Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Different DJ perspective

Wizdom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok now your all probably wondering, what is this guy talking about by a different dj perspective...let me explain

For the past couple of days, post after post i've been reading have refered to getting ladies (As some would call it)as the game or a game. This is true infact if you view yourself as a "player". (player of the game)

My perception of a player is someone that uses women to get what they need(generaly sex), and then discards them to move on to the next victim. Now this is ok if thats the way you want women to view you. As a wise man named Pook once said: "As you think, you shall become."

Essentialy saying if thats the lable you give yourself, then that you will become.

My opinion on the other hand is that getting ladies is not some sort of game that you play, but and art that you master! What are some of the things that come to mind when you think of art....some that come to my mind are creativity, skill, style, and practice. Now put these words in the context of getting ladies.

First there's creativity. Almost all girls love a guy thats creative, and that can come up with things that wow her. The simple reason being that its makes you stand out, or as girls would say "different from other guys" (As i've heard plenty of times
).

This is where style comes into play. Style simply meaning the use of the imprinted djbible in your head, converted into your own interpretation for use in your attempt to seize the ladies. For example...some people are alot sharper in remark than others. So in this case you would utalize your witty comments, and smooth remarks to show just how much style and smoothness you have. As creativity does, style also helps you to stand out from all the other guys.

Skill is another important thing you need in able to become proficient in the art. Not only do you have to remember the things you've learned from the djbible, but you have to know when, where, and who to use them on. This can only be done using your professional judgment (i.e. knowing if a chick wants you or not).

And most importantly the last 3 things rely on this "Practice". You could read all the djposts you want, and read all the books in the world, but without practice your not gonna know when, where, or even how to apply these things. You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't give yourself the chance. But thats a whole nother topic...

Hopefully I didn't lose you by...now
if not keep reading

I'm now going to try to explain this in a more relatable way. Lets take actual art for instance (i.e. Drawing paiting etc..).
Now for me art comes natural, because my fauther was an artist. So I aquired most of my creativity, and style from him. But the thing is I'm not very good at drawing, and painting. In other words I'm great at comming up with things and ideas to draw, but when it comes to the actual drawing part I suck. Note: successful artists are usualy proficient in all these areas. I'm sure if I really wanted too become good at drawing I could, But there is only one way that would be possable...any guesses...........practice!

Now put this in a dj context.. Your good with comming up with fun things to do, and you've got a book of witty comments impounded in your head, but when it comes to the actual drawing part you suck...(Don't worry dude I know how you feel) Well what I just said a bit ago apply's in the same way.....P R A C T I C E~. So my point of this whole jumble is that you can know all the knowledge in the world about girls and how to get them, but without practice your gonna be stuck as a intermediat artist with master potential...
Don't let that happen.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha I can hear you now....dammit Wiz!~
you went through all of that to tell me I need to practice geez~*

If this is at all hard to understand plz let me know and i'll try to explain to you personaly
So...anyway now I hope you understand why I view getting ladies as an art, and not a game.
luv to hear some feedback

P E A C E

-----------Wait stop here and think about what I just said while its still fresh in ur mind

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good post.

I have always said, "WORK HARD" to acheive your goals. It won't come to you by reading how many days you should wait after you get the number. It comes by practice, and aquiring that genuine confidence.

Good post!

Don Phenom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, as we learn more, the more things we understand from the past.

------------------
Don Phenom- DP, My motto is simple "I will not lose", and if I do, I'll go through you to get where I need to be. "Challenge me at your own risk"

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's both a game and an art. People (not just women), being the dysfunctional creatures we are, do not have the capability to play things straight with each other. So we deceive each other, and ourselves. This is how it becomes a game. It is definitely a game. Maybe you don't want it to be one, but other people make it so. You can learn to play it or be hopelessly lost. The art is in how well you play, and your style of playing.

Don't think it's a game? When was the last time you ever heard of a conversation like this:

Man: You make my dyck hard. Can I fvck you?
Woman: You get my pu$$y wet. Let's go fvck now.

Silly, right? But isn't that basically what cats and dogs do? If you can't be honest with each other, and you have to go through all these complex rituals before you can either have sex or get rejected, it's a game. The object of the game, as I see it, is not to have sex, but to find the fastest route to acceptance or rejection. I want to know as soon as possible if I'm wasting my time. When I know that, I've won. Then I just act accordingly, either walking away, or using my skills (the art) to finalize the deal.

Your post also brought something else to mind that I've been thinking about for awhile. Practice is good, and I've seen this advice all over this forum. But I think there's a step that comes between learning and practice that nobody mentions:

Incubation. I talked about it before. http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001193.html
What I'm referring to here is basically the same. You learn something, you put a lot of effort into it, then you just let your mind absorb the concepts. If you do this enough, the concepts will be at the forefront of your mind, and it won't be such a struggle to practice. When you encounter a situation where you would want to use some of these skills, they will come to you more naturally. At least this is how it works for me.

Wizdom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by galactus:

People (not just women), being the dysfunctional creatures we are, do not have the capability to play things straight with each other. So we deceive each other, and ourselves. This is how it becomes a game. It is definitely a game. Maybe you don't want it to be one, but other people make it so.

I'm not sure about you but I have the capability of doing anything that I put my mind too. I'm not sure you should be judging people as a whole, seeing as how all people are different no matter how much alike they act. Secondly, you can make it(as you say) anything you want it to be. I know that i'm in control of me, not other people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I look back on my previous post I realize that my thoughts wern't as specific as they should have been. So now allow me to clear that up for you.

Note: At no point in my post did I say that getting ladies is not a game(which it is, most definitly). But that just depends on how you look at it. The purpose of my post was infact to help you look at it in a different way. I simply said that I look at it as an art form. Now, the reason I look at it as an art form, is to help me realize that its not something that I play (playing requires thought, and strategic planning), but it is something that is natural and that should flow.

I just talked to one of my friends the other night about this girl that he has been pursuing. He told me that he's been going by the djbible doing all that it suggest, but yet he still can't seem to figure this girl out. He went on and on about how he's not sure what to do, and couldn't figure out what to do next.

Well being the normal human being I am, I gave him different suggestions, and things to try. But then I began to think about what I just told him, and how this was truely gonna help him. Sure it would solve his problem for now, but what happens when the same problem arises and he's not sure what to do.

Well most likely he's gonna come back to me for help. This would be perfectly fine on my friends part if he doesn't mind comming back to me for help everytime he has a problem. Now not saying that I don't like to help my friend, but I gave him some advice that set him on his way not even bothering to talk to me for a while.

Me: dude I want you to forget everthing I just said..
Friend: Why?
Me: Because you just got me to realize something..
Friend: Whats that?
Me: Everything that you do rely's on one thing and only one thing, and it just hit me in the face that your lacking it.
Friend: ?....What exactly am I lacking?
Me: "confidence"

Not saying that confidence is the key to everything...

Ok..Now the reason I just told you this story is not to explain that you need confidence in order to get women(Cause i'm sure all of us know that by now),but to you remind you. The thing is sometimes we get discuraged with women when we can't exactly figure them out, leading us back into that strategizing state.(in other words trying to guess what their thinking-which believe me is very very hard to do).

Therefore when I view getting ladies as a game I tend to be drawn to playing it like a game. Which is horrable for me. For the simple fact that I try to guess what their next move is(almost like a chess game). Well you say Wiz I'm good at chess, and I know all the moves. Well great, good for you, but the thing you gotta realize is that all players are different(meaning that you don't know what kinda move could be thrown at you).

Lets say a girl does something strange that your not used too. Well, my first reaction is gonna be what the hell am I doing wrong... This is extremly bad because the first doubt you have in yourself the more and more confidence you lose.

And let me tell you lack of confidence is the key to your destruction...

So my point is that calling it a game...makes me think its a game, which leads to my questioning of how do I conquer this part, which eventualy leads to a drop in confidence. Now i'm not saying this is always the case, but it sure helps me in my everyday venture.

One last point I would like to make. The thing about games(your prolly getting tired of hearing that word) is that every single one have rules.. And then there is art. Whens the last time someone told you that you had to follow the rules of art(never! because art is anything you want it to be). Keep that in mind.

So in my conclusion I would like to say that yes, getting ladies is a game, and yes it is also an art. But I know which way i'm gonna look at it..

Incubation..
When you encounter a situation where you would want to use some of these skills, they will come to you more naturally.
I totaly agree with you on this part. But again this is why I view getting women as an art, because its something that is natural. Not something you have to think about(or plan). When I refer to practicing im my previous post, the whole point of the practice is to get you to the point where it is natural.

Well thas all I have to say this time.....
plz do reply with any comments, disagreements etc...

[This message has been edited by Wizdom (edited 02-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Wizdom (edited 02-07-2002).]

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My metaphor is baseball. Apologies to all the non-USians.

Women are the pitchers, you're the batter.

Each woman is a different pitch - different velocity, different placement, different motion, screwballs, fastballs, curves in, curves out, split-fingered fastballs, change-ups, you name it.

A good hitter will be able to pick up the type of pitch (type of woman) and adjust his hitting accordingly.

Some hitters are great on fastballs, lousy on everything else. Some are weak on a particular kind of pitch.

For those of you who've never played, there are a few parts to a good hitter:

Stance. Are you out there living, putting yourself in situations where you can meet honeys? (After college, this one gets harder).

Pitch selection. Not all women are worth pursuing; not all women are the HRs of LDRs but more the sac bunts of a ONS.

Swing mechanics. How you approach her, get her interested, and close. Depending on the woman (pitch), this will of course vary.

Baserunning. (Heh). This can be too fast or too slow. Of course you want to go as quickly as possible, but you don't want to overrun and get tagged out.

Kinda silly, but a good metaphor and a (to me, anyways) helpful framework to think about your game. For instance, my biggest problems currently are in baserunning; taking an existing relationship and intensifying it. So I'll work on that for a while, get that good, than realize that my stance could be better- that I'm not meeting the kinds of women I'd like to. And so on.

Ted Williams worked on his hitting all his career, and you should too. Don't ever stagnate.

------------------
--
Chicks don't think. Chicks feel.

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow wow sh!t these posts are the sh!t
look what this guy wrote
"Lets say a girl does something strange that your not used too. Well, my first reaction is gonna be what the hell am I doing wrong... This is extremly bad because the first doubt you have in yourself the more and more confidence you lose.

And let me tell you lack of confidence is the key to your destruction..."

by god this is written gold wow
and yes this is an evolution post.

lord clem takes his hat of to you

Wizdom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious if you guys could reply with any further input on this topic....