A good Personality goes a long way...

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in high school I was the biggest class clown. I mean big, I was even in the yearbook for it - My parents were very pleased. :D All I did was make random a$$ comments out of place which made everyone just crack up.. Some of it was even teasing different girls in the class. It was absolutely priority number 1 to get as many laughs as I could. Sure it got me detention from teachers but I had like a following. Not even just the guys, girls too were just asking me if I wanted to hang out.

Anyways now I'm turning 23, and I haven't seen anyone from high school since then. When I left high school the only advice everyone kept telling me was to start taking life seriously and that I was in the "real world" now. So I kind of lost ties with those people taking life in such a serious way. I was beginning to not even be funny anymore. Lets just say I didn't have many friends or even girls with that thinking. I kind of became a lazy pot smoking loser but atleast with a job.

Then I saw Tony today, this guy was in most of my classes for both my junior and senior year. We started talking about what we have been up to and where we're working. So I told him I'm a merchandiser being that I don't have to talk to many people I can just do my work. He looked at me with that "are you serious look.." He said, "I thought you'd be doing something with people, you're like personality plus." It made me realize exactly what a personality is and how it works. And I didn't even know what I was doing then.

When I found this site a few months ago I started to notice the mindset I had back then that just attracted people. To also note I was alot heavier then which is surprising to me.

Even though I've been working on this stuff it was like another wake up call today..

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Making people laugh is a great life skill, but I can't help feeling if you overdo it, you look needy and a bit of a jackass.

It's well known 'the clown' is a standard 'mask' that alot of people use who are not sure of themselves, and everybody knows it.

I'm not saying this is you, I'm just pointing out you want to use it judisciously.

Also whilst people may laugh at you, they won't take you seriously either.:D

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
coma

I consider it like waking from a coma. I know all this stuff to be accurate, hell, as I have said, female psychology 101 basically. I dont know what happens to us mate, I dont understand why either. At least you are only 23, I fell into my coma at 28, I am now going on 37......BBAADD NEWS.

If I was 23 again I would do everything the same except for this rotten little piss weak woman pleaser I became for a while there. I dont think men are cut out for this societal crap we live amongst. Our Grandfathers etc fought major wars, women didn't vote, and we had a cause usually.

Just make sure you wake up and dont stay around here reading and writing, get out there and apply this ****. Listen to P S and Realness and dudes like that. Even listen to jakeyboy, do as he says, not as he does...he is a recovering AFCaholic, he will admit it but.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
These girls who were asking you to hang out...did they mean hang out as in DATE them or hang out as in just chill in a group?

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its good to see you have recongnized ur problems and WILL make it threw

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Making people laugh is a great life skill, but I can't help feeling if you overdo it, you look needy and a bit of a jackass.
I think if you do it to much it will just make you look goofy and unstable.

These girls who were asking you to hang out...did they mean hang out as in DATE them or hang out as in just chill in a group?
On dates.. But back then I didn't know how I was attracting the chicks. Then when I went out with them I was mr.nice guy because I didn't realize the funny ass character was doing it. Even when they dumped me on the first night - I would end up calling them 3 times a day.. Seriously I was that clueless in dating. :rolleyes:

I think if I didn't brush up on any of these skills since then I would still be a virgin, because I never was able to turn that funny/****y side out instead of mr.nice guy on dates. Lets just say I was raised by my mom who always told me flowers, chocolate bla bla bla.. basically stuff you do as a husband rather than dating.

Sart you have a pretty inspriring post considering your 37 and still doing your thing. :D

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips.