a question about looks

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...if you hook up with attractive girls. I mean, good genes, in shape, or just plain down right beautiful...no acne, bright eyes, obviously what a woman is suppossed to strive to be.

If you hook up with them, would that mean that youre on the same level of attractiveness?

Obviously the 1% fat dude with great personality will get it too. Or the musician, or movie star, whatever. But ur average worker dude ?

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are all about looks, men are about everything they can provide for one, which shows in how they walk, talk, look what they say and how they say it. Different people have different percentages of how important looks vs personality are and men's and women's are on opposite sides.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think your looks has to somewhat exceed the average attractiveness of the females you hook up with. Isn't that what HYPERgamy really is anyway?

Say the guy consistently pulls 7s. Maybe he's a 7.5 or 8 ish or more.

The "delta" or guys looks minus the chicks looks gets smaller as you go up the scale. I don't believe it's an "equal trade" or delta of zero until you reach the 9ish range.

My point is we can't have "like attracts like" AND "hypergamy" at the same time. The demand for puss will always exceed the demand for cawk, so on average, females will get a somewhat better trade than guys will.

So take the average looks of the females you date and maybe bump it up slightly to get a ballpark of your looks.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I think your looks has to somewhat exceed the average attractiveness of the females you hook up with. Isn't that what HYPERgamy really is anyway?

The "delta" or guys looks minus the chicks looks gets smaller as you go up the scale. I don't believe it's an "equal trade" or delta of zero until you reach the 9ish range.

My point is we can't have "like attracts like" AND "hypergamy" at the same time. The demand for puss will always exceed the demand for cawk, so on average, females will get a somewhat better trade than guys will.

So take the average looks of the females you date and maybe bump it up slightly to get a ballpark of your looks.
very well put!

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
_sideways_ said:
So...if you hook up with attractive girls. I mean, good genes, in shape, or just plain down right beautiful...no acne, bright eyes, obviously what a woman is suppossed to strive to be.

If you hook up with them, would that mean that youre on the same level of attractiveness?

Obviously the 1% fat dude with great personality will get it too. Or the musician, or movie star, whatever. But ur average worker dude ?
Not necessarily.

What women consider "average" is technically "cute." Meaning she will be willing to be with you accompanied with some confidence or "game." It really isn't that difficult getting into that "cute" zone so long as you work out, dress nice, keep good hygiene, walk with confidence, and maybe speak clear. What they consider "hot" would be like movie star or millionaire status or something of that stature. Or, throw all that out the window and be blessed with super good looks etc... An AFC with really good genes or status will be able to out game any DJ in the short run. That's why it's best to have a wingman who is in your criteria of looks. Find out if most women consider him cute or hot and the same applies for you. I'm considered cute so I would get a "cute" wingman if not a bit lower, if I get a "hot" wingman then the balance just messes up completely and he'll be attracting "hot" girls with the occasional cute ones. It's like the ugly girl and attractive girl walk into a bar scenario, no one pays attention to the hot one. Only it doesn't really work on men because the effect will become an unattractive one.

Anyway, a "cute" guy can get any girl at that point ranging from cute to hot. However, he will have MORE success from women who are in that same criteria. E.g cute guy + cute girl, hot guy + hot girl. But that isn't to say its limited to those at all, if it did that would be a "league-" which don't exist. If the "average" guy takes care of himself basically, he would be deemed "cute" and that's where his limits become limitless.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, that would not necessarily mean the two of you deviate a point or two tops from each other on the proverbial attractiveness scale. In my experience, I've seen far too many girls that pass for a solid 7 or 8 going out with a guy I'd gauge to be as low as a 4 or 3 even. Why? Maybe she's insecure. Maybe he runs serious game. Maybe she finally yielded to his persistence. Maybe he's a stud in the sack. Maybe they belong to the same social circle and he's the most valuable of the pack. If the girl is into the guy, she will rationalize that he's a good looking guy. Why does this happen time and again? If I had to guess, I'd attribute it to cognitive dissonance theory. She can't hold onto two competing thought patterns without bursting at the seams - meaning, she can't say to herself something like "jesus, it soaks my panties to see all these girls go crazy for attention from my gorilla-faced troll boyfriend". Then there's the problem (for her) of the friends and family. You really think she'd ever confess to any of those that yes, her boyfriend might look like Frankenstein with acne, but at least he's a sweetheart, or at least he makes a lot of money? Never in a trillion years (unless of course she belongs to the small minority that are full on succubuses of the lowest kind) She will bring his physical attractiveness up (in her mind and especially to others) because external forces will pressure her to do so.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
BTL:

I don't disagree. What you are saying certainly happens. My theory is based on a AVERAGE over many girls.

No doubt that a guy can punch above his weight sometimes. I just meant if you averaged your chicks' looks over the past year or two.

This wouldn't apply to an LTR guy because he might only have one chick in his sample for a few years.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
BTL:

I don't disagree. What you are saying certainly happens. My theory is based on a AVERAGE over many girls.

No doubt that a guy can punch above his weight sometimes. I just meant if you averaged your chicks' looks over the past year or two.

This wouldn't apply to an LTR guy because he might only have one chick in his sample for a few years.
Perhaps, yes, I'll buy that. Either way, the more I get out there and talk to girls, the further and further I personally drift away from the 'looks issue'. In fact, I can't remember the last time I attributed not getting a girl because I didn't put mouse in my hair that day, or I was dressed like sh1t, or she's probably only the type to date models etc. In other words, in my view, complacency is why those average figures you cite exist, and not really because it's a true reflection of the 'natural order of things' or something of that sort.

mbas44

Don Juan
Reaction score
I say if you divide the facial symmetry of yourself and your partner by the average of each of your 3 previous partners with a deviation of +/- 2-3 points on the delta scale on average your mean rating will oscillate in the viscinity of the 3 previous plus the one your with, but then you have to figure youve aged proportionitally to however you were when you dated the first girl, hence you need to account for this with what we call the "degenerating A" factor, or age factor. but you being male your market value increases somewhat compared to the female who will degrade somewhat so it basically balances out.

All this to say, what a bunch of mental masturbation in this thread. Rock on.:rockon:

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget thinking, just do is the best policy if you ask me.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls do go for looks, but mainly its about your personality, maturity and how you hold yourself..

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:

Well i asked because i was thinking back about this german girl who was solid. I mean, really nothing to fault her with...then i thought about another promoter girl who was up there for sure too. And i kept thinking about even my long term chicks who i had an on again off again relationship for a couple years were pretty up there. Now i never thought of myself as a hot guy. Ive been told but who believes the crap that girls say anyways...so to me, im just me. If anything its my moms fault for my traits.

So if i take the avg of chicks ive dated and bump it up a notch....IM A 9 ALMOST! holy h3ll...

Maybe my humbleness is limiting me in some aspects.

My best friend said that my swag is not needing swag.

Im almost tempted to p o st a pic so as to not come off as a troll or mental master bation...

But thats why i want to get together and sarge with some of yous guys cuz im not here trying to live a lie on the interwebs.

Its like the weightlifting forums, if yhey can, they meet up and lift and workout...

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your a good looking guy, you will just know it by how Women treat you when you go out. This is why most good looking guys have so much confidence, they know from previous experience that Women get wet over them and have no problem approaching the really hot women. It doesnt faze them. Im not trying to boast but this is why ive landed the hottest girl in a bar or lounge when im out. Ive heard over and over that im hot/sexy and that builds up in my subconscious and eventually feel like i can approach any Woman and/or groups of them. There is a problem with that though,... When one girl declines your advances it feels strange as if that isnt supposed to happen lol. Overall, Keep approaching women and be straight forward with them and they will respond to you so easy. Ive read many times "looks dont matter", from experience i'd say fvck yeah they do.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GettinMyMindRight said:
So, are some of you suggesting a 5 can't pull a 9?

Yes and no....its how you s3e the world. My buddy is color blind...he cant see what i see.and vice versa, but we both can communicate. Its like that.

Why do some people buy pugs and love them better than their kid, and some want the classic lassie dog.

Ive seen pics of my parents when younger....my dad was a 6...slightly above average cuz he wasnt fat....my mom is attractive...but see...she was humble about it till this day. She thought developing into a great human b3ing was and is above any shiny dress you can wear.

On the same coin tho...my dad had his shyt together down tight, so yea if a woman cares about the man having his shyt together anything is possible.

Like scar face said...the world is yours...

Its your life to lose kids....you either wake up with a killer attitud3, or you wake up.like skinny thinking this fishbowl doesnt like a particularly colorful type of fish.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In2theGame said:
If your a good looking guy, you will just know it by how Women treat you when you go out. This is why most good looking guys have so much confidence, they know from previous experience that Women get wet over them and have no problem approaching the really hot women. It doesnt faze them. Im not trying to boast but this is why ive landed the hottest girl in a bar or lounge when im out. Ive heard over and over that im hot/sexy and that builds up in my subconscious and eventually feel like i can approach any Woman and/or groups of them. There is a problem with that though,... When one girl declines your advances it feels strange as if that isnt supposed to happen lol. Overall, Keep approaching women and be straight forward with them and they will respond to you so easy. Ive read many times "looks dont matter", from experience i'd say fvck yeah they do.
Yep.

I worked a job a few years back that felt like one big corporatized 13th grade where girls would flirt with me consistently, a girl cheated on her boyfriend with me, I was screwing my supervisor, one older woman never referred to me by name, only as "gorgeous", another woman kept trying to steer me into a modeling career - I had validation juice pouring out of my ears. Very misleading though. The place had me convinced I was no less than a 9. Then I too would go out into the 'real world', get blown out, and be left wondering "wait, but...everyone at work...I...don't...understand" On the other hand, when I'd pull a girl I'd place the bulk of my success on my looks.

bcollarmechanic

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think if youre at least average you can pull 8 and 9s, might not be able to hold them for very long though and itll be harder than a guy with 8 and 9 looks

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't care about looks only matters in situations like clubs. Just make sure you look interesting, you're fun and you're not a *****.

I've asked a lot of girls if a certain guy is 'hot' and I would point to one walking past and they all answer the same "I dont even know him" or "I cant tell based on looks alone"

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuppy said:
They don't care about looks only matters in situations like clubs. Just make sure you look interesting, you're fun and you're not a *****.

I've asked a lot of girls if a certain guy is 'hot' and I would point to one walking past and they all answer the same "I dont even know him"

This is so true. There's a game I like playing with the girlfriends I've had and that is to compare two people from the same gender and determine who is hotter. The answer I always got was "I don't even know them, I can't say".