A critique of Doc Love...

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have read Doc Love a lot over the year; in fact, I have taken all his articles from AskMen.com and put them in a notebook. I think that I know enough now to actually comment on what he says, and maybe help some of those newbies out there. I haven't actually bought his "System" (because I don't have a credit card), but from what I've read here, other guys have said that one can read his articles and get his mindset from there. So here goes.

First of all, Doc Love, in his introduction, talks about Challenge, Interest Level and the Reality and Bottom Line Factors. While I endorse him completely on the concept of Challenge (as well as the importance in getting the home phone number), in the other areas, especially Interest Level, he's a bit off. For instance, he says that it is female Interest Level, and NOT male Interest Level, which dictates the health of a relationship.

There is a problem with this theory. Since most of the guys he has experience with are AFCs (since they are the ones who generally write to him), he's naturally going to state this because the Interest Level of an AFC in a girl is nearly always higher than vice versa. However, I have been on a couple of dates where the girl's interest in me was considerably higher than mine was in her. In fact, after the date, I decided not to ask her out again because I just knew that I would never have sufficient interest in her to sustain a relationship.

Secondly, he urges his students to give up much too easily. He apparently thinks that if a girl has OVERT "low Interest Level", then she's not worth dating, and hell will freeze over before she will ever be.

Finally, his use of the Bottom Line Factor is off. He says that girls with high Interest Level NEVER breaks dates and is always there to help you. He asks, "how many dates have YOU broken in your entire life? Answer, less than one."

Again, this relates to guys generally acting needy. First, we don't break dates because we are almost always the ones to set them up in the first place, and we are generally careful to make sure nothing gets in the way. But even so, if something DID come up, I would STILL break it because I knew that I could always ask her out again, and would reschedule only if I had an available time. No sweat. Likewise, a girl who's not a needy, clingy female AFC, even if she has high Interest Level, WILL break a date with you if there's a genuine reason. (And if you ask to reschedule, she WILL do so.)

But if a guy just doesn't CARE about what a girl's Interest Level in him is -- as long as it seems above 50%, the only "analyzing" I'd do -- and she doesn't give him excuses such as LJBF or "I have to do my laundry" or whatever (the "kiss of death"), and most of all, if he has several women on his list (VERY important), then he not only doesn't need to, but he shouldn't, worry about her Interest Level otherwise.

It's also a known fact that girls don't fall in love as quickly as guys do. For you Chem majors, the Bunsen burner is male and the hot plate is female. If you give up on her before her "hot plate" heats up, you may miss out on a lot!

The Bottom Line Factor ALSO says, "if a girl still likes you, and hasn't given you the kiss of death, you still have a chance if you stay cool and keep the Challenge cookin'."

BGMan

[This message has been edited by BGMan (edited 11-27-2002).]

Tiandan007

Don Juan
Reaction score
BGman...I have Doc's System and I agree that he's wrong on some points but overall his theories are pretty much "On the money." He's a little rigid o some points. Good critique though.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Challenge has nothing to do with anything untill you demonstrate value to her. Otherwise, where would the challenge come from? Someone in whom she sees no value? I don't think so.

he says that it is female Interest Level, and NOT male Interest Level, which dictates the health of a relationship

The way I would choose to say it instead would be, "the health of the relationship is endangered when the guy confuses his interest level for hers."

All this stuff about seeing what her "Interest Level" is and what not is great but that's all Doc Love talks about but wouldn't that eventually prompt someone to wonder WTF is her interest in you supposed to be based on? What does Doc Love say about that.

I would write my own critique of Doc Love's method but the problem is I see NO METHOD other than making judgements about how interested she is when you've done nothing to seduce her. Doc Love's System is the hollowed out shell of a seduction strategy put out by a guy who markets to idiots.

Just my opinion.

------------------
"Dare to aim high." ~ DeepBlue

"Embrace the unknown." ~ Mystery

"Every human being has so much to offer, it's whether they are willing to give it that makes or breaks their relationship with me." ~ Gunwitch

"All you can do is make sure that YOUR game is tight and your skills are intact. Be prepared for anything and play YOUR game at all times, right down the line." ~ MrSex4uNYC

"Capture and lead her imagination and she will not resist you." ~ Ross Jeffries

radiodude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BG,
I can see your points. I would say Doc Love does give good advice, but sometimes, jumps to too many conclusions when we really don't know the entire scenario.

As has been said, he markets to guys who have absolutely no clue of what they are doing. I have to say that when I first came here, I had some knowledge, and was average, but in more of a positive sense. In other words, I wasn't clueless.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BG,

You made good points here but there is something which I have to respectfully disagree with you here.

Likewise, a girl who's not a needy, clingy female AFC, even if she has high Interest Level, WILL break a date with you if there's a genuine reason. (And if you ask to reschedule, she WILL do so.)

If a girl breaks a date with you, she will counter-offer you and wanna see you again if the situation doesn't permit her to see you at the moment. But, if she consistently breaks dates with you, then you know you're having an attention wh0re in your hand. You must remember what Doc Love said before "The first three dates are crucial and she must accept them". After 2 months, then you can relax the rules a bit.

It's also a known fact that girls don't fall in love as quickly as guys do. For you Chem majors, the Bunsen burner is male and the hot plate is female. If you give up on her before her "hot plate" heats up, you may miss out on a lot!

The Bottom Line Factor ALSO says, "if a girl still likes you, and hasn't given you the kiss of death, you still have a chance if you stay cool and keep the Challenge cookin'."

Nope. This is where the confusion comes in. Doc Love said it is important for a girl to have at least moderate interest in you(51%-60%)after passing the physical attraction test. Otherwise, nothing will happen. If her interest level is low(40%-49%), then nothing you do can raise it. So by saying that a girl will heat up slowly compared to a guy is totally weird here if she has LOW-INTEREST LEVEL.

Cause from what I understand from Doc Love, he is trying to say that if a girl likes you, then she likes you. If she doesn't , then it's too bad for you.

Be aware that girls could also play the Reserved Game to cover her true feelings in you. Therefore, you must know how to distinguish the difference.

DJSMILE79

Don Juan
Reaction score
How funny all you guys critize Doc Love and other love doctors on this website but by the time you need help and write those "How to .." o "Please help .." "Need advice urgently..." you all have no clue neither the slightest idea about the basics....

LOL

DJSMILE79

Don Juan
Reaction score
the same happens with guys on this site that write dynamite posts .....like Pook and others......anyways
LOL

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally bought the system after reading his articles for over a year and studying lots of other material, including this site. At first I was disappointed but after reading the book twice and listening to the cd's 4 or 5 times, it all came together and started to make sense. The System fills in a lot of the missing pieces of the puzzle that you won't find in the articles and I finally realized why some of my relationships that seemed so perfect after a few months ended. I could see exactly what I did wrong, and in some cases why I shouldn't have been dating certain girls to begin with.

On another note, I've dated 3 women so far who had Interest Level over 90% (at least until I messed things up) and they never broke any dates. Ever.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner:
Nope. This is where the confusion comes in. Doc Love said it is important for a girl to have at least moderate interest in you(51%-60%)after passing the physical attraction test. Otherwise, nothing will happen. If her interest level is low(40%-49%), then nothing you do can raise it. So by saying that a girl will heat up slowly compared to a guy is totally weird here if she has LOW-INTEREST LEVEL.

Cause from what I understand from Doc Love, he is trying to say that if a girl likes you, then she likes you. If she doesn't , then it's too bad for you.

Be aware that girls could also play the Reserved Game to cover her true feelings in you. Therefore, you must know how to distinguish the difference.

I believe some people are a little confused about what I'm saying.

Like I said, only worry about whether her Interest Level (I.L.) is above 50%. Everything else doesn't matter. If it is above 50%, she still "likes you". If it's below, NEXT!!! And, sure, if a girl breaks dates time after time, she's definitely stringing you along, but if it's an isolated case, I don't worry about it.

Anyway, right now, I have six (I think
) girls' phone numbers, all of whom seem to have 50%+ I.L. (none of whom have given me any variations on LJBF), and being in college taking two majors and 17 credits means I don't have too much time, and as my confidence with women has gone up, my thirst for female companionship has gone down.

And I'm glad you brought up the "Reserved Game" bit. However, if they have interest in you, they'll act a little bit nervous and silly while they talk to you (at least for a bit), totally different from the way they treat a male friend.

BGMan

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The System covers the "reserved game" in the "Games Women Play" section of the book.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJinArizona:
The System covers the "reserved game" in the "Games Women Play" section of the book.
It's far more important to know how to distinguish if she is playing a reserved game than knowing what kind of games they are playing.

djcovenman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner:
It's far more important to know how to distinguish if she is playing a reserved game than knowing what kind of games they are playing.
if you study the book and have EXPERIENCE you'll know if or not she is playing a reserved(generally nervous) game.

------------------
never ever hesitate...it is know not later ...NOW

andres_pv@eresmas.com