Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A good career with great rewards at the end?

Reaction score
Good post about sales, but couple of points of my own:

A cute blond girl can outsell you.
This is also nice to comment to from behind the veil of anonymity, but in my experience this is not always so:
If the target audience of influencing and selling is bunch of AFC guys then a cute blonde girl has advantage.
If on the other hand target audience is women.. then it's totally different ballgame.. ;)

Although extroversion is considered as natural salesperson trait and it indeed makes selling more comfortable, the introverts can be really, really awesome salesguys because they tend to listen more.

And once you gather enough experience and learn, it doeen't matter wether you are introvert or not, you words and nonverbal communication is just what works anyway, not what used to came to you naturally in the beginnig. Kind of like the seduction game.

In the field of influencing and selling, as in the world of seduction, experience and learning will make a really huge difference.

I would again really emphasize internal locus of control, growth mindset and extreme ownership here. Those are the things that really do the work.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sales relies a lot on genetics. Charisma, looks, voice, height, etc. A cute blond girl can outsell you. It's also a very emotionally demanding job. You need to be able to turn emotions on, off, and adjust them to other people.
Completely wrong, sales relies a lot on the product and market/territory you are placed in. In addition, a cute blond girl can only outperform an average salesman with her looks alone and she is usually moved to a TL eventually.

If you possess a few qualities, you can be great in sales. IMO, there are usually good rewards for putting in more work as far as the industry as a whole goes. It's a highly transferable skill. Other salesmen for different products or services may see you as a colleague if they're agnostic about what they sell.
These qualities are luck, emotional intelligence, and effort.

But if you have attributes that don't work with the job, then it will be a struggle to hit quotas every time. If you're an introvert or have a soft heart (it does take a little psychopathy to be good), then that works against you. Sure, you might be able to compensate in some ways, but if rewards are competition based, then you might win or lose due to genetics alone.
I think being an introvert is more advantageous than being an extrovert in sales. I do agree that having morals can work against you in some cases. If you are put in an environment where you have to be sleezy to hit you targets then I would consider leaving that job. Furthermore, there's a lot more to sales than hitting quota. Politics and BS like KPIs come in to play too.

Last edited:

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
think of doing as the reward, not the achievement of a goal.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Good post about sales, but couple of points of my own:

This is also nice to comment to from behind the veil of anonymity, but in my experience this is not always so:
If the target audience of influencing and selling is bunch of AFC guys then a cute blonde girl has advantage.
If on the other hand target audience is women.. then it's totally different ballgame.. ;)

Although extroversion is considered as natural salesperson trait and it indeed makes selling more comfortable, the introverts can be really, really awesome salesguys because they tend to listen more.

And once you gather enough experience and learn, it doeen't matter wether you are introvert or not, you words and nonverbal communication is just what works anyway, not what used to came to you naturally in the beginnig. Kind of like the seduction game.

In the field of influencing and selling, as in the world of seduction, experience and learning will make a really huge difference.

I would again really emphasize internal locus of control, growth mindset and extreme ownership here. Those are the things that really do the work.
And that's why the pharmaceutical companies usually initially send 2 people to doctors offices when they attempt to get new clients.

One hot guy for the receptionists who act as the gatekeepers on who gets to talk with the doctors and one hot woman for the doctors.