Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A road fling reunion...How to handle this???

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to be reunited with a fling, what would you do...

I'm a traveling musician, and had this fling with a traveling model. We only had a month to date before she was to leave. We dated for two weeks, and I had an AFC relapse and let my emotional control slip. I foolishly had tried to rush things as I really got caught up in her beauty and knew I had little time. My mistake, I've learned from it and now it's been fixed.

She broke it off after those two weeks, the night after almost having sex. She has a boyfriend back home and claims the guilt was too much for her.

She had said she won't come to my club anymore. One week later, some of her friends come in, and I discover she's waiting for them downstairs almost 45 minutes. Later, I pull her up on MSN and say this isn't necessary, I don't care anymore, don't dodge the club for my sake. I've already been dating someone else and that we can act like adults about this.

She comes in a few days later, and I take her home and **** her like mad for about two hours. So I'm her second EVER and first ever to have cheated on her bf, despite her infinite opportunities. Quote just before sex: "Now you see why I haven't been coming to the club?" So my indifference won her back bigtime.

But then on her last week, post-sex, she avoids me again, passing on a dinner offer and another night together. And I really had to go out of my way to say goodbye on her last night, which I realize came off AFC. She showed no emotion, but says that she will miss "this" meaning us I gather.

So she's gone home, and we've been having a Mexican standoff on MSN for 3 weeks, where both of us see each other online but neither will initiate chat. I figure she has to do it first if there's any IL remaining...so at least I keep some dignity.

So if we are geographically separated, what's the point you ask???

The trick is that I just found out coincidentally that both of our next jobs will be in the same country and city again. We'll have three months there. She's not aware of this yet, and it's inevitable she'll see me at the new club. I won't chase her all over the Internet, I sense it would erode my chances later if I don't get some distance now. It worked before!

I can keep the emotions out this time, and can handle this in a DJ manner if I get another spin at it. I WILL have control next time around. My plan is to keep the stalemate on MSN unless SHE initiates, and go for the surprise/nostalgia ticket when we run into each other there.

I CAN just drop her, as I have been dating again here, but I know she will engage me in some capacity when we get there. I would like another go at her, even if it's all physical. If it becomes something more later, great but I don't feel I need it anymore and can let things be natural. What would you do?

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do whatever

doesn't matter, it's just one chick who already has a boyfriend, anyway

don't NEXT her, but don't focus so much on her either

you could also IM her on MSN, saying "gee you're like a little girl who won't talk to a guy because you're too nervous around him. what is this, a mexican standoff?" or something

remember, your dignity is ingrained in you - ifyou IM her because you felt like it, and she blows you off, that's MORE dignified than NOT IM'ing her and having nothing happen

dignity comes from doing what you want to do, regardless of what SHE might do

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a traveling musician, and had this fling with a traveling model.
nice one.. sounds like u'd do very well..

We dated for two weeks, and I had an AFC relapse and let my emotional control slip. I foolishly had tried to rush things as I really got caught up in her beauty and knew I had little time. My mistake, I've learned from it and now it's been fixed.

have you?

But then on her last week, post-sex, she avoids me again, passing on a dinner offer and another night together. And I really had to go out of my way to say goodbye on her last night, which I realize came off AFC.
thats why i ask..

I CAN just drop her, as I have been dating again here, but I know she will engage me in some capacity when we get there. I would like another go at her, even if it's all physical. If it becomes something more later, great but I don't feel I need it anymore and can let things be natural. What would you do?
thats the bit that confuses me..
it sounds asthough you're doing REALLY well.. banging a model.. top stuff.. but the problem to me is, you emotionally care about the model, who, at the end of the day, is just some hot attention ***** - cheating on her boyfriend..
and for all you know, your the 10th first ever to have cheated on her bf, despite her infinite opportunities.
its hard to offer advice like, "NEXT" because u don't really appear to be looking for a relationship..

so i guess, if the oppurtunity comes up, hit it again, but don't pay too much mind to this attention *****, and keep your emotions out of it.

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear I learned my lesson. I had no contact in the couple of days between the sex and the dinner offer. We had some really passionate sex for a LONG time that night, so I imagined that a dinner and a night together before she left wasn't a stretch. Whatever made her flee was completely on her end. Mostly likely, if she felt guilty before the sex, you know she did after. Not to make excuses for her, but based on her first temporary disappearance and why she said she did it, she may have been avoiding the temptation again. Anyway, I pursued my offer a bit since I was expecting it to happen, but no luck. I did stop by her house once after one call, and after showing me her new lingerie we made out a bit.

The goodbye seemed AFC just by comparison to her sudden aloofness. It was clear I cared about her, which under the circumstances of what was possibly a final goodbye shouldn't have been so bad. Her body language though had gone cold. This was the final impression I left. That's why even though she said "See you online" I'm laying back. I wouldn't be surprised if she's wondering why I haven't contacted her.

I don't seek a relationship if we reunite, but if it goes that way so be it. Detachment will not be a problem since there will be plenty of women in the new club. But she was great fun, her body language up until the last day was always high IL, and we were a good match (until I lost self-control) and I'd like to have another run at it, this time with the right mindset.

This isn't a real barometer, but honestly she didn't have the experience in bed to strike me as a pro cheater. I realize she could be lying, but I believe that part's for real...at least as far as all-out sex goes. If I'm really her "second," do you think she can really totally disconnect emotionally?

I really feel even if I want to have a casual IM with her, that if I initiate she gets the upper hand. At the very least shouldn't I wait until we are closer to the move date, about five weeks away?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
"Found out coincidentally?" That just sounds creepy. Care to elaborate?

Assuming you haven't been using "stalker tactics", just send her an IM saying, "Hey, I heard you were going to be in xxxxxx...I'm going to be up there too. Maybe we could get together for coffee sometime."

Be casual. Act like there was never a falling-out to begin with. And gauge her response.

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clarification on that:

While we were dating she said her next job would probably be in country X. After she left, my band's agent booked there as well, and that was a last minute change, unexpected and totally outside my control. So it's a coincidence that we will be working in the same country again.

There wasn't a falling out or fight. Just a sudden drop in IL. I had thought sex meant certain high IL, so for my last offers to get dropped was a surprise, and when I pursued them and realized I was getting blown off, I felt in an AFC position. Confused, to say the least.

Anyway, now I've got a casual mindset, and I'd like to just have a normal IM conversation. However, I feel that casting out the first one is going to give her a sense that "Oh yeah, I've still got him" so the whole thing has the wrong frame right away. It's been three weeks since she left, how long should I wait before I should make that IM move...and should I even make it? I really think that for this to pan out in the end, I've got to let her come to me. If she doesn't, then I was out from the get go. No?