A tip about Position from my book

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
This tip relates to the way women see you in relation to where you stand and what you do in a night club.

Everyone in a night club or other social setting is in fact a customer. What you are selling, or what they are buying is your social skills. They are buying into believing that you are a cool, likable, easy going person. The more people in social gathering you can get to like you, the easier it will be to get the target to like you.

As you sell yourself to other people, you simultaneously sell yourself to her, even if you haven’t seen or decided who “her” is. If you are following the above advice, you can bet that she is noticing.

As good practice, I advise to treat the entire social setting as your own store. You are the product, and every other person there is a customer. Make it your responsibility to greet every customer. This will build social skills and social proof at the same time. One simple method you could use in a club would be to walk around the place and "check on" your customers.

"Is everyone enjoying themselves tonight?"

“Great, is this your first time in the club?”

If they say “Yes,” say “Welcome back, when were you in last?” Shut up, observe and mirror.

If they say “No,” say, “Welcome, great to have you. Enjoy yourselves.”

Implying that you have some official purpose for walking around and talking to people will give you status. People will wonder, “He must be one of the owners or something.”

If anyone asks you if you work there, you could reply with something like, “I help out with public relations, make sure everyone is having a good time.”

This is actually a true statement. You never said you get paid for it. Being a little vague will create suspense and mystery. To the group you will be seen as someone important. To anyone else watching, it will seem that you have a lot of friends.

Last edited:

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine a guy named Dong, walking a around the club, like a sketch ball, who "helps out with public relations" asking everyone if it's their first time in the club... tell me you are joking please.

BUT I liked how you said that treat the club as a marketplace where the females are your customers and you have to just "sell yourself" in a way. That's a GOOD way to look at it. But the second part of your post...

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
I imagine a guy named Dong, walking a around the club, like a sketch ball, who "helps out with public relations" asking everyone if it's their first time in the club... tell me you are joking please.
:crackup: Your funny. But hey, I just noticed your only 20. Have you ever even been in a club. :cry:

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have I been to a club, yea :)

Thx for asking bro. But I'm a little concerned for the guys that HAVEN't been to one that will take that advice seriously.

Like I said, your "mindset" is good advice, and I learned something from it. But this technique won't fly at least in places where I've been. It's just rediculous that's it.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
Have I been to a club, yea :)

Thx for asking bro. But I'm a little concerned for the guys that HAVEN't been to one that will take that advice seriously.

Like I said, your "mindset" is good advice, and I learned something from it. But this technique won't fly at least in places where I've been. It's just rediculous that's it.
I'm pretty sure he was just joking with that advice, sorta like Drbeard.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Let me ask you guys:

1. Have you ever been in a club and had one of the owners/investors come to your table and introduce himself?

2. If yes, were you happy to meet him?

3. Were the women in your group interested in him, offended, or neutral?

In my experience, I have noticed that someone official from the club will often mingle around with different groups of people. I have also noticed that this person is always well received by the groups he approaches. Why? Because he either owns the place or he has a purpose for talking to the customers. He has a right to approach and talk to his customers. He doesn't need permission. And this guy usually has an HB or 2 hanging around him.

You need to think this way when you are in a club: "I own this place."

You are an investor. You have your time invested, and you have a purpose for talking to people. It is time to collect on your returns.

If someone asks you if you work there say, "Let's just say I'm invested in this place" and leave it at that.

I have played this game a number of times, and I am telling you it works if you have the balls to pull it off.

So am I joking? Well, Dongfu is usually joking, but what would be the harm in trying this technique. What is the harm in putting your social to the maximum test by approaching as many people in the club as you can?

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^
I'm not questioning if that would work, but a true DJ wouldn't have to resort to that big of a lie. Read the DJ bible.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be funny if you said that and little did you know it was the owner you were talking to.

yep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually the guys right. Doing this will increase your social status, and you will probably get a arm as you walk away by a interesting girl. Also later on the women will find it charming that you could think of a way to "come and meet her" as she would put it by saying u were public relations...and not actually lie about it.

Also..if you went around for 5 minutes doing this and with this mindset your body language and charisma would project amazingly.

This is great advice for newbies who need to get over the fear of approaching new people.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
KillaPetehog said:
I hate promoters.

There's nothing you can offer that the DJ Bible doesn't have already.
I agree, but:

1. I'm not promoting anything. I give the book away for free. It's in my sig.

2. If the DJ bible has everything already, which I'm not saying it doesn't, then why should anyone post advice ever again? The response to every question posted here should just be one reply, "refer to bible page . . . . " Things change and evolve, new ideas emerge. Some are valid, some are not. It's okay if you don't like the idea. Maybe someone else will.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
one dong to rule them all...:)
Sometimes I sign my posts that way :)

Another corny one is "In the end there can be only Juan"

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like some pretty sound advice IMO. Guys, instead of sitting there ****ting on this guys post, why dont you take your asses out once in awhile and try this, 'cos until you try it, you cant say ****, so dont.

Ben, Peace out.

SLY

Don Juan
Reaction score
That opener doesn't seeem like it would grab anybody's attention. Kind of plain and boring if ya ask me.

Good effort though.