Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A quiet DJ

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello. Id like to start off saying that i dont want to try to change myself. Its so obvious when someone tries to act like the person they're not. Anyways...i am more of a quiet kid (i like to talk, but i dont always have things to say). Anyways, i was wondering if u can accomplish DJing when being kind of on the quieter side?? It seems like it would be very hard to do this; however, im new to the game. Ive tried to be very talkative buyt it just doesnt work. Any tips?

Last edited:

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiet people seem smart usually, but you wouldn't be able to dominate a convo.

But yeah, I know... 2 guys who are really quiet and pull chicks all the time. They are extremely introverted and like to listen. Sometimes they ask directing questions... but that's about it.

Cheers

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try talking to girls one-on-one instead of having you and your freinds macking a group of girls at a party or something, you will look kinda funny if your the only one not saying stuff.

I find it alot easier talking to girls when there arent my stupid friends trying to hit on them at the same time.

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totaly agree with what u guys are saying.....I talk alot..and i don't think it's too cool...like they say..makes you look smart..and yeah..you don't wanna be around your idiot friends trying to act all cool around "the Ladies" lol You wanna be 1 on 1...you'll pimp her out alot better!

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is it's way easier to talk to girls one-on-one without my friends because everytime my friends try to c0ckblock me and they talk trash about everything I say. And yes, they try to act all "cool" infront of the ladies it gets annoying they have no idea how to do things. Plus my friends can only do stuff when there drunk and talking to slutty drunk girls.

drew6532

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being quiet is okay. You can be successful with women and be quiet at the same time. However, you must realize that being quiet often raises the interest of women. And this is where most quiet dudes lose, because, sorry to say, most quiet guys end up being boring.
So if you feel you're quiet because you don't have anything interesting to say, you're in trouble. If this is so and you aren't willing to "change urself", don't waste your time asking for tips. Change is not bad, false-representation is.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drew6532
So if you feel you're quiet because you don't have anything interesting to say, you're in trouble. If this is so and you aren't willing to "change urself", don't waste your time asking for tips. Change is not bad, false-representation is.
I guess im in trouble :( ...it sucks...im just not naturally good at knowing what to say, but im working hard at it. Listening in to some of my good friends talk and looking at tips etc...i just search and search for something to say, but sometimes, theres just nothing to say. its so hard.

balla

Don Juan
Reaction score
you just got to be observant man there are plenty of things to talk about. just about anything is fair game. another thing is to not take yourself to seriously. Lots of times shy ppl want to say something but are afraid of what ppl think, thats no good. how many times do you see girls who like the goofy bastard who will say or do anything. it has its certain charm and spontaneity is a def plus

Hell look at the whole series of Seinfeld, the best show ever by the way. its the show about NOTHING. If someone were to summarize a script of the show you'd be like thats dum b as hell. hows that funny. they talk about the most ordinary things. But the show is hilarious and incredibly poplular because they make it work.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there are definetly natural 'talkers' and then 'quiet' people. A quiet person can do things to make himself more talkative, but usually his quietness is a pretty hardwired part of his personality, so he's never going to be quite the socialite that the natural talker is.

Now, there is definetly a level of quietness you can reach that will prevent your success from women (when you just can't talk AT ALL), and if you're that quiet you need to do some work, get over whatever social anxiety problems you have, etc.

But if you're only 'somewhat' quiet (you can carry a conversation if you need to) then you can use it to your advantage. Girls, I believe, could really care less about how much you talk, EXCEPT that talking gives off the perception of being socially important and often, confident- two big things girls look for. If you can show a girl you are those things, WITHOUT chattering constantly, you'll be just as good, maybe even BETTER, in her eyes.

Women are known to have something for the 'strong, silent' type, like a cowboy or something. If you ever watch westerns, you don't see John Wayne or Clint Eastwood being the big talker. But other men respect them, and they clearly have confidence, which women can tell from the way they carry themselves, so women are attracted to them.

Plus, we all know how women love to talk. From all that I can tell, when it comes to talking, women don't care so much for the man talking but for how well he can both listen to her and lead the conversation with relevant questions/statements that allow her to open up.

I actually kind of see guys that talk way too much as a little effiminate. It's wierd when you have to tell a guy he's being annoying from talking too much. I don't know if this femininity is something women pick up on or not, but I suspect they might, and at the very least, guys will have a harder time respecting you as a man if you talk as much as a chick.

Sometimes, being quiet (if it's not done in a way that suggests insecurity) can be a little intimidating to other people, both men and women. It's almost as if you have a slight air of being 'better' then them, and this can translate into your having confidence in women's eyes (though I'm not saying this is always a good idea). Plus the suprise they show when this guy has hasn't said much the whole night starts chatting them up is a big plus.

So in conclusion, the percieved superiority of 'talkers' only exists b/c the talkers are the ones who, well, talk to women. If a quieter guy doesn't talk to her, she can't really choose him. It's not really a matter of a women actually preffering talkers over quiet guys. In fact, women might actually prefer a quieter guy if they had a choice. But it would have to be the right kind of quieter guy.

-E-Z

obijuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of what makes a man attractive to women is his comfort with himself. If you feel more comfortable being quiet then this will have a positive effect on women. Plus it keeps you from saying anything stupid which has a great deal to do with success rate (or lack thereof) of many a man. *****HOWEVER: You have to smile and you have to say something or noone will notice you.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dillin
The thing is it's way easier to talk to girls one-on-one without my friends because everytime my friends try to c0ckblock me and they talk trash about everything I say. And yes, they try to act all "cool" infront of the ladies it gets annoying they have no idea how to do things. Plus my friends can only do stuff when there drunk and talking to slutty drunk girls.
Sounds like you need new friends.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just do what I do, the 3 W's
who
what
why
where
when

always keeps convo flowing. loadsa nods, smiles, ec and ah has

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read something written by a physchologist expert that you should not use 'why' in a conversation if you want the other person to get close to you because it naturally puts them into a defensive state.

i think this is bullsh!t, so could i get some opinions?

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible I guess, but only if you ask it in a serious kind of way, cos then your doubting their decision making, which will put them on the defensive.

I'd say if you keep the convo light hearted then saying 'why' every now and again can't be too bad.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just shows that your listening to them and taking intrest.

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I was the same way I was quiet but a very great listener then one day I became outspoken and obnoxious they say. It kind of sucks. some girls like quiet guys cause like I mentioned before they are good listeners and are not aways running off at the mouth

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
E-Z Rider, you make excellent points man. I've given thought to this quiet stuff cause I'm naturally quiet. I guess everyone's style is different, but say, me I don't walk with a big grin talkin my ass off with everybody, I don't know, somehow the internal dialogue inside me distracts me. I don't mean a dialogue like 'shyt what do I say what do I say?', but I dont know, more like I'm usually listening to the background music, just chillin I guess. Same thing when I go to conversations, I'm pretty ok when talkin to girls to make dark-humored remarks/bust on them, but I say them with just my regular voice intonation (low, soft) and still they crack up.

Depends what type of girl you're going after, it's hard to play James Bond in a frat party. But also, Bobba Fette is so fukin cool, and how many lines did he speak in the whole Return of the Jedi? Like, one? Food for thought. G