A Manly beard or a clean-shaven babyface???

java01

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just whant some insight on fellow juaners on perspective of a Hairy-face Vs Baby-face.

I personaly prefer unshaven as it gives me the more 'manly' brute look, i let my beard and moustache grow, and when i think it's a bit too long and messy, i get out the electric hair cutters and trim to a desirable length (i know their are pobably traditional beard/moustache trimer's out there, and if their is, let me know), so then i get a clean even finish.

Anyway, just leave a post and fill it in with your insights.

ReT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, not saying I'm a Don Juan at all per say. I prefer to have the 5'oclock shadow look.

The baby face look doesn't seem to attract me as many woman that glance.

I bought a Norelco Trimming kit at bestbuy for $30. Best $30 i've spent! I have it two years and it still works great. I'd highly recommend grabbing one.

Lately I've been doing the Abraham look, allthough I'm starting to dislike it myself, though woman that I currently see have commented how they like it on me, better than my baby face or unshaved.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...g+kit&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1212796430895

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno man, the clean shaven tends to take like 3 years off my look which I enjoy given my current quarter life crisis

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely depends on the guy.

You read that women profer a clean shaven man but I would take that as a grain of salt.

Just something you need to figure out with trial and error

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it totally dependson the guy. some guys look good with facial hairs, others look messy/dirty/creepy..

the same applies if you are trying to grow your hair out. some guys look very nice with long hair, while others look like hippies.

same with your haircuts and everything else. it depends on the shape of your face, your weight, the style you own, etc etc.

for example, if you are preppy and tend to wear a lot of polo's and stuff like that, then it would totally kill your style if you were to have some gross looking 'manly' beard.

however if you drive a harley and you have a clean shaven baby-face, that may make you look weak in the biker groups.

daring wraith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Up to you, all the women i've spoken/dated/slept with etc always liked clean shaven.

Try both out and see what happens.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither.

5 O'clock shadow is the way to go. Switch it up though. Shave clean every now and then. Let it grow a little longer at times too.

But in genral, keep a light (2-4 days growth), nicely trimmed beard. That's what I do. It's EASILY the best option.

Look at those alpha male, manly looking models you see in ads. A lot have neatly trimmed 5 o'clock shadows. It just looks so undeniably good.

Goatee can work pretty well too but not on everyone.

Last edited: