reminds me of this.

But seriously, if you don't want to go to a funeral for somebody close to your wife, should you really be married to her? I mean, do you really care about her at all? Now, I know this is avoiding the point, but it's still a question that needs to be asked.

Bottom line, I agree with SamtheHobit. If grief really does cause that type of action, well, to me, that's something that the woman must overcome. It's not an excuse to have an affair.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You weren't there with me at X's funeral so I felt Y and had an affair with Z."

Ehhhh... that sounds like an excuse to blame the victim in my opinion. Let's face it, every time a woman does something uncaring to a man, the woman will try to blame the man for it. That's just a standard relationship negotiating tactic, and I've used it against women on occasion (where it's quiet successful).

It's successful because it gives the victim a feeling that he or she is still in control of the situation ("If I hadn't done X she wouldn't have done Y.") Most men would rather believe that they screwed up and "caused" the woman to do wrong, rather than believe they have no control whatsoever and the woman could do it again on a whim at any time.

That's a terrifying feeling to have, and men are especially susceptible to it. Seems to me like the "You didn't support me when X happened therefore I did Y" is just another version of this.

MikeOck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what we call projection, a way for an individual to defend their ego by blaming others for their own indiscretions.

If your wife or girlfriend cheats, it is because she wants to cheat. PERIOD. Stop letting yourself be manipulated.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear bmp2,
"You weren't there with me at X's funeral so I felt Y and had an affair with Z." And this is probably exactly what the woman thinks. And the poor guy is thinking "I didn't think it was a big deal, you said it was OK not to be there because of...." Yeah this is an excellent example,the motive?...Punishment!...Oh and it extends to their Pussies too...Cats that is LOL.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Most men would rather believe that they screwed up and "caused" the woman to do wrong, rather than believe they have no control whatsoever and the woman could do it again on a whim at any time.
On the other hand, once you do accept that you have no control over her whims, it can be very freeing. Even though I'm in a 10 year LTR, I still make it a point to keep the "easy come, easy go", "women come and women go" attitude.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a major event occurs, it tends to be quickly followed by other similar major events. This includes finding a new mate. Any major event creates a heightened risk for other major events. Often one event triggers another event much like the old phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back".
Wow. My ex got accepted at university of arts last summer... left me after 1 month. Damn, she was so excited about it. This is some very nice perspective, damn.