Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

80s Song Men Need To Hear

logicallefty

Reaction score
Daryl Hall and John Oates. Song "Family Man" from 1982-1983 era. I was 8-9 years old and heard it hundreds of times on FM radio and MTV. I just recently listened to it as a 50 year old man. This is a song all of us as men should re-play for ourselves regularly, and adhere to it. Women actually need it more than we do in 2024. But 90% of them won't apply it to their lives as men will (Or at least as men sure as hell SHOULD).

The context of the song is a man who has kids and a family at home getting solicited by a woman. The man's mind is at war between being loyal to his family, his integrity, and virtues VS pursuing the woman to satisfy his needs and desires. Good vs Evil in his mind. In the end, Good wins.

Summary: We may not all have wives and families and kids to be loyal to. But we do have ourselves and all of the other positives in our lives that, when compared to the song, are representatives of the GOOD in his family vs the EVIL in the woman.

Hold your ground, men. Stay loyal to the good in your life when the evil tempts you, just like in the song..

Give it a listen...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman almost always has a motive. It's never driven by how horny she is or how much she likes you. It's always one of two things: 1) the desire for validation or 2) financial support. She is looking to achieve something by having a relationship with the man that can give that to her.

Hookers, strippers, sugar babies, housewives, the mother of your children. The only thing different between those groups is the degree they go to and how quickly they execute.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's add some more fun songs (lyrics matter for these ones).
Hey Nineteen is about a male in his early 30s seducing a 19 year old. The song was released in 1980.

The early 30s guy laments that he doesn't have commonality in cultural touchstones with a 19 year old. I found that quite strange. Why would some 32 year old guy in 1980 give a crap about some 19 year old not knowing that Aretha Franklin was popular when she was 4? A loose equivalent to that today would be some older Millennial born in the early to mid-1980s thinking about some 1998-2005 born Gen Z not knowing that Usher's "Yeah" was a huge hit song in 2004.

None of that seems to matter because they find commonality in alcohol, cocaine, and sex.

Last edited:

inquisitor

Don Juan
Reaction score
The early 30s guy laments that he doesn't have commonality in cultural touchstones with a 19 year old. I found that quite strange. Why would some 32 year old guy in 1980 give a crap about some 19 year old not knowing that Aretha Franklin was popular when she was 4? A loose equivalent to that today would be some older Millennial born in the early to mid-1980s thinking about some 1998-2005 born Gen Z not knowing that Usher's "Yeah" was a huge hit song in 2004.
It adds to the sentiment that times have changed; techniques that may have been seductive, or worked before in his time, would simply never work now.
None of that seems to matter because they find commonality in alcohol, cocaine, and sex.
Thank goodness for the timelessness of such vices, then.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It adds to the sentiment that times have changed; techniques that may have been seductive, or worked before in his time, would simply never work now.
It is a reasonable statement to say that there's an observation in the song that seduction tactics of 1979-1980 were different than tactics of 1967-1968.

I went to college from 2001-2005. Some tactics that might have been more effective in the 2001-2005 era wouldn't be as effective today. There are times when some SoSuave forum posts from the late 1990s/early 2000s are revived. It's easy to look at those as time capsules. A lot of the fundamentals of Game have stood the test of time. Parts of The Book of Pook have held up very well despite now being 20 years old as most of those covered fundamentals. Rollo's "The Rational Male" published in 2013 and was based on blog posts from the late 2000s-early 2010s. A lot of what was written in "The Rational Male" held up pretty well over time.

Thank goodness for the timelessness of such vices, then.
Alcohol has helped with seduction for a very long time. Cocaine was quite popular in the 1970s-1980s.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Daryl Hall and John Oates. Song "Family Man" from 1982-1983 era. I was 8-9 years old and heard it hundreds of times on FM radio and MTV. I just recently listened to it as a 50 year old man. This is a song all of us as men should re-play for ourselves regularly, and adhere to it. Women actually need it more than we do in 2024. But 90% of them won't apply it to their lives as men will (Or at least as men sure as hell SHOULD).

The context of the song is a man who has kids and a family at home getting solicited by a woman. The man's mind is at war between being loyal to his family, his integrity, and virtues VS pursuing the woman to satisfy his needs and desires. Good vs Evil in his mind. In the end, Good wins.

Summary: We may not all have wives and families and kids to be loyal to. But we do have ourselves and all of the other positives in our lives that, when compared to the song, are representatives of the GOOD in his family vs the EVIL in the woman.

Hold your ground, men. Stay loyal to the good in your life when the evil tempts you, just like in the song..

Give it a listen...

Surprised no one has yet mentioned