A thin Line between Negging and Insults

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been using negs all my life, of course I didnt realize it until guys like mystery and style told me so. Negging is perhaps the most affective way to create interest and superiority against a person. It's arguably the best tool in a PUA's toolbelt.

However, there is a dark and dirty side called the insult. I like to think of Insults as negs you cannot recover from. Insults can kill your game in an instant. There is a thin line between a neg and an insult. If you are not careful, you negs may caused hatred/resentment instead of attraction. I'll give some examples here's that happened to this weekend:

Me: Damn girl if you keep rubbing your back on me, I'm going to have to charge you.
HB7: hehe... hi.
me: hey there... You know this doesnt come free.
HB7: oh yeah <sexy smile>
me: you know something, you have a C-shape smile
HB7: huh
me: <explains the whole c-shape vs u-shape bit>
hb7: ohh haha <starts to get bored>, <sings lyrics and dances in front of me>
me: You're cute, but beauty common what else do you have to offer?
girl: hmmm. welll..
me: <cutoff because I feel like I'm lacking Negs> for me a women has to have 3 things. Personality, Outlook, and style (should have said energy)
me: You have two out of three its not too bad.
girl: :O huh lol. <starts touching me> so what am I missing?
me: Style. <realizes what a huge mistake that was by the look on her face but end up doing a poor save>
ME: <nervously> so you have no style but what else do you have going for you?
girl: <Leaves angry!>

Another example. I have been negging one of my LTR quite a while about her math skills and intelligence and at first she found it playful but a few days ago she just broke down in anger. "Why do you always imply I'm stupid! I hate your the fking little game you play". Lets just say I have learned more from these two experiences than months of reading articles. I realized my Negs needed work!

So I decided to device rules for myself about effective negging and how to avoid its evil brother.

1. Always smile when you neg! I cannot emphasize this enough although its quite obvious.
2. The best Negs are accompanied by compliments. Compliment followed by a neg.
3. Never neg about things that mean a lot to that person. For example negging her about her women's group may cause resentment on her side.
4. Do not neg about the same thing more than twice! Actually, One should be enough.
5. Keep it simple. Your negs should be about your lack of interest not about their weaknesses.
6. Let your gut and her facial expressions be your guide.

I'm sure most of you are already expert neggers but I wished I had these rules with me prior to this weekend ;) Hope this helps.

DJ Raul

Last edited:

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha

thats exactly from Mystery Method.....I seen on youtube.

Do you read his material?

I think with that one chick you negged her more than once about her stupidity. Bad move and I see your trying to improve it.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha yeah man, stay FAR away from using ANY material that has been posted up....

This whole world is now filled with guys saying crap like...

"Introduce me to your friends, its the polite thing to do"

or

"I never bothered to ask, until this moment"

or of course

"But, beauty is very common"

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
moto said:
haha

thats exactly from Mystery Method.....I seen on youtube.

Do you read his material?

I think with that one chick you negged her more than once about her stupidity. Bad move and I see your trying to improve it.
I havent read his material but I read the book "the game" and got some nice lines out of it :)

I do not believe in pickup lines myself but when nothing original comes to mind, its great to have one to three canned lines. Natural conversation is filled with canned lines "how are you", "no way", "Oh my god", "so what do you do for a living". PUA canned lines are much less in use and may come off better even if the target has heard them before.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonRaul said:
Me: Damn girl if you keep rubbing your back on me, I'm going to have to charge you.
me: <cutoff because I feel like I'm lacking Negs> for me a women has to have 3 things. Personality, Outlook, and style (should have said energy)
me: Style. <realizes what a huge mistake that was by the look on her face but end up doing a poor save>
LOL! Dude, I feel your pain. That sounds like something I'd do. That's why I hate canned material.

DonRaul said:
I like the neg disguised as a compliment. I was seeing this girl awhile back, and she asked what I thought of her myspace pictures, and I told her, "Yeah, I really liked most of them." And she said, "Which ones didn't you like?" and got all self conscious. Despite the fact that I had paid her a compliment at face value, all she heard was the negative and it gave me the power.

Sublety can be a great thing if used properly.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
In your example most of your lines were ****y, not negs. The ****y stuff worked, but when you actually did neg you lost her. I don't think negs are not a good idea nor effective. I've rarely if ever seen them work for me or anyone else i know that tried them. Unless it's just made in an obvious teasing, joking way it's almost impossibile to neg a girl and her not get insulted/upset/ turned off by it. It's a rare girl that will respond positively to being negged.

About the only neg that works is giving her a neg in regard to your interest level in her. So that part I agree with you. But that's more about being a challenge, mystery and teasing her a little. I don't even like the words "neg" and "C+F". I like to think of negs as disqualifiers or IOD's (Indicator of disinterest) and ****y and funny as confident and funny. The first terms mindset seems to be come off as a a-hole jerk and the second sets up a mindset of be confident and a challenge.

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Negging and Teasing are the same to me. Insults are the evil thing here. IODs with a smile and wink ;) can make a person that couldnt care less about you all of sudden think your interesting. Of course the whole ****y funny school of thought is really the basis. I mean teasing and Negging would only imply you are ****y and funny.

It all boils down to flirting. Negs imply "I can have you If I wanted you but I dont for now". As she tries to get back at you for the negs, she herself becomes invested in you. She now has to try and show you why you and everyone else should want her.

I'll give you one example that happen just yerterday.

<Girl standing next to a electricity pole>
Me: Hey
Girl: Hi
Me: <Pick up a number from the pole of someone advertising work at home to ilegal immigrants>
Me: So you're trying to get a job but you dont want anyone to notice ;)
Girl: haha
Me: heheh Its alright I wont tell anyone <Slip number in her pocket>
Girl: <laughing> haha you ass.... :)
Me: So I havent seen you around lately, we've missed you
//<she usually goes to that bar so I kind of know her>
Girl: <all eyes on me> Yeah I have been really busy. I'm also applying for Law School and blah blah blah.....//trying to impress me
Me: Oh Nice. <a lot of kino as she talks>
Girl: Yeah so where you going ?
Me: Another bar..
Girl: <Sad> ohhh <puppy face>
Me: <to my friends> alright guys lets go. <Grab her back squeesing> You coming with me right?
Girl: I wish I could but my friends are celebrating something something (I forget what she said ) and they dont want to leave
Me: Ok see next time, <big hug and a kiss>...

As we walk away she stands there staring.... I look back about from a block away and she still looking and waves.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had so many bad experiences of women who just chewed me out because I didn't know how to neg. I remember one of my interactions ended like this:

HB8: I SWEAR YOU'RE SO FVCKING ANNOYING, DON'T FVCKING TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN UNLESS YOU CAN STOP ASSUMING SH1T!
Me: Oh, okay, bye....

And I just walked away wanting to disappear from the face of the planet. Though it was actually a pretty valuable experience for me later on because it has helped me calibrate and refine my game.

I don't remember much of what I said in the interaction because I tried so hard forgetting about it, but I do remember not doing these things:

Never complimented her.

3. Never neg about things that mean a lot to that person. For example negging her about her women's group may cause resentment on her side.

Was negging her about her hometown, which meant a lot to her.

4. Do not neg about the same thing more than twice! Actually, One should be enough.

I did this three times.

5. Keep it simple. Your negs should be about your lack of interest not about their weaknesses.

Definitely didn't do that.

cyp6

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude cool people dont need to neg chicks hard core like that all the time. negging is actully bad in the long run.. instead of bringing chicks down to your level using negs, you should be possitive and bring chicks up to your level this is assuming you have tramendous amount of confidence about who you are.

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
cyp6 said:
dude cool people dont need to neg chicks hard core like that all the time. negging is actully bad in the long run.. instead of bringing chicks down to your level using negs, you should be possitive and bring chicks up to your level this is assuming you have tramendous amount of confidence about who you are.
Sorry to tell you but if you are approaching a women, then she has the power and you know what that means? She is automatically in a higher level. You are seeking her! Not the other way around. If you hype her up more it will only make you look like weak person who tries too hard.

The Neg is a beautiful thing because it tells her right of the bat "I am at a higher level, but I came here because it looked like a good experience, now impress me before I leave". All of that with just a few words, its magical.

Last edited:

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
Yeah, I've had so many bad experiences of women who just chewed me out because I didn't know how to neg. I remember one of my interactions ended like this:

HB8: I SWEAR YOU'RE SO FVCKING ANNOYING, DON'T FVCKING TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN UNLESS YOU CAN STOP ASSUMING SH1T!
Me: Oh, okay, bye....

And I just walked away wanting to disappear from the face of the planet. Though it was actually a pretty valuable experience for me later on because it has helped me calibrate and refine my game.

I don't remember much of what I said in the interaction because I tried so hard forgetting about it, but I do remember not doing these things:
haha, yeah it can get ugly. I definitely feel your pain. What you said about it helping you calibrate is exactly how I feel, actually thats what the thread is all about :)

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negs Are Just To Remove Yourself As A Jag Trying To Pick Her Up Its Active Disinterest

C& F Is A Way In Which U Are The Prize An She Is Not At Your Level.

Back Handed Compliments Are Used To Confuse And Get A Reaction

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is almost always a dumb idea because most of the people who try to do it are complete f*cking idiots.

SOSUAVE GUY: Hey, how you doin?
HB 8.431: Oh, well, I'm okay I guess.
SOSUAVE GUY: Really? You look like maybe you just crawled out of bed.
HB 8.431: I didn't.
SOSUAVE GUY: You sure have got some big feet.
HB 8.431: Um...
SOSUAVE GUY: Nice purse. Is that your grandmother's?
HB 8.431: Actually, my grandmother just died last weekend. (starts crying)
SOSUAVE GUY: Holy sh*t, when you cry and your mascara runs, you look like that one girl on Heroes that cries oil.
HB 8.431: (sobbing) Why are you being so mean?
SOSUAVE GUY: So, like, when do you want me to stick my penis in you?
HB 8.431: I never want to see you again!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonRaul said:
I have been using negs all my life, of course I didnt realize it until guys like mystery and style told me so. Negging is perhaps the most affective way to create interest and superiority against a person. It's arguably the best tool in a PUA's toolbelt.

However, there is a dark and dirty side called the insult. I like to think of Insults as negs you cannot recover from. Insults can kill your game in an instant. There is a thin line between a neg and an insult. If you are not careful, you negs may caused hatred/resentment instead of attraction. I'll give some examples here's that happened to this weekend:

Another example. I have been negging one of my LTR quite a while about her math skills and intelligence and at first she found it playful but a few days ago she just broke down in anger. "Why do you always imply I'm stupid! I hate your the fking little game you play". Lets just say I have learned more from these two experiences than months of reading articles. I realized my Negs needed work!

So I decided to device rules for myself about effective negging and how to avoid its evil brother.

1. Always smile when you neg! I cannot emphasize this enough although its quite obvious.
6. Let your gut and her facial expressions be your guide.

I'm sure most of you are already expert neggers but I wished I had these rules with me prior to this weekend ;) Hope this helps.

DJ Raul
your stacking your NEGS too much...NEGS should only be used sparingly...and with HB9s or big tittied wh0res.

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
your stacking your NEGS too much...NEGS should only be used sparingly...and with HB9s or big tittied wh0res.
I disagree. I think it should be used on anyone as long as its not hurtful. Playful teasing .

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonRaul said:
I disagree. I think it should be used on anyone as long as its not hurtful. Playful teasing .
How's that working out for you, champ?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
Negging is almost always a dumb idea because most of the people who try to do it are complete f*cking idiots.

SOSUAVE GUY: Hey, how you doin?
HB 8.431: Oh, well, I'm okay I guess.
SOSUAVE GUY: Really? You look like maybe you just crawled out of bed.
HB 8.431: I didn't.
SOSUAVE GUY: You sure have got some big feet.
HB 8.431: Um...
SOSUAVE GUY: Nice purse. Is that your grandmother's?
HB 8.431: Actually, my grandmother just died last weekend. (starts crying)
SOSUAVE GUY: Holy sh*t, when you cry and your mascara runs, you look like that one girl on Heroes that cries oil.
HB 8.431: (sobbing) Why are you being so mean?
SOSUAVE GUY: So, like, when do you want me to stick my penis in you?
HB 8.431: I never want to see you again!
:crackup:

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
Well after learning some lessons (the ones I described here) its going great! I do it on men too and it works amazingly well.

When I Neg someone, they immediately want approval from me. Its like my opinion just became more important than everyone else. I did it to my boss last week and although I was scared sh*tless, if worked like a charm.

Furthermore, there is a book on influence (the name escapes me) that I read which had this really powerful idea. If you say something jokingly and then take it away, it stays with the person and the comment becomes real. If I imply I am better than someone and then say "just kidding" or "I'm only teasing" then Its like injecting a thought into someones brain. The key here is indirection. Really powerful sh*t. The same technique is one of the laws of power in the book "the 48 laws of power".

I think NEG is probably used for too many techniques and therefore creates a convoluted view of what the technique really is. Perhaps a lot of the stuff I'm talking about need their own witty name.

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
I just realized this was Neg and then I felt I needed approval from you somehow. Funny how I realized that after I wrote my last comment.