A few things I've noticed

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Whats up guys , felt like getting this out on the forum to see if you guys have had similar situations/perspectives.

1) No girl is worth losing anything important over.
- this one came up big a few weekends ago when I was hanging out with a good friend of mine and his good friend (who is a girl) was my oneitis. I realized how much I wanted this girl back in the day and I was ready to destroy my friendship over her, hes a very close friend btw, and now I realize that would've been the most asinine decision of my life. Never risk a friendship over a girl, the girl will leave but good friends will be there for a lifetime. WHen I was hanging out with my buddy and a few others that weekend I never laughed so hard and I realized that if I lost his friendship, that would've been sh1tty, especially since I found out that girl is a head-case. She actually tried to get back in touch with me ( was in a previous thread) but I came to the conclusion that it was not worth it.

2) Texting does NOT equal attraction.
-Of all the places I found an article on elite daily posted up on facebook (hate that site btw but I get a good laugh from it from time to time explaining some insane standards women have ). It was something about attraction, i forgot the title. Anyway, one bullet point was along the lines of, "Texting a girl 24/7 and having a conversation 24/7 via text is not attraction, its clingy and annoying". Then it said something about how texting 24/7 is not how relationships are built. (All I thought about was Harry W lol) And I have to agree. Just because a prospective plate doesn't text you 24/7, it does not mean they are not interested. When they reject you, that is when they show disinterest, to which you move on.
- Ill throw an example here: I was constantly communicating with this girl, she was reciprocating and then all of a sudden poof none of us texted each other for 2 weeks or so. Then out of the blue she texts me some pictures, we convo for the day, then nothing, that goes on for a bit. Then I ask her out and she agrees and we have a good time. Good example of how texting does NOT build a relationship, however I believe it does build rapport before the date.

So just felt like tossing these two points out there to see what you guys have to say about em, share some experiencing fellas! If you have none, then go get some, life's experiences are all just potential great stories that you could share! :yes: :yes:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I learned about texting the hard way due to my summer fling with the college girl. HW was right once again

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding texting. It has been drilled into me to get number arrange date & that's it. That's what I do. It has worked.

It is actually really amusing how much it gets to women that I don't text them. Women love texting as you know.

Regarding building rapport via text. Most guys on here advise not to do that. If I'm bored which is very, very rare then i'll text the birds that i'm not so serious about =) a thought popped into my head whilst doing the latter a few days ago. I thought maybe that's what some girls do...just text lads that they aren't so much interested in...just for....whatever reason

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have this girl with very high IL I am going to be meeting tomorrow...textd her a few times yesterday, then after I got out of work called her and BS'd for about 5 or 10 minutes and set up date...she texted me about 15 minutes later how I am the only guy who has ever called her to set up a date and she thought that was really sweet and thoughtful and she really appreciated it(going to do this all the time now)...then she texted me again today and kept texting me, lol...finally told her after a few times that I am really busy today but I look forward to talking more tomorrow and she texted me back that she is so looking forward to tomorrow night...

I normally set up the date and go ghost until that day...how do you handle it if they keep texting you between the date setup and the date itself? I don;t want to be a jackass and not respond at all, but I also don't want to keep texting her back and forth either...did I handle it OK? hat do you guys normally do?

Also I would HIGHLY recommend calling a woman to set up a date---it definitely sets you apart in a good way...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BackInTheGame78 said:
I have this girl with very high IL I am going to be meeting tomorrow...textd her a few times yesterday, then after I got out of work called her and BS'd for about 5 or 10 minutes and set up date...she texted me about 15 minutes later how I am the only guy who has ever called her to set up a date and she thought that was really sweet and thoughtful and she really appreciated it(going to do this all the time now)...then she texted me again today and kept texting me, lol...finally told her after a few times that I am really busy today but I look forward to talking more tomorrow and she texted me back that she is so looking forward to tomorrow night...

I normally set up the date and go ghost until that day...how do you handle it if they keep texting you between the date setup and the date itself? I don;t want to be a jackass and not respond at all, but I also don't want to keep texting her back and forth either...did I handle it OK? hat do you guys normally do?

Also I would HIGHLY recommend calling a woman to set up a date---it definitely sets you apart in a good way...
Yes you done everything correctly. Well done :up:

Regarding what to do now & how to handle her texting you. If it were me I wouldn't text her back until day of date then text her to confirm i.e "Hi HB we still on for tonight =)"

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to slow down the texting, just take hours to reply. She might begrudgingly take the hint or at least you won't have a textbook size conversation on your hand since you've been slow with your replies.

I've been thinking, and I invite other guys here to fight me on this, that texting (within reason, not all-day teenage textathons) isn't a huge killer so long as the girl is ALWAYS the one initiating.

I'll initiate if I want to make plans, otherwise she won't hear from me. So often what happens is I'll get a small-talk type text and if I have time I'll play along for a few lines. I won't ignore her or always take hours to respond. I don't want to dissuade her from reaching out to me when she misses me. I like the attention and I'll "reward" her for it by chatting a bit. And then I'll go away until she texts me again.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
Yes you done everything correctly. Well done :up:

Regarding what to do now & how to handle her texting you. If it were me I wouldn't text her back until day of date then text her to confirm i.e "Hi HB we still on for tonight =)"
I'll agree he handled things well. I just try and cut them off with an "I'm really busy right now" text so they get the hint, but that's after a few texts back and forth...don't text anything of substance here because you run the risk of her taking something the wrong way and not meeting up after she already agreed to the date...if you keep things light you can help increase her IL slightly, but it seems she is pretty into you already from what you said...

However, I will disagree with the whole texting the day of thing....usually I will just shoot her a text 30-45 mins beforehand saying something like "I might be running a few minutes late", which gives her a chance to flake if she is going to do it and also lets me know if its a waste of my time to drive all the way out there...

I think texting her "Are we still on for tonight?" comes off as a little too needy/unsure of yourself. You should just assume she is going to meet you because you are confident she wants to.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
I'll agree he handled things well. I just try and cut them off with an "I'm really busy right now" text so they get the hint, but that's after a few texts back and forth...don't text anything of substance here because you run the risk of her taking something the wrong way and not meeting up after she already agreed to the date...if you keep things light you can help increase her IL slightly, but it seems she is pretty into you already from what you said...

However, I will disagree with the whole texting the day of thing....usually I will just shoot her a text 30-45 mins beforehand saying something like "I might be running a few minutes late", which gives her a chance to flake if she is going to do it and also lets me know if its a waste of my time to drive all the way out there...

I think texting her "Are we still on for tonight?" comes off as a little too needy/unsure of yourself. You should just assume she is going to meet you because you are confident she wants to.
Ya that never worked out well for me either.

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Among the immutable truths in life - other than that the Germans love David Hasselhoff - is some of the wisdom on this thread. Distilled to its essence:

Texting does not build attraction. The phone is for setting dates. Period. You do not have to initiate if you have set a definite date for a definite day, time, and address - I like to do this by text because I'm a lawyer and I prefer it in writing, so that a woman has notice, short of losing her phone. You don't even have to confirm the day of the date, because it's a definite date. Texting before the date is fine, AS LONG AS SHE IS INITIATING AND YOU KEEP IT SHORT, WITTY, AND CHARMING/SNARKY.

Ideally they should have so much anticipation that they're getting in touch with you to confirm that the date is still on - which proves that they're thinking about you and excited by the prospect of the feelings you're arousing in them. Women who are made uncomfortable by this will call you out for being forced to confirm the date with you, but they are doing you a favor by telling you everything you need to know - namely, they either have a bad attitude or are making an excuse if they object to having to get in touch with you day-of to confirm. This will save you time and money and you're better off without such troglidytes.

The most basic of truths is this: women fall in love with you when they are away from you and thinking about you, not while they are with you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
"Texting a girl 24/7 and having a conversation 24/7 via text is not attraction, its clingy and annoying". Then it said something about how texting 24/7 is not how relationships are built
I don't understand why everybody talks about texting 24/7. Who DOES that? There's no reason to be constantly texting, it's not an all or nothing thing. Obviously too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with texting, just keep it down to a few lines here and there.

TheCWord said:
If you want to slow down the texting, just take hours to reply. She might begrudgingly take the hint or at least you won't have a textbook size conversation on your hand since you've been slow with your replies.
Yeah, the nice thing about texting is there is no required protocol on how long you are supposed to take to respond. You could get back to her in an hour, or you could get back to her the next day.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots26 said:
Among the immutable truths in life - other than that the Germans love David Hasselhoff - is some of the wisdom on this thread. Distilled to its essence:

Texting does not build attraction. The phone is for setting dates. Period. You do not have to initiate if you have set a definite date for a definite day, time, and address - I like to do this by text because I'm a lawyer and I prefer it in writing, so that a woman has notice, short of losing her phone. You don't even have to confirm the day of the date, because it's a definite date. Texting before the date is fine, AS LONG AS SHE IS INITIATING AND YOU KEEP IT SHORT, WITTY, AND CHARMING/SNARKY.

Ideally they should have so much anticipation that they're getting in touch with you to confirm that the date is still on - which proves that they're thinking about you and excited by the prospect of the feelings you're arousing in them. Women who are made uncomfortable by this will call you out for being forced to confirm the date with you, but they are doing you a favor by telling you everything you need to know - namely, they either have a bad attitude or are making an excuse if they object to having to get in touch with you day-of to confirm. This will save you time and money and you're better off without such troglidytes.

The most basic of truths is this: women fall in love with you when they are away from you and thinking about you, not while they are with you.
I used to have the mentality of "yes it will come across needy if you message on day of date to confirm, but then I got flaked on" so now I do confirm on day of date. Read my thread Flaked for more info

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I don't understand why everybody talks about texting 24/7. Who DOES that? There's no reason to be constantly texting, it's not an all or nothing thing. Obviously too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with texting, just keep it down to a few lines here and there.
A lot of girls equate texting all the time to being interested, at least for my generation it seems that way. Pretty lame if you ask me. Except to much boobs... no such thing as to much boobies.

EDIT- but I know guys who constantly text girls, 24/7, I see it on their phone when they let out a tiresome "sigh". Then they show you how many texts they've gotten from just this one guy.