Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A different eye contact+smile question

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm walking through campus and a girl would appear out of nowhere from a corner. I would take a quick glance at her when she appear. And now this is what surprise me. The girl will look at me, see me looking at her, smile, and then look away as we pass. I notice this happens a lot. Now I already know this mean the girl find me attractive.

Here is the question: Are girls wired to automatically smile at a guy they find attractive when they see him looking?

For me most of the time I have to think about it to smile when I make eye contact with a cute girl instead of it being an automatic response.

Mez

Don Juan
Reaction score
A smile from a stranger...

Sometimes they're just being nice, or friendly, but I believe many men would like to believe anytime a girl smiles then they are attracted to them. I think some girls are and some may not be. A good look will get you a smile and your foot through the door, but the interaction is what is gonna make her attracted to you enough to where you're gonna get anywhere with her.

Anytime this happens do you go talk to the girl?

Mez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you Juggle?

Wow Sheez,
Have you studied any Juggler? The reason I ask is because that reads almost verbatim from either his ebook or podcast.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Shez. Where you been lately? Welcome back

As for the current thread.

I think if a girl isnt smiling then looks at you and is. Thats a good sign. If she was already smiling or looking very upbeat that would be a false pretense to think she liked you from just the smile as she may just be happy :) .

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
....IF they did return the smile- then that is prime time for an approach, she is welcoming you in (her subconcious is telling her this)- go get her!...
I guess girls in England are different from girls in the USA. Either that or you're too ugly. ;-)

And no I was not smiling. Almost everytime I had a straight face when they smile. And these girls weren't smiling before they saw me. They aren't bad either, most are like 7-9 in my book.

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shezz
First off - Yea im ugly ;) lol

Second - If they are smiling at you -WTF is the problem? Approach them you goon!
I've seen your pic. You may not be ugly but you sure hell aren't good-looking either. LOL.

I'm not asking for advice on approaching girls. I am not complaining about anything. I was only asking a straight forward question about what I've noticed. Since you couldn't give me an answer, it tells me girls don't smile at you.

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by theSpeculator
Here is the question: Are girls wired to automatically smile at a guy they find attractive when they see him looking?
O.k., here's my reply on this. (Good to see you still posting, Spec.)

1-Yes, if she finds you attractive, you can bet on it.

2-It depends a lot on the woman's demeanor and whether or not she "wears" a certain expression on her face at any given moment.

Some women simply don't smile at other people, but that doesn't mean she's not interested, just occupied with other things she might be thinking about.

From my own experience, it's better to look at facial expressions as they are more reliable than "looking" for a smile or trying to decipher pupil dilation.

Remember this saying if nothing else - "The Body Never Lies".

For me most of the time I have to think about it to smile when I make eye contact with a cute girl instead of it being an automatic response.
That can be worked on by simply being more cognizant or "aware" of potential women that you want to hook up with and simply conditioning your mind to be more receptive of your surroundings.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: A different eye contact+smile question

Originally posted by Silquee Smoove
O.k., here's my reply on this. (Good to see you still posting, Spec.)

1-Yes, if she finds you attractive, you can bet on it.

2-It depends a lot on the woman's demeanor and whether or not she "wears" a certain expression on her face at any given moment.

Some women simply don't smile at other people, but that doesn't mean she's not interested, just occupied with other things she might be thinking about. From my own experience, it's better to look at facial expressions as they are more reliable than "looking" for a smile or trying to decipher pupil dilation.

Remember this saying if nothing else - "The Body Never Lies".

That can be worked on by simply being more cognizant or "aware" of potential women that you want to hook up with and simply conditioning your mind to be more receptive of your surroundings.
What can you tell from this one. I was walking past 3 girls and the one in the middle held her eye contact and so did I. When I got close to her, she looked away and not down which would be a good thing. However, after she looked away the 3 girls giggled behind me.

What do you think?

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
What can you tell from this one. I was walking past 3 girls and the one in the middle held her eye contact and so did I. When I got close to her, she looked away and not down which would be a good thing. However, after she looked away the 3 girls giggled behind me.

What do you think?
A giggle or "squeal" in some cases is still a positive IOI.

She is most likely into you, her friends are o-utward guages of that. Of course as you know, if her friends aren't into you as well, (or at least "accepting" you into their group) even if she does have interest, it will be blocked and superseded by something else.

I've walked by many different women whom I could tell by facial expression how high their interest was in me by combining whatever expressions I saw on their face at the time and it has a high percentage of always being right.

The "squeal" or something vocal was mentioned because, that to me, is the highest indicator of interest you can find initially from a girl. (Back in the day, I would have thought they were laughing behind my back). Though there are some cases where this will be true, you have to read each person's B.L. to see whether they are being vocal because of high interest or "out of amusement".

Back to the "smiling" expression for a moment, those women out there who don't smile at you, but maybe interested in you will still find a way to express it.

Case in point - I had a class with an attractive 7.5 - 8 and she wasn't the type that smiled at people (I figured this out by "reading" her) but somehow I knew she still had interest in me, because she would turn her body around to face me and give me more eye contact than the rest of the guys that were located around her.

The clincher was when I told her one day how I had some pens that had been given to me that had my name put on them by an outside company and I didn't want them there.

So what does she do?

She takes the pen and starts aggressively using her tongue to erase my name and proceeds to suck on it as well. (all while looking me in the eyes, my jaw dropped a little halfway through it):D

Great stuff indeed.

I was reading up on Mystery Method and I started using the same expression that Mystery uses - that being a smile and it's a good gauge when done to other women as it creates a warm atmosphere conducive to a pick-up.

I would still have a blank or indifferent expression when around other dudes though, you don't want to send the wrong message and seem "universally friendly" to everyone, just the ladies.:cool:

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Re: A smile from a stranger...

Originally posted by Mez
Sometimes they're just being nice, or friendly, but I believe many men would like to believe anytime a girl smiles then they are attracted to them. I think some girls are and some may not be. A good look will get you a smile and your foot through the door, but the interaction is what is gonna make her attracted to you enough to where you're gonna get anywhere with her.

Anytime this happens do you go talk to the girl?
Yea, I agree....it all depends on the circumstances.

If a girl in a customer service position smiles at you, it does not mean squat....that is part of her job.

I also had a situation the other day when me and some other guy were in a lounge type area. We were facing the doors, when a chick walked in. When she walked thru the door, she shot me a smile. However, I think this was more a "friendly" smile since me and other guy had our eyes on who was coming thru the door. It was more of a Hi smile, then a hey, I think you are cute kind of smile.

You can usually tell when the smile from a girl means "I find you attractive." If she does it more than once in the same setting, you can bet your arse that she likes what she sees.

Follow your gut!!

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A giggle or "squeal" in some cases is still a positive IOI.

(Back in the day, I would have thought they were laughing behind my back). Though there are some cases where this will be true, you have to read each person's B.L. to see whether they are being vocal because of high interest or "out of amusement".
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Maybe they found me unattractive that´s why their giggle. However, I would never laugh if some girl was ugly, I would simply get serious.

Thanks for the insight.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many girls will hold your gaze if they like you but not necessarily smile. They know by smiling it puts themselves out there for rejection if you don't smile back (this is if they find you intimidating).

Smiling is always good. If it is at a club, then yes she probably wants you to approach and isn't intimidated.

If it is at the grocery store and you two are the only people passing each other by, then she is likely being friendly. It depends on the social context.

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by Shezz
I aint gonna front im HOT as a motherfucker!

Your my new best friend
Whatever...LOL.

(Good to see you still posting, Spec.)
Thanks. I've just came back from being away for awhile. I think I've learn a lot more from being away and learning by myself than when I was here. Don't expect to see me post often, probably every once in a while if I have the time. And you won't be seeing me make long ass post again. ;-)

Anyways, thanks for the tips. I'll keep them in mind.

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women simply don't smile at other people, but that doesn't mean she's not interested, just occupied with other things she might be thinking about.
Have you notice if there is a difference in the personality of a girl that smile and a girl that doesn't? From my experience girl that smile tend to have better personalities.

knglerxt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the majority of girls not smile? I get looks from girls and women all the time, but most of them don't smile. I'm not ugly by any means, and I can tell by the way they're looking that they're attracted to me.