Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

a thought - a hot girl that's not right for you will make you miserable...

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a hot girl is unfortunately a human being. a human being with desires and plans and ambitions of her own.

if you cannot fulfill those dreams for her (though you might imagine she would fulfill yours), your world will be a living hell. where you will ever only feel bad about yourself, she will contribute to that, you will feel incompetent and impotent and your self esteem will whither to nothing. i can imagine few things as loathesome as being a "disappointment" to your woman... ugh... that'll haunt your dreams....

my point here is that maybe not everyone CAN BE AN ALPHA.

there are those that can go out and be generals and football jocks and ceos. but for every steve jobs, there is a steve wozniak (i don't think jobs is all that alpha but i needed a quick example... you get the idea).

if you are NOT an alpha and you are placed in the lime light of the alpha, if you are forced to be the talking head of a company, you will hate and resent your job and your life.

where you might have been perfectly happy tinkering away in your world with numbers or gadgets or whatever and not having to shake hands and be a mover and a shaker and all that.

EVEN STILL, there is a girl for that person that he will be attracted to. if he seeks the girl of an alpha, she will have expectations of a him (her man) that he cannot and probably have no interest in fulfilling. just like a job, the woman has to FIT the man. you may never get the cheerleader... and if you got her, you might commit suicide. but there might be a cute girl with glasses and braces who you NONETHELESS find attractive... or a goth girl who cuts herself... or hey, maybe even a hot chick with poor self esteem or something.

and perhaps it is a mistake to try to shoe horn every man into one mold (alpha).

dj training is VALUABLE in that there are certain things every man should do - ping, get out there, and TAKE THE INITIATIVE and MAKE A MOVE (before, i always used to wait for them to make the move), that i actually have to make an effort to BE ATTRACTIVE to women (honestly, it never occurred to me!!! i only ever considered whether i was interested!!!), dressing grooming working out self respect... all good stuff.

these basic lessons are gold.

but you may still never become alpha. and i think that maybe the goal of "alpha" being the end all be all of manhood... that may not be right.

i used to believe this, i stopped believing it, but now, i think i believe it again: alpha is not better... it is different. i never really envied the jocks in high school... i had my own thing (i really was part of the AV SQUAD [hahaha] and i LOVED it). and there were girls who were not super models that i found attractive and some even LIKED ME TOO (!!!) even when i was at my most afc... but alas, i was so afc i hadn't a clue on what to do about it.

anyhoo, just a thought i was having after reading an article that talked about this very subject (about alphas, betas, etc in careers) in a psych magazine.

also, i know a friend who has a very attractive wife who is what would consider a cool chick... she likes anime, kung fu movies and she likes to stay home and play video games with her hubbie! she's not judging her man for not always being a gogetter or having it all together or whatever... they're working it out together and she's cool with that. he totally struck gold. and she's not a fatty or ugly or etc.... i just gotta find me a girl like that.

delta

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the title of this thread. Just because a girl is hot does NOT mean she will make you happy. Hotness = social status, which might bring you limited INDIRECT happiness. But when it comes to her directly providing you happiness, it's all about her personality.

I think every man should aspire to be the best man they can be.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha... i love your handle.

i agree - every man should be the best he can be. but i think that the highest goal is not alpha. alpha is one way to be. not necessarily the best way to be.

delta

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you that having a hot babe in its self will not bring you any happiness if her ambitions and desires in life don't match up with yours.
Somehow you need to find a way to become an AlphaMale though, if you can't your end will be in a prison cell or at the end of a rope and probably both.
How can a guy always look upon other AlphaMales with hot babes all over them and not having it themselves, not eventually snap. :yes:

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hot girls were never long term relationship material for me. usually the 10 out of 10 girls only lasted for about 5 months then their beauty wore off. when you wake up beside these girl without make-up, you think and wonder who is that?

sure they are arm candy and people think wow she is so hot and you just roll your eyes and think what do they see in her? i can't stand her and i'm looking for a way out.

intially the 10's are wonderful to date in the beginning but like i said the novelty wears off.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KoalaKing said:
Somehow you need to find a way to become an AlphaMale though, if you can't your end will be in a prison cell or at the end of a rope and probably both.
or become the richest man in the world. i think it's a sosuave cliche - go alpha or go home... but bill gates, plenty of writers and artists of all stripes are definitely NOT alpha and yet have successful lives.

remember, most of the people who come here are not losers at life. they are usually fine in every area except one.

this is my argument - maybe not everyone is cut out to be an alpha and neither would it be good for them to try.

speaking as an RAFC, if i could have one good woman that i was genuinely attracted to (and not having "settled"), i would not at all envy men who have ten hot women hanging all over them 24/7. like a lotto ticket, i just need one winner.

insanity,

that may be the case but i'm actually being much more generous. even if the hot chicks were wonderful human beings, if they had expectations and maintenance requirements higher than you could provide, you would be miserable in the end.

girl_in_a_boy_forum,

thanks. but it's not an excuse. be hot. now. i command you. and be nice to geeks.

:)

delta

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with everything you've stated but I noticed a lot of guys on these forums seem to not only try to change their behavior to better attract women, they seem to redefine what they want in their own lives and women to better fit some bizarre image written in an online forum.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maaaan this is such a basic lesson... HBs are plentiful... HBs with compatible personalities are less so... how you can be with a girl who's personality doesn't sit right with yours is beyond me...

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess a more pointed title to this thread should have been:

not everyone is alpha and not everyone should try. trying to be alpha when you're not will make you miserable. to each his own. GO ALPHA OR GO HOME IS WRONG.

bill gates is not alpha but look at him.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
Alpha is misused word on this forum lately.. and a lot of guys don't get it. They want and try to be alpha, just because said they must be in order to get the hot women. The fake the desire to be alpha, just because all the other 'successfull' DJs are. Just forget about the definition of alpha.. for me alpha is just a state of mind. There is not one alpha in the group.. this is not the animal kingdom, like with the packleader of wolves etc.

Be a Man, and go after what you desire and think it's right for you. Live up to your true potential! Don't be afraid to say and do what you think it's the right thing.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
my point here is that maybe not everyone CAN BE AN ALPHA.
delta
Right. Simply because to be first, someone has to be last.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
right...

but again, here's the thing, BILL GATES is not alpha. so omegas have a pretty big middle finger to wave!

delta

thirtyplus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
a hot girl is unfortunately a human being.
delta
WOAH. STOP RIGHT THERE BUDDY.

Would you prefer your "hot girls" be animals? plants? minerals?

I know you probably didn't mean it this way. Just be careful with your writing. This is the type of **** that gives women ammo to cry "misogynist!" and so forth.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Dominant behavior" is different in different parts of society. You say Bill Gates isn't alpha but you try sitting across from him in a boardroom. He's notorious for blowing up on stupid people(not calling anyone stupid, just saying he can be aggressive) and getting what he wants. You don't pathfind and dominate an extremely competitive industry by being "omega" or "beta". Gates dropped out of college and took a huge risk to chase a dream.

You need to broaden your definition of alpha male. Not everyone can be "alpha" in the way you judge alphaness to be. In World of Warcraft the level infinity Black Mage is the alpha male, in a street gang the hardest guy is alpha. Its not cut and dry like it is in the animal kingdom. You should work to be the best in what you value. WoW, art, business, whatever. Most people have a special skill, talent or something to be passionate about.

Any girl, hot or not, that isn't right for you will make you miserable. The level infinity Black Mage wouldn't get along with a HB3 that wanted a crack dealer boyfriend.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thirtyplus said:
WOAH. STOP RIGHT THERE BUDDY.

Would you prefer your "hot girls" be animals? plants? minerals?

I know you probably didn't mean it this way. Just be careful with your writing. This is the type of **** that gives women ammo to cry "misogynist!" and so forth.
haha... i didn't realize the feminist police were here! excuse me officer....

what i mean is this and you might not like it: i want women to be sex objects to fvck and who will be slinky and sexy and svck me off any time i want and prance around in lingerie and will be into pretty much what i want when i want. and at other times to simply be soft and warm and as affable and affectionate and malleable as a pet.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN.

but my point is - THIS IS THE FANTASY. when we who are deprived desperately crave women and a relationship, THIS is the thing that makes that craving so dire.

BUT MY POINT IS - UNFORTUNATELY, they are indeed human. they are willful and have plans and goal of their own other than getting ready to be fvcked by you. they are difficult and as contentious (if not more) than any other relationship and the REALITY of women comes with a lot of baggage. they will judge you and try to change you and consider you never good enough.

THIS * IS * WHAT * I * MEAN.

and there is nothing wrong with that.

delta

p.s. if you wanna talk about misogyny... errr... have you seen my sign off quotes?!

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Celadus said:
"Dominant behavior" is different in different parts of society. You say Bill Gates isn't alpha but you try sitting across from him in a boardroom. He's notorious for blowing up on stupid people(not calling anyone stupid, just saying he can be aggressive) and getting what he wants. You don't pathfind and dominate an extremely competitive industry by being "omega" or "beta".
alpha and these other terms i apply (and SHOULD APPLY) to social status as it relates to GETTING WOMEN.

before the boardrooms and stuff, gates ALREADY MADE HIS FORTUNE and most people will not say no to their millionaire boss. sure, hitech commands a lot of attention and money now but you MUST REMEMBER - the field was built by CARD CARRYING GEEKS. heck, there's even a problem now in silicon valley because of the disproportionate amount of AUTISTIC CHILDREN being born to tech folks who were probably near-autistic themselves!

there's a difference between ALPHA and COMPETENCE... EVEN EXPERTISE.

does it make any kind of meaningful sense to say that the best chess player in chess club is in any way alpha?

does it make any kind of meaninful sense to say that the best math student in calculus class is in any way alpha?

there are PLENTY of people who are EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL but they are NOT alpha as that term is used here on these boards. you CAN be a millionaire/billionaire and be BETA and OMEGA and A * F * C . being ALPHA and being SUCCESSFUL has very little in common.

i am good at what i do and am successful in pretty much all aspects of life... EXCEPT FOR WOMEN.

it sounds like you want to make our alpha/beta/etc. category such that someone needs to be alpha to be successful at life. i have ALWAYS REFUTED THIS NOTION.

this is not true.

you only need to be alpha with certain kinds of chicks.

delta

p.s. alpha DOES apply the same way in the way sosuave means it as it does in the animal world. other kinds of dominance as in EXPERTISE in the numerous human fields of endeavor and study does not result in attracting females... which is VERY PRIMAL, VERY BASIC, VERY ANIMAL.