Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A or B - Looking for Some Starting Advice

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all

So after 6 months of messing around with dumbells in my room, I've taken the plunge and gotten me a gym subscription. I intend to make a log in the near future, but I am a little stuck on which of the two 'main' workout routines to follow: A or B.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444

I tend to see most people starting off with the B, and admittedly it does look more noob-friendly, but I'm wondering if A is more condusive to mass building (all that squatting's got to build some mad leg strength).

Your thoughts/opinions? :)

Cheers
Adam

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YOUR ROUTINE

Pick 1, and only 1 they both work, don't make a big deal of it just pick one. Don't alter it, do it just as written.

WHAT PART DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND :cuss:

I say if you are really weak then do A. As in if you squat below 125lbsx5. This is squatting as low as you can by the way.

If you are more in the region of 150lbsx5 I'd do B.

Just pick one.

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
B, then, I suppose. No need for the angry smileys though - if you could add additional advice to the original information then it's not a case of not understanding, but being unsure due to lack of advice.

Cheers
Adam

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are both good, but A is a superior program for most purposes IMO.

Go with A, and do the power cleans.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"A" is without a doubt better. Field tested on a lot more people with great results given adequate food and protein.

I'm personally getting far better results basically doing only these lifts than i ever did with all that pullthroughs, curls, leg press, etc nonsense (at this level):

Squats
Deadlifts
Bent over rows (the real 90 degree kind)
Pullups/chins
Overhead press
Dips

That's IT.

I haven't even benched in over 6 months, but i did put like 40 lbs on my overhead press in that time. And whatever i added to dips... hard to tell with changing bodyweight :) Not that there's anything that wrong with bench at low weights but I just don't really like to do it at all and don't want to deal with spotters anyway.

Tried replacing rows with power cleans but it kept hurting my right biceps, but that was sore from softball in the summer so maybe i should try again... when i'm done progressing 5 lbs a week easily :)

I think people mostly don't do 'A' because it lacks variety and people are scared of squats 3 days a week. Pu55ies.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edit

never mind, not worth going over the same old stuff again

Last edited:

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Triple T said:
I just started B! (week 1)
Make a log, I'm 16 too.

Lets see who gets the most gains!!
I love competing! :D

PS. Heres my log:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154149
Ha, that is a tempting challenge - my stats are very similar to yours (5'6.5'', 120lbs).

That said, A does sound like the better routine - you up for switching to A Triple?

:yes:

Cheers
Adam

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Adam said:
Ha, that is a tempting challenge - my stats are very similar to yours (5'6.5'', 120lbs).

That said, A does sound like the better routine - you up for switching to A Triple?

:yes:

Cheers
Adam
Haha, how about YOU do A.
I'll do B.

And we'll see which program is better! :whistle:

Up for the challenge? :trouble:

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Triple T said:
Haha, how about YOU do A.
I'll do B.

And we'll see which program is better! :whistle:

Up for the challenge? :trouble:
It's on :woo:

Thanks for the help fellers, I'll be starting the A varient of the workout. I'll make a log sometime this week with pictures hopefully.

See you there :D

Cheers
Adam