A bit confused...

nvtool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum in the past, but never posted. So here is my first post. It's a bit of a story, but aren't they all? :p

I recently started a new job at a mall that I've worked at before. I actually knew the staff from my job from the time I worked at the mall, so it wasn't really hard getting that job. So as you may guess, there was a girl. I liked her before, but chose not to pursue because she wasn't single back at the time.

After a few days of working there, I noticed she was showing interest in me (although I suppose I could simply be getting the wrong idea). I continued on and the signals started getting stronger. I'm not one to really dive for it without making sure first. She would always say hi to me, or compliment me on whatever, every time I'd come in, or she would touch me a lot (like grabbing my arm, or sometimes tickling). It didn't really make much sense, since I was under the impression that she was taken. Later I found out from a buddy that she broke up with her bf a few months back. So I figured I would start showing interest as well.

One day, I came in and for some reason she was crying (never really found out why), so I figured I'd try to cheer her up. I asked if there was anything I could do...so it kinda led me to offering her some ice cream.

One day she showed me her modeling pictures, and I gave her a compliment. Throughout the weeks, it seemed to me as if she was trying to get me to ask her out. Maybe I'm an idiot, but **** like "oo I wanna see that movie", or "I wanna go drinking" really made me wonder if it's something more than just saying it. Anyways, I asked her out, along with another co-worker, who was also a girl. Figured we would start off easy, and just hang out. The other girl gave me her number few hours before we left work, to call her to tell her once I'm ready.

Before we left, the girl mentioned that she was broke and didn't know if she should come, but the other girl said that she'll cover her, and told me that they are both coming. So they picked me up hours later, and we went to some bar. It went well. We sat inside first, got some drinks, and just hung out talking for an hour or so. I was sitting across from our DD and the girl was sitting next to her. Throughout the conversation, she told me that I had to come to a club with her one day. So I figured, good signs so far. At some point she would hit my legs under the table. I actually asked them if they wanted to go out again next weekend. I bought her a couple of shots (the other girl wasn't having any as she was driving), and then we moved to the patio. There, she sat right next to me, and our DD was stranded by herself across from me.

The night went on, and at some points I would put my arm around her, and she seemed fine. She seemed to get drunker every shot though (we've had 5 each in total), and very soon she ended up waving over our male neighbours. At this point the other girl was giving me looks as if she was gonna kill her. As predicted, they sat next to our DD and one of them started hitting on her. They seemed discouraged to approach the girl beside me. Anyways, we left shortly after, as at that point it wasn't really fun. I paid for the shots that I bought her. Before we left, she gave me a big hug, and I grabbed her by the waist and we strolled out.

So I thought it was going pretty smooth. In the car, I gave her a massage, as I was sitting behind her. We went to some other bar for a little bit, but at that point the night was left short and uneventful. The dropped me off, and I crashed satisfied.

This is where I get confused. I found out that she wasn't feeling well the next morning, and had to leave early. I myself wasn't working until about 3 days after. I texted the other girl to try and find out her number to see if she was alright, but received no reply. I tried to add her on facebook, but no reply there as well. I dropped by the mall a few days later, just say hi to the people, and found them both working. The manager was there, so we couldn't really chat it up. The girl wasn't her cheerful self, which kinda threw me off. I stayed for a few minutes, and just before I left, I asked them if they were still up for the weekend. Both said yea.

I haven't seen her since. I talked to the manager the next day (as I was in to work) to see if the girl was OK that day, and she said that she hasn't slept the night, hence she wasn't herself. I figured, OK well that's not that bad then. Then I went for my break with a friend of mine, who actually works across from the store. He told me that he overheard her talking about me to some of the people that work at his place. She asked if I like her, and she mentioned that when I touched her she felt uncomfortable. So at this point, I don't really know what to think, or do.

The weekend is approaching, and to my surprise both of them are still planning on coming (although I will ask them again to make sure). From what I know, the other girl actually said that she had fun that night. I'm working with both of them the day we are going out, and I'm not really sure how to act anymore.

I will say that the girl doesn't seem like an attention *****/drama queen. She actually seemed very cool and down to earth in the beginning, which is why I got interested in her. So I don't really believe she is out to get me to pay for her ****.

So that's my story. Any pros willing to have a crack at this?

broken dreams

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HUH? dude in the bar you should have gone for the kiss , at least.
she is either in or out. I know you work with her so, i know what you mean, I actually met a girl few days back tryin to go for an interview and asked her out outside of the school and I text her same day.she came out we drank and I wanted to go for the kiss after 1 and half hr of hanging out.
she said BF BF BF 3 times and I gave up at forst she said dont tell anyone anbout this.

So I wanted to show I was discrete and I dont kiss and tell.

I gave up and wanted to leave and said I have a BF again and was unreactive and cool.

saw her today she was weird at first was acting in a hurry but I was cool like I didnt care, cause I dont care.LoL.

Plus who knows door is open, she knew I wanted to **** so . I was laid back cool and not upset.

your situation is cool, she went outside of work to hang out, if you go out try not to be too entertainer guy or try hard to please her.
balance it off with funny tease role play like accuseher of thinking about sex,
and you wouldn't go out with her cause you would fight all the time nd end up having awesome make up sex.

dude go for it outside of work. If you are not ballsy or not sure she's interested to ****,. dont make it a big deal, who cares?

dont like be nice but just cool if she for whatever reason changes her mind or has other stuff in her head py bills etc.

get her happy excited lift her up, spin her dance with her all in mater of minutes when you are this weekend this is her chance to hook up woth a cool dude like you.

but if you dont feel comfortable sticking the pen in company ink, then cool.

plus she already went out with you.

I hope this helps.

nvtool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of wisdom and motivation, but it seems this officially became a lost cause.

I saw her today, while working at another job, she was distant and cautious. I was talking to my friend across from her store, and she came out (don't know why). I tried not to notice her, but ended up saying hi. She hasn't said much to me. Later in the day, I dropped by again to see the other girls, and once again nothing really happened. I asked the other girl if she was still down for the weekend, but she bailed saying she had to work at some bar. I half-expected it, so it didn't bother me. I decided not to ask the girl if she still wanted to go. Ironically, our manager told me to collect everyone's phone numbers in case I need to call them/get rid of a shift. Funny how that works.

I'm still pretty cool with the second girl, but not really sure how it will pan out with the first one at this point. It just seems awkward being around her. I more pissed that she made me sound like a slimebag to others than disappointed that she lead me on; really thought she wasn't like that.

Oh well. Thanks anyways! Guess I'll just keep looking.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a long timeline there, so it's hard to say what could have gone wrong in between the things you mentioned.
I asked if there was anything I could do...so it kinda led me to offering her some ice cream.
That isn't your problem. You just work with her; you aren't her boyfriend. I also wouldn't have bought this girl her drinks at the bar (you already got her ice cream). How many did you pay for vs. the other girl saying she would cover it? Showing you the modeling pictures was just her fishing for compliments, so you shouldn't have shown her the satisfaction. Asking for them to go out again next weekend just shows you have nothing going on that weekend, and that you don't have any better plans than to hang out with them. Ideally they should be saying that to you, to which you would reply along the lines of "well I was planning on going out with the guys next weekend, maybe another time."

The hug at the end of the night sounds like more of a "thanks for the drinks, sucker" type of hug than an "I really like you" kind of hug. The fact that she waved over some other random guys at the club is a bad sign also (best case scenario is she felt bad for the other girl with you sitting alone). The guys probably didn't hit on the girl next to you because they had seen you with her and putting your arm around her.

The pattern I see here is that she was into you when you wouldn't pay much attention to her or give her the time of day because you assumed she had a boyfriend. When you found out she was single again, you went completely soft. The icing on the cake was scrambling around to find out if she was okay after the night you guys went out.

How did you act towards her before you found out she was single? How did you act towards her after that? Go back and think about this.

nvtool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I can see where I went wrong. Should have just continued on with my game, instead of getting all caring and stuff.

Anyways, at this point I am just trying to put it behind and see if we can be friends just so it's not awkward at work (maybe get some ice cream back), after which I'll just go back to being a ****. I actually ended up confronting her about the rumour, which she denied. At that point I realized how stupid I ended up looking. While I don't really believe her, it doesn't really matter, as there's nothing really I could say.

After all this, I thought she was pretty immature, and it's probably for the best that nothing serious came of this.

Any tips on my course of action?
Thanks for the help so far.

nvtool

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't think I would update this thread since the last time, but things have taken a weird turn.

I'm not really sure what this girl wants anymore. I worked today, and I came in with intentions of removing that awkward barrier. It was easy, and within minutes we were back where we left off before that dreadful night. I actually laughed it off and blamed it on her. I did not mention me stressing out over that rumour, and it never really got brought up.

At the end of the day, our manager(female) asked me if I knew of a place to chill at. I said "maybe, why?" and she said that we should all go hang out somewhere. So I considered the option, and figured why not. The girl checked if I was still coming 30 mins before we finished work, and we were off. She was driving, so she had nothing to drink.

I didn't really know what to do with her: whether to test the boundary, or just let it go this night. Anyways, I tried not to pay much attention to her, and I saw her eye me pretty often. I caught her glance a couple of times, but I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary. At one point, our manager went for a smoke, and I was alone with her. I asked what she was doing this weekend, and obviously she said "nothing really. why?". I wasn't gonna ask her out the same night, so I said "just wondering".
The whole night, I didn't try to pull anything. Aside from making some jokes, it was a generally chill night.

At the end she offered to drive me home (which is pretty far). But our manager figured out some better plan, and I ended up catching a ride with someone else. No one objected and the night ended.

Few things I noticed:

She was on her phone a lot, texting.
She is pretty damn shy, and not overly outgoing.

So at this point, I'm not really sure what she wants. I tried not to show much interest tonight, with possible goals of hanging out again next weekend if she reveals some kind of interest through the week.
Questions..what can "texting people the whole night" mean? Am I being too cautious and careful? I am kind of testing the water at this point. Should I just say screw it, and ask her out tomorrow, since I know she's doing nothing? Or wait another week?

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're being so wishy-washy. Everytime her mood changes you change your stance. And you still don't know what she wants. If I were you I would have been macking other chicks at the bar. I don't think trying to hang out weekends in a row is a good idea. Remember, you are supposed to have other options, other women trying to get time with you.