Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A very sad day and a minutes silence please

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife informed me my hair is thinning at crown, and she is indeed right. Very slightly . I have medium length hair.

I kind of part it at the back and it shows the thinning worse, it’s only very slight at the mo. If I adopt a different style you can’t tell.

I’ve been somewhat upset by this but my wife seems completely uninterested and thinks I’m being a baby about it! I suppose at the end of the day, women don’t value men primarily for their beauty.

I won’t fight it with drugs, I’m going to own it.
the key, and hugely key thing now is to get in amazing shape. Bald + muscles is a great look. Bald and fat is middle age.

The other question is how long do I let it go before I buzz cut it. At the moment I can get away with it no probs, as long as I don’t slick it down you can’t tell.

I estimate that it will take me 12 months to get in superb shape, at which point my head shape will change and I won’t mind buzzing it.

So I am embracing this as the opportunity and impetus to block out everything else and go for the best shape I can get at 42 years old.

I am overweight but I’m not going to cut to skinny fat. I will have a long slow cut at 1-2lb per week so hopefully there will be a little muscle when I’m done.

Im hanging on to the fact there are a metric ton of guys in their 40s who are bald but still considered sexy and that women mostly value the man, his status, and a strong upper body and tall (6ft 1) is more important than a pretty boy haircut.

so off I go to some absolutely brutal gym based masculinity training and to hell with the locks.
this may be the wake up call I needed. I may look back and think starting to bald was the best thing which happened to me

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife informed me my hair is thinning at crown, and she is indeed right. Very slightly . I have medium length hair.
Any time a woman comments on a man's appearance, it's to manipulate feelings around body issues (which is mostly a female issue). Basically, she gave you a neg in order to lower your self esteem.

Or maybe she's turned on by bald guys.

As for the rest: I was balding in my mid-twenties and shaved it all off. Attraction from ladies went up immediately. If you're actually balding, own it. Just shave it all off, don't try to cover it up. Real masculinity is not affected by loss of hair.

The other question is how long do I let it go before I buzz cut it. At the moment I can get away with it no probs, as long as I don’t slick it down you can’t tell.
You can join the 'bald' group on Reddit, where men post selfies to ask other men's opinions whether they should shave it all off, or you can just decide for yourself when your balding is starting to annoy you enough to remove it all.
(You can look at when other dudes decide to shave their noggin, or you can realise that if you think about posting a selfie on r/bald, you've already arrived at the shaving point.)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have been bald for 2+ years now...my 26 year old GF thinks it's hot and that I look like a bad ass..most of my friends tell me I look like a drill sergeant hahaha

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been somewhat upset by this but my wife seems completely uninterested and thinks I’m being a baby about it! I suppose at the end of the day, women don’t value men primarily for their beauty
Chicks definitely aren't drenching their panties over any man who bemoans his lot in life out loud in their presence. That's a buzzkill on par with Richard Alan Davis crashing a slumber party full of 8 year olds

Last edited:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I kind of part it at the back and it shows the thinning worse, it’s only very slight at the mo. If I adopt a different style you can’t tell.

I’ve been somewhat upset by this but my wife seems completely uninterested and thinks I’m being a baby about it! I suppose at the end of the day, women don’t value men primarily for their beauty.

the key, and hugely key thing now is to get in amazing shape. Bald + muscles is a great look. Bald and fat is middle age.

I estimate that it will take me 12 months to get in superb shape, at which point my head shape will change and I won’t mind buzzing it.

So I am embracing this as the opportunity and impetus to block out everything else and go for the best shape I can get at 42 years old.

I am overweight but I’m not going to cut to skinny fat. I will have a long slow cut at 1-2lb per week so hopefully there will be a little muscle when I’m done.

Im hanging on to the fact there are a metric ton of guys in their 40s who are bald but still considered sexy and that women mostly value the man, his status, and a strong upper body and tall (6ft 1) is more important than a pretty boy haircut.

so off I go to some absolutely brutal gym based masculinity training and to hell with the locks.
this may be the wake up call I needed. I may look back and think starting to bald was the best thing which happened to me
Sideburn taper, 1 or 2 fade a quarter up, blend it, keep the top. See that goes for six months assuming you don’t have long hair. Meanwhile I am about to go deadlift, squat and maybe throw in arms. You maintain the hair and maintain the torso and you are covered my man. And trim up a Touch if you need to Also work on your facial hydration game. Make sure you’re washing toning and lotion. Hit that retinol

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When I saw the title of this post on the main page I thought perhaps something bad happened, like someone close to you died, not that the Norwood Reaper came to collect.

My wife is a hairstylist. Imagine how she has closely monitored my ever-receding and hairline and balding crown while cutting my hair. Lol.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like this has thrown your confidence into a place that you want to immediately get out of, which isn't good.

I would shave it now, start entering that mindset now... Commit, if your really gonna commit to the work out and diet to meet that goal why not?

It just sounds like this is a hold out.

Hopefully your taking this well, it's not the big deal your making it

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could just minoxidil/finasteride it. I'm taking at least 1 compound that is harsh on the hairline and noticed some balding, so I did some topical minox/finas and it stopped (or significantly slowed) the hair loss. It's really not a big deal.

I don't personally mind shaving my head, but I already look like a neo nazi; shaving my head would not help that image.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My first husband does the military buzz cut. His hair was already thinning when we got married. He was sexy anyway so I really didn't care. He was PitBull for Halloween a few years back, he pulled it off very very well, but had never fully shaved his head until then.

He also does balance with a goatee, which he keeps trimmed to about 3 day growth length.

My son at 21 looks like the hair loss is already started. He's doing minoxidil but you do have to be careful because exposure to a pregnant woman can cause birth defects. My first husband quit using Rogaine to be careful about that when we were busy having children.

That is gonna be a tough give up for my poor boy.

The Ditchman is correct. You gotta just flat out own it at some point. At least you are already married and your attractive wife loves you regardless of this less than hairy development.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My first husband does the military buzz cut. His hair was already thinning when we got married. He was sexy anyway so I really didn't care. He was PitBull for Halloween a few years back, he pulled it off very very well, but had never fully shaved his head until then.

He also does balance with a goatee, which he keeps trimmed to about 3 day growth length.

My son at 21 looks like the hair loss is already started. He's doing minoxidil but you do have to be careful because exposure to a pregnant woman can cause birth defects. My first husband quit using Rogaine to be careful about that when we were busy having children.

That is gonna be a tough give up for my poor boy.

The Ditchman is correct. You gotta just flat out own it at some point. At least you are already married and your attractive wife loves you regardless of this less than hairy development.
Is your son taking Minoxidil oral or topical?
I highly advise topical if not already doing so. It blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT - effectively making one Low T. If doing this topically versus orally, the affect is localized only to the area applied, versus systemically (skeletal muscle, etc.).

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your son taking Minoxidil oral or topical?
I highly advise topical if not already doing so. It blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT - effectively making one Low T. If doing this topically versus orally, the affect is localized only to the area applied, versus systemically (skeletal muscle, etc.).
Son is doing topical as far as I know. I'll ask him though. Will chat with him later today. Thank you for that.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I got you brother. This works and I use it myself.

iRestore Essential Laser Hair Growth System - FDA Cleared Hair Loss Treatment

I also use topical dutasteride since topical finasteride stopped being as effective as it has been over the past few years. Here's the one I use.

Both have helped re-grow my hair, but you have to start the process now. The irestore is 25 minutes every other day. The dutasteride is once a day. I didn't take the oral route since it has side effects.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's your own hair, not wigs and/or hair plugs.

Often bald is better than the alternative.
View attachment 12521
Yeah, I think toupees or wigs are absurd, but there are lots both drug and non-drug treatments, such as microneedling.

And yeah, Trump is a terrible example. But there are tons of men who some kind of treatment and no one even knows about it. I bet the majority of celebs over 40 have had something done and it's usually not obvious. The best way to prevent hairloss is more prophylactic than it is reactionary though.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I think toupees or wigs are absurd, but there are lots both drug and non-drug treatments, such as microneedling.
I think it's considered 'normal' in the US to do that, but in most parts of Europe 'preventing hair loss' is often seen as a desperate attempt to hang on to youthful looks. Most European men who are balding just ignore it or shave it, unless they are vain (celebrities).