Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A post from my blog.

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love some comments on this from some people that are more experienced than I am.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You already said it, communication breakdown. If you do not speak the language you have little chance. Communication is a pivotal part of attraction, scour the forum and you will see how important it is as a good portion of discussion is centered around the right things to say to get a woman interested. If you do not talk the language you are likely dead on arrival... Even if you would be a bit of an exotic novelty to them it would be difficult to build rapport. Just try and talk a girl into bed with you when she does not understand what you are saying. Also I am not familiar with South America and what part you are in but it could be a more conservative place too. I have been around the world in a number of places as my family was somewhat wealthy and I had a lot of experiences in my youth. From what I have seen certain cultures are far more traditional and some women thus less likely to seek out sexual encounters. Some places just do not have a "hook up" culture. I do not know what more to add because it may be also due to a multitude of circumstances, but me not being in your shoes cannot quite say.
Good you were at least able to realize you were overprioritizing the pvssy though. I mean, you were on a cool trip, there are dozens of things to do rather than concern yourself with getting laid.

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You already said it, communication breakdown. If you do not speak the language you have little chance. Communication is a pivotal part of attraction, scour the forum and you will see how important it is as a good portion of discussion is centered around the right things to say to get a woman interested. If you do not talk the language you are likely dead on arrival... Even if you would be a bit of an exotic novelty to them it would be difficult to build rapport. Just try and talk a girl into bed with you when she does not understand what you are saying. Also I am not familiar with South America and what part you are in but it could be a more conservative place too. I have been around the world in a number of places as my family was somewhat wealthy and I had a lot of experiences in my youth. From what I have seen certain cultures are far more traditional and some women thus less likely to seek out sexual encounters. Some places just do not have a "hook up" culture. I do not know what more to add because it may be also due to a multitude of circumstances, but me not being in your shoes cannot quite say.
Good you were at least able to realize you were overprioritizing the pvssy though. I mean, you were on a cool trip, there are dozens of things to do rather than concern yourself with getting laid.
Thanks for replying man. Yea, I wasn't sure if it was, or if it was just me. I mean, I've met people that don't speak portuguese and have said they've been laid more then once here, and they are surprised I haven't been. (I'm in brazil by the way) I've been here for over 3 months, and nothing. I mean, I've hooked up with women here, but that's it. Trying to proceed farther then that has been near impossible. I've tried using tinder, and been using google translate to communicate, but it all leads to, "well you don't speak portuguese", so nothing ever worked out. I did meet one girl, and we hooked up, but she was on the big . so nothing ever happened besides just kissing on the beach.

The thing that gets me, is how big of a deal it seems to be. I mean, I get people all the time who are astonished that I haven't hooked up with anyone, and that led me to put pressure on myself. It really sucked, and I didn't like it at all. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't been laid here, because apparently everyone else has. I just try not to keep up the conversation when it gets brought up.

When I realized I was under all this pressure I, told my self to stop, and slow down. I decided to stop making getting laid the objective, and just live my life. I told myself, ok, if I don't get laid here, then I don't get laid. That's fine. It's been over 3 months for me, and that's tough because I had 3 women I was playing around with back in the states. I figured brazil would be easy, but again, if you don't speak the language, it's that much harder.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes if you Hunt it appears you try too hard and they run.... That's why you dont put girls on a pedestial, otherwise you look "desparate". Its funny how easy it is to seduce à girl when you do everything except think/act to get laid.

Hunting is good but you have to detach. Prioritize having your fun and discoveries likely a girl from the group will notice you and you make it move.

About not speaking the language, sometimes they write it better. In Japan, i used to have written conservation on a pièce of paper. It got me à couple of time succesful. But nothing work better than speaking it.

If you put yourself first and to have fun, you'll attract fun minded person (go in hostels to travel and find groups of foreigner) and than something might happen