Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A few not so random quotes

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
“Nobody can be kinder than the narcissist while you react to life in his own terms” - Elizabeth Bowen

“Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination” - Benjamin Disraeli

"Are you so incredibly endowed that nothing can puncture your balloon?" - Johnny West

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
Yahooey said:
“Nobody can be kinder than the narcissist while you react to life in his own terms” - Elizabeth Bowen

“Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination” - Benjamin Disraeli

"Are you so incredibly endowed that nothing can puncture your balloon?" - Johnny West
This may seem sort of like a silly question......

But who exactly was Benjamin Disraeli talking about? :confused:

MAN in general?

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
OTB said:
This may seem sort of like a silly question......

But who exactly was Benjamin Disraeli talking about? :confused:

MAN in general?
Prime Minister Gladstone. On another occasion, Disraeli said of Gladstone, "He has not a single redeeming defect." and he also said that GOM (which stood for Grand Old Man, Gladstone's nickname), really stood for "God's Only Mistake". He really didn't think much of the guy.

FYI: Gladstone was a Liberal and Disraeli a Conservative and they rotated in and out of power. Disraeli preceded Gladstone twice. Disraeli passed away during Gladstone's second term and Gladstone continued to rotate with the Conservatives for another two terms. When Disraeli died, Gladstone proposed a state funeral, but Disraeli's will asked for him to be buried next to his wife, to which Gladstone replied, "As [Disraeli] lived, so he died — all display, without reality or genuineness."

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW the full quote is: "A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself."

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unrelated to each other (or previous postings) but here goes:

General Patton: "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

Winston Churchill to a woman who rudely commented on his drunken state: "Maam, in the morning I'll be sober. But you will still be ugly"

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
More Disraeli vs. Gladstone and a little more topical:
A lady was taken to dinner one evening by Gladstone and the next by Disraeli. When asked her impression of the two men, she replied, "When I left the dining room after sitting next to Mr. Gladstone, I thought he was the cleverest man in England. But after sitting next to Mr. Disraeli, I thought I was the cleverest woman in England."

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that this would be the thread with which to add my favorite quote of all time from any historical figure - this is actaully also my yearbook quote
(and no, I haven't graduated High School yet...)

"Always go for the highest position, it is generally the least crowded." - Charles de Gaulle

Now how beautiful is that? ;)

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yahooey said:
More Disraeli vs. Gladstone and a little more topical:
A lady was taken to dinner one evening by Gladstone and the next by Disraeli. When asked her impression of the two men, she replied, "When I left the dining room after sitting next to Mr. Gladstone, I thought he was the cleverest man in England. But after sitting next to Mr. Disraeli, I thought I was the cleverest woman in England."
Not quite sure what this one means either....

Does it mean that she thought Gladstone was a genius yet Disraeli a moron OR is it something that you have to read between the lines in order to find out the true meaning of.....

For example,
Does the part when she says, "But after sitting next to Mr. Disraeli, I thought I was the cleverest woman in England." ---> Does this mean that Disraeli was so powerful and skilled in social interaction that he was able to make the women feel so amazingly good about herself while she was in his presence?

Please enlighten your fellow Don Juan :cool:

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
OTB said:
Not quite sure what this one means either....

Does it mean that she thought Gladstone was a genius yet Disraeli a moron OR is it something that you have to read between the lines in order to find out the true meaning of.....

For example,
Does the part when she says, "But after sitting next to Mr. Disraeli, I thought I was the cleverest woman in England." ---> Does this mean that Disraeli was so powerful and skilled in social interaction that he was able to make the women feel so amazingly good about herself while she was in his presence?

Please enlighten your fellow Don Juan :cool:
My interpretation, and the reason I liked and posted this, is:

Gladstone was brilliant man, full of himself. He could/would showoff his genius but that didn't make him likable.

Disraeli was also an unquestionably intelligent man who did not put himself on pedestal. She felt like the cleverest woman in England because she felt she had an intelligent conversation with the cleverest man in England.

This doesn't require amazing social skills. You can walk into a room with the attitude of "Come bask in my glory" or "Come and share in my glory" and I'd rather be sharing glorious moments.

Tao walker 2005

Don Juan
Reaction score
"the less people know about how laws and sausages are made, the better they sleep at night" - Otto von Bismark

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." - Aleichem, Sholom

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"a mother spends 20 years making a man of her boy. another woman takes 20 minutes to make a fool of him"-Robert Frost

"You realize, that just as soon as you look in the mirror and decide you're satisfied, it is from that moment on that you stop improving."
-Dr. Cox, Scrubs

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You are not free to be nothing. Nature has given you a gender, one you did not choose. You must act like a man, look like a man, and be a man. If you refuse to do so, you will not attract the women you want, and Nature will burn your life with melancholy." ~ Pook

"If you want to get a really great girl - start working on your character and self-control - (those two things are REALLY uncommon these days) - because a great girl is one who's been working on that already and she'll recognize it in you." ~ Book of Pook