Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

70 years ago today was the last time the atomic bomb was used

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
"Many historians have said" a lot of things to make a point, grind an ax or promote a point of view.

That wan't history they were doing.

"Stand back now boys, I'm going to do some history here!".

It was pushing a point of view. And when it comes to that, a historian's opinion is like everyone else's and of no more value than that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's best that the bombs were dropped so that we could see what happened and what we were dealing with. It was horrific enough that no one has used them since. Unfortunately, that probably won't last forever.

Reaction score
who said anything about one month of starving, hmm? YOU and nobody else. Starve them until there's ZERO resistance when you send the few troops in to actually secure the place. We wanted to hold Japan so that Russia could have no access to a warm water port. Same thing with Korea.

Reaction score
NO americans need have died if we'd starved, fire-bombed

japan. Why should we have g a f if all of the Japanese died, hmm? WHY waste all of our money rebuilding the people who (later) stole all of our manufacturing base? MILLIONS of AMERICANS could have been living on Japan, keeping it secure vs Russia. We should have nuked Russia, too. The ONE thing in history I'd like to have done would be to nuke Russia back into peasantry, in 1947, BEFORE they got any nukes. Then no commie China, no Korea, no Nam, no Nicaraugua, no Cuba, no bs from the Middle East.

Reaction score
no, it was NOT. It was necessary to scare Stalin, but leave him in place as teh "boogie man" to "justify" spending a trillion $ per year on a worthless military.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
They knew they had the Japanese beat. The "end the war to save American lives" line is propaganda.

The REAL reason they used the bomb was to scare off the Russians. The Russians were getting ready to invade Japan (and continued to fight the Japanese in Manchuria for three days after they surrendered).

The U.S. wanted to:

1) Show the Russians we had the bomb, and would use it

2) Keep Japan as a wholly client state of the U.S. and not split it like they would do with Korea.

As far a Pearl Harbor, that was a total set up.

(source: Day of Deceit)

They WANTED Japan to attack pearl harbor as Japan, Italy and Germany all agreed that they would declare war on anybody who declared war on them.

The U.S. was VERY isolationist at the time. FDR wanted the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor, so we could declare war on Japan, so Germany would declare ware on the U.S.

If you want to feel sorry for the Japanese, feel sorry for the Firebombing of Tokyo which killed just as many and lasted a full ten months of relentless destruction.

But that's harder to pontificate about than a single event like the much celebrated Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Besides I've been to the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome a few times, and the local tourists (Japanese) take pictures in front of it like they are at Disneyland or something.

The average Japanese on the street doesn't seem to think much of it, why should we?
I completely share this opinion.

Jaylan said:
Many historians have said the war was won before we dropped the atom bombs. But just like with vietnam and iraq, certain Americans will believe anything we do militarily was just and for "freedom". Propoganda can be that strong.
Never in my life I would have expected to agree with you in something, this is the first case.

Im surprised how someone which saw in his own life the bombing of a nation with the excuse of weapons of mass destruction that still have to be found, not to question the reason that move their government.

I mean you already forgot also such facts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0WDCYcUJ4o

Sorry guys but the cool freedom exporter that set free anyone for justice and prosperity is gone, I have a great esteem for the americans as poeple, but the american elites are as bad as the nazi ones, except that they control mainstream western media and didnt lose any war.

Regarding the dropping, do I have to remind you that it killed mostly civilians since japan had no effective army or navy at that point?
It was necessary just to isolate them, and they would have run out of resourches without a single shot fired.

I dont expect you to agree with me but I would like you to think about it and compare that event with modern ones.

Feel free to check about sanctions and blockades of japanese economy from the us before pearl harbour.

Reaction score
we forced Japan to invade China, basically, with all the restrictions we forced upon them, We trumped up charges that Spain sank one of our ships in a US harbor, then fought them in cuba and TOOK the phillippines and cuba from them. then we opppressed Cuba and Phills, central and S America for decades, stole Hawaii from its natives, etc, etc, no different than any other imperial tyrants.

Reaction score
he said "EFFECTIVE Army" and he's right. Japan had nothing left for her troops to use, other than bolt action rifles and a few belt feds and a very few mortars and almost no ammo for any of them.. War studies have shown that such weapons can effect only about 20% of the casulties on the modern battlefield. Japan was prostrate before our bombing, naval artillery, and once we were ashore, our mortars, tanks, land artillery, snipers, etc. and we did NOT have to land before our naval blockade and firebombing had killed almost everybody. Stalin could have been scared off by some nukes detonated on nearly unoccupied islands. bettery yet, nuke Moscow and Stalingrad, see how much pressure the russians could THEN apply to us. :) NONE, that's the answer. but then we'd have had no justification for keeping 10 million men working on armament building.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Madeline Alrbright is right. 500,000 kids dying is a terrible catastrophe, but is worth it because it saved many more hundreds of thousands of people from dying. Same thing with the atomic bombs: thousands of civilians were killed, but their deaths were necessary in order to prevent many more millions of innocent people on both sides from dying.
Willingly kill 500.000 kids of starvation to save other lifes...pretty much the same reason why NATO bombed libia and iraq? kill some now to save some later? well we see how good its working such principle.

I respect your knowledge but I call bullsh1t on this.

Who said anything about freeedom? Most of us in this thread who are for the dropping of the bomb care nothing for opinions regarding which side was fighting for "freedom" or not. If you look at posts by most guys in this thread who support the dropping of the bombs, WW2 was total war in which entire civilian populations were mobilized in order to win. We are under no delusions about whether the war was over freedom or not, as "freedom" is in the eye of the beholder.
This is an opinion, you have yours I have mine.

The war was between the US and its allies on one side, and Japan on the other. One side had to win, the other had to lose. Both sides suffered civilian casualties. One side (Japan) suffered more civilian casualties for sure, but this was a war that Japan started, and it had to face the consequences of its actions. And this includes the civilian population that supported its massive industrial military complex, and also supported its government and military while they committed a genocidal holocaust against China.
Thats false, Japan stated the conventional warfare after the us gov started the economic one, if you cut a country out from supplies you leave it two choices, collapse or try to get it back with weapons, its pretty much what will happen with russia in few years unless this madness stops.

I do know one thing: the American version of "freedom" definitely won over the Japanese version of "freedom" in August 1945. And I don't know about you, while neither side is perfect I definitely know which version of "freedom" I would pick to live under.
Agree on that, given the two choices the american version was better.

Japan had no effective army or navy? Clearly you don't have all the facts on this matter: while it's true their navy and air force were decimated, its army still had millions of men armed and under uniform. Japan was a nation of 100 million people, and had just almost conquered all of China and Asia. It was far too risky to just sit back and hope a blockade would starve them into surrender. It had to surrender unconditionally, and its entire military leadership had to be removed. This could only have been done through invasion, an invasion which the Japanese were prepared to defend through a plan of massive suicidal defense in which the entire country's population was to be involved.

The dropping of the atomic bombs was a catastrophe, but it did prevent many more millions from dying.
While this is a convincing point I dont share it, to scare off the japanese and force them to surrender was easy done by dropping the bomb far from cities, but they really needed the burning civilians to scare the russians as much as they needed the burning women and kids in dresden to harm germans moral.

Regarding the concent let me repeat that I said "effective army" which I doubt japan had in that moment, surealy there were other ways to do it.

Dont get me wrong in terms of effectivness the drop of the bombs in the two cities was the best options, but if you do what is strategically better while not giving a fvck about human lifes and countries, you cant go around talking about principles.

Anyway honestly Im done believing this propaganda about bombing here and there for a greater good, we see it in libia, in iraq and even in siria how this "bombing" comes for greater goods, making a mistake happens but after you have ISIS taking over in middle east you cant ignore them while tryting to take down Assad which like Saddam and Quaddafi was an obstacle to them, any 1diot would realize whats going on, and its not about saving lifes.

prison/con.net said:
he said "EFFECTIVE Army" and he's right. Japan had nothing left for her troops to use, other than bolt action rifles and a few belt feds and a very few mortars and almost no ammo for any of them.. War studies have shown that such weapons can effect only about 20% of the casulties on the modern battlefield. Japan was prostrate before our bombing, naval artillery, and once we were ashore, our mortars, tanks, land artillery, snipers, etc. and we did NOT have to land before our naval blockade and firebombing had killed almost everybody. Stalin could have been scared off by some nukes detonated on nearly unoccupied islands. bettery yet, nuke Moscow and Stalingrad, see how much pressure the russians could THEN apply to us. :) NONE, that's the answer. but then we'd have had no justification for keeping 10 million men working on armament building.
Exactly, it was politics and economics to lead to such choices.

Reaction score
bs, things are very different when you have even a "mere" 1000 nukes, much less the 10,000 that the US has. There are not even 200 targets on the Earth worthy of a nuke, if we were fighting EVERYONE If you nuked, LA, NYC and Chicago, it would be the end of the US as a nation, certainly as a relatively free republic. No other country could tolerate the loss of their ONE biggest city (to a nuke). Nobody is ignorant enough to get within 20 miles of a nuked site, these days. they know about the cancers.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Sometimes wars have to be fought in order to remove the possibility of even more people dying. Just how grave that possibility is in the eye of the beholder, and that's just the way it is. During WWII, the US president - with advice from his military general staff, some of whom were against it - ultimately decided that the atomic bombs should be dropped. I agree with it, and you don't. And that's cool people aren't always going to agree on everything.

During the Iraq War, the US did not intentionally kill 500,000 children or any such number. During that war, no other other nation took so much careful effort to avoid causing the deaths of innocent civilians, if only because it was against the US' interest to turn the Iraqi people against them.
In here we disagree as well, I again believe that the starvation of women and kids was a purpose to push the popoluation to revolt against the government, therefore win without fighting, I can recall a similar recent case.

It's not false: the US did not start any economic war, they simply refused to sell oil to the Japanese who were then using that oil to supply a military that was committing genocide against China. Does a country not have a right to refuse to supply a military machine bent on slaughtering millions of innocent people for the sake of territorial expansion?
I recall among the many things the american government to freeze japanese assets which is a clear tool in economical warfare, not any different than selling national bonds in bulk to increase the rate of interest that nation has to pay those who buy the new ones.

Of course a country has the right to do such things, but we all know where those things lead, a country has also the rights to deploy more and more troops on their lines within their border yet all the others cry and complain when this happens (see eastern europeans against russia nowadays).

It was pretty predictable that japan would have done something to avoid being sent back to the stone age, can we agree it was an open provocation?

Ok great, we seem to agree that it was a good thing that the US won the war with Japan. How would you have preferred the US to force Japan into surrender, if the dropping of the atomic bombs was so wrong in your opinion? And you do realize that conventional bombings of Japanese cities killed even more people than those bombs right?
Again, if the main objective was to win asap regardless of damages on civilians and cities, the bombs where the best solution but from a human point of view whoever does such harm giving importance only to his victory lose the rights to brag about being right and morally superior, let me remind you that that same principle was applied from the nazis, hit as hard as possibile to win asap regardless how others suffer.

Ok, so what were those other ways?
From blockades to capturing strategic points as power plants and food supplies, they would have surrendered since it was mostly civilians at that point, a rifle and a uniform doesnt turn a farmer into a ranger.

Again, we agree that the dropping of the atom bombs was the most effective way to end WWII with Japan. Which is all I'm saying.
From a strategical only point of view agree on that.
I think you're exaggerating a bit, ISIS hasn't taken over the middle east. And there were lots of muslim terrorist organizations committing bombings before the invasion of Iraq, I for one think it was about time we took these on these b*tches instead of hiding from them like a bunch of little sissies.
They were pretty much gangs of bedouins with a low count of arms, bad armed and even worse organized, now they seize villages and cities, obtain and sell oil, their number grows by the day and are the strongest force in the area, same in libia.

I dont recall anything like this during saddams or quaddafi, most of all I find stvpid beyong any degree to wage war to Assad just because he is friendly toward Russia, he is probably the only obstacle Isis has in what remains of Syria.

There was a time when men rode into battle with confidence and courage, ready to kill any motherfvcker who stood in his path. The US found out the hard way how bad things can get when they stood back and did nothing: that's exactly what they did for too long a time while Japan raped China, till one day they stood up and said enough was enough. Now it seems we have just picked the easier route in life; to just sit back and let things be. After all, it's not our problem so why get involved. I remember the last time the US did that, Hitler and Yamamoto almost conquered the entire civilized world.
Forgive my cinism but I believe the Us decided to join wwII not out of niceness and concern for others but because they had economical interests under threath, the reason why they didnt bash Hitler first was because he was a great buffer against communism spreading in Europe.

And lets not talk about american bankers (international bankers hosted in america) which were afraid of losing the control of the currency in Europe and the money coming from the rebuilding after the first world war.

You may not agree with the removal of Saddam and Gaddhafi, but these guys were well known sponsors of terrorism. Gaddfafi supplied weapons and training to various islamic and communist terrorist groups, as well as the IRA, while Saddam had invaded one country after another in one of the world's most volatile regions and was tied to funding several terrorist groups.
I dont know about their policies but I guess funding terrorists which were at war with other terrorists was a great plan to apply divide and conquers while keeping different faction at war.

I dont recall any major activity of Isis or Al quaeda in Libia or Iraq back then.

And to the US, that's a threat to its security, to its interests, and to its citizens and that's why he had to go. And yes of course it's about economics and politics: a country's economic and political interests are an important part of its national security and maintaining its strength in these areas is often vital to its survival.
Agree on that but I believe it all comes on the interests of a restricted number of people rather than the entire nation, I mean Isis stand as a threath to the average american citizen but its a blessing to american bankers, weapons producers and corporations, those same who are funding you next president campaign.

The entire western media cries and b1tch about oligarchs in Russia but are fully blind to the same phenomenon in the west.

I mean in 2008 it wasnt Isis to create a collapse of world economy up to 10% with loss of jobs, lifes and leading to poverty and starvation even in many wealthy nations, yet I dont see any "freedom operation" against the responsible.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
You are saying that the United States was obligated to continue selling oil to Japan, who would then use that oil to supply a military machine that was murdering millions of innocent Chinese. And I totally disagree with you.

The US had every right to discontinue selling oil to a country - Japan - that was then using that commodity to supply its military's genocidal invasion of China.
I tought it was clear my opinion on that matter, I gave a precise answer in the above post.

Bottom line: was it a provocative measure designed to force war on Japan? That's like saying Hitler was "provoked" into invading Poland!
Sure not as much as was japan not to open their ports yet that didnt stop many action to force them to do it, I recall an other event even worse but to give you an example.
http://afe.easia.columbia.edu/special/japan_1750_perry.htm

One thing is for sure: the US was militarily not prepared for the attack on Pearl Harbour, and was totally taken by surprise. So the short answer is that while the US certainly did not sympathize with Germany or Japan, they most certainly were not trying to provoke them into war. The US at that time was still very much isolationist, and this did not change until the Japanese surprise attack at Pearl Harbour. And even if the Japanese were being provoked into a war, then that's a good thing because it was about time someone put an end to their campaign to murder almost 30 million innocent civilians. You did know that the Japanese murdered that many people didn't you? Perhaps now the 80,000 who died at Hiroshima and Nagasaki doesn't seem like the incredible injustice you're trying to make it out to be.
Exactly the US was very isolationist, the population didnt want any war unlike the elites on the country which usually benefits out of it...then something bad happened and boom all the public opinion was totally supporting them, reminds me some other event happened much more recently.

Nothing prevented the Japanese from obtaining oil if they were a peace loving country and sought it through trade and normal diplomatic channels. But they were not; Japan was a military dictatorship focused on conquering Asia and taking it through force. And the US was no longer going to sit by and indirectly help them rape and pillage Asia by selling them the oil needed to supply their military machine.
The Us gov doesnt give a fvck about justice or lifes otherwise your military wouldnt have been involved in any conflict/overthrown and revolution all over the world, the Us sits as long as it benefits wealthy elites and attacks when an attacks is necessary or their income is threathned, I wonder why the Us seems to attack only countries full of oil while most of africa is under civil wars and ethnic cleansing, I realize you are a lawyer but lets keep the lies to a minimum since there is no money involved here.

The US didn't not start the war in Asia, they ended it. The US was attacked first.. unless you consider a refusal to sell oil to a country as an attack. Is this what you're saying? Because if you are, you would be the first person I ever met who claimed that a country's refusal to do business or conduct trade would be considered an act of war.
Never said that a refusal to trade is comparable to a bombing, yet its obvious that doesnt help with political relations and is a way of soft war, I dont think I need to remind you that there are trade restriction on Russia now which is considered hostile as much as there were till few years ago on Iran for the same reason, they are tools to weaken an enemy.

This is what you don't seem to understand about the Pacific War: a long and drawn out blockade would have gone on for god knows how many years and killed potentially many many more people that the two atomic bombs that were dropped. That, in fact, was the whole reason the US president backed by his general staff ultimately decided to drop the bombs.
We agreed already that strategically talking was probably the best decision for the attacking part, many historians disagree about it for many reasons, Im not one of them and surely dont work in that field.

Actually, now the terrorists are nothing but rabble occupying mostly desert in Iraq and Syria, whereas before they constituted heads of state with standing armies and entire national economies behind them. While now they control mostly desert in Syria and Iraq, and are conducting relatively small hit and run operations and a few individual beheadings designed to shock and weaken western public opinion, before they were planning and launching coordinated invasions against entire countries.
I respectfully disagree, the amount of killings, carnages, slavery and instability that these "rabble" is bringing in the entire region is beyond control, I guess you are familiar with the fact that millions of refugees are leaving their land and trying to move to Europe, if its no big deal the modern situation how comes that nothing similar was happening at this level during Saddam or Quaddafi? was the fuel to flee too expensive back then maybe?

The United States loaned hundreds of millions of dollars interest free to western Europe to help them rebuild from a devastating war that Europe started. Plus, most of those loans were never even repaid - they were forgiven. America sent millions of soldiers to Europe and Asia, and hundreds of thousands died. Again, for a war that Europeans started. The US sent doctors, nurses, hospitals, medical equipment, trucks, experts to advise on agriculture and industry, and helped builds roads, schools, and infrastructure. Is America perfect? Of course not, The place has its hang ups. But no country on earth has ever tried to help other (mostly ungrateful) foreign countries in history as much as the US has.
The marshal plan made it clear that those economical helps were actually bribery, the condition to receive such money was not to have a communist party ruling your country, pretty much they said the people that they were either voting an approved government or they wouldnt have a coin, lets say they bought their vote?

Regarding the soldiers, the doctors and so on, Im sure those men and women did it for good reasons, pity that those who sent them were at home making esteems of the potential gain out of having a foot in Europe and taking away as much land and people as possible from their future enemiers the russians.

You are free to believe that it was a samaritan spirit to suggest such decisions, I respectfully suggest again strategical interest.

That's because back then, they were located in Yemen, Sudan, and Afghanistan. Now they have just fled to other stomping grounds, which only highlights more the need to liquidate them using whatever means necessary.
Yeah and why they managed to move to greener pasture? cause the big dog checking those pasture has been suppressed, cause that same big dog refused to have someone go eat on his field and instead started barking.

I agree, the US isn't perfect. People who commit economic crimes are often just as guilty criminally as terrorists. Big industry and the bankers have too much power. No system is perfect, and America is no exception. But America's idea of democracy, which is enjoyed by most Europeans west of Russia, is certainly the most favored form of democracy as it has been adopted by most nations in the world - nations who's governments have been elected by their people through majority decision.
I think the most important thing we have to clarify is that I never blamed the Us or the americans, I blamed the Us governments and the local elites, Im surelly not gonna have a problem with harry the californian surfer or Peter the texas farmer, Im sure I have much more in common with them that what I have with the euro parliament or they have with the white house.

I simply believe that just like many system democracy derailed and its rich wealthy corrupt people benefitting, it doesnt get elected the people which does the best for people but the ones that has enough money and power to bullsh1t the voters.

The oligarchs in Russia pose a threat to the government there, and Putin has established a mafia state in which he invades neighbouring countries and occupies their territory at will. He did that with Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Moldova.. the list goes on. Russia has a history of murdering its own people and invading all of the countries around it. Putin is simply continuing that tradition and keeping it very much alive.
Its no different with american corporation pressuring the european parliament to support TTIP despite 90% of europeans are against GMOs and other item yet its monsanto writing the rules instead of the people we voted, russian moved their tanks in georgia? its true so american army have their bases pretty much everywhere in this world, they even said the missiles in poland were necessary to defend Europe from Iran, so you have Russia pumping muscles and moving armies then the us gov bullsh1tting making political pressure, bribing politicians and doing the same thing...except that russian tanks are there to make troubles, the american ones are there to "protect the kids" or "defend democracy".

Since as a lawyer you surely know history better than anyone else, can I ask you from the foundation of the Us how many years of peace without being involved in any war you had till now? I think no more than 20.

Dont get me wrong everyone make its clothes dirty everywehere in the world but at least no one should try to convince his wife that he has oil or grass on his trousers because the car he was working on or the football match he had was not for his interest.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there are any survivors of the Bataan Death march still alive, I know what their answer would be.

Also, bear in mind that the US warned Japan and asked them to surrender before the first bomb was dropped. They did not.

After the first bomb was dropped, the US warned them and asked them to surrender again. They did not. Consider that fact, they did not surrender even after the first atomic bomb was dropped. So all of this speculation about Japan surrendering via some method other than an invasion that would have cost countless numbers of American and Japanese lives is ridiculous.

Not to mention that this attempt to rewrite history to portray America as racist and evil to have used those bombs against Japan is an insult and a slap in the face to all of the American veterans who served in World War II.

-Augustus-

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Augustus_McCrae said:
If there are any survivors of the Bataan Death march still alive, I know what their answer would be.

Also, bear in mind that the US warned Japan and asked them to surrender before the first bomb was dropped. They did not.

After the first bomb was dropped, the US warned them and asked them to surrender again. They did not. Consider that fact, they did not surrender even after the first atomic bomb was dropped. So all of this speculation about Japan surrendering via some method other than an invasion that would have cost countless numbers of American and Japanese lives is ridiculous.

Not to mention that this attempt to rewrite history to portray America as racist and evil to have used those bombs against Japan is an insult and a slap in the face to all of the American veterans who served in World War II.

-Augustus-
Do you have any link to support what you say?

Regarding the insulted veterans I may say the americans are not exactly the most insulted despite hollywood hard work to convince us so
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/World_War_II_Casualties.svg/2000px-World_War_II_Casualties.svg.png

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Who dares, here are two copies of the 5 million leaflets the United States dropped over Japan almost begging them to surrender or their cities would be destroyed:

http://www.damninteresting.com/ww2-america-warned-hiroshima-and-nagasaki-citizens/

As you can see, the warnings to surrender were sent out both before and after the first atomic bomb was dropped. After the first bomb was dropped, Japan still refused to surrender.

The US made it clear that the bombs were being dropped to destroy the military capability of the Japanese ruling clique, and urged the civilian population to evacuate the cities on the list and save their own lives. Along with the laflets that were dropped, the US also made numerous radio broadcasts to the Japanese practically begging them to surrender or their cities would be destroyed. And still the Japanese refused to surrender, even after the first bomb was dropped and they could see the US wasn't kidding around.

Interestingly, the Japanese empereor's palace was also a possible target, but the idea to bomb it was scrapped because of its culutral significance. What other country on earth would go to such lengths to try to save the lives of innocent civilians and the important cultural bulidings of the enemies who attacked it?
I will review the material you provided since Im not familiar with that :up:

Augustus_McCrae said:
Who dares,

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...s/csi-studies/studies/vol46no3/article07.html

The posters here who are engaged in Monday morning quarterbacking regarding the decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be well served by learning more about what actually happened during WWII. The battles for Saipan & Okinawa would be a good starting point.

-Augustus-
Sorry but CIA as a source for information regarding the actions and decisions of the Us government is not exactly what I would call a reliable base.

Anyway also in this case I'll read what you provide.

In your case just like in Bradds Im more than open to review my point of view, hope I can expect the same from you.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Who Dares,

I know you were referring to Augustus' post, but the leaflets I provided to you in my comment are not CIA propaganda; they are actual leaflets that can be found in the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasaki_Atomic_Bomb_Museum

"Leaflets which American forces dropped on Japan during the early part of 1945 are on display. One gives information on the bombing of Hiroshima and the power of the atomic bomb, warning citizens to leave the city and stop fighting."

Millions of copies of the first leaflet were dropped all over Japan five days before the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, and read:

“Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or friend. In the next few days, some or all of the cities named on the reverse side will be destroyed by American bombs. These cities contain military installations and workshops or factories which produce military goods. We are determined to destroy all of the tools of the military clique which they are using to prolong this useless war. But, unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America’s humanitarian policies, the American Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate the cities named and save your lives. America is not fighting the Japanese people but is fighting the military clique which has enslaved the Japanese people. The peace which America will bring will free the people from the oppression of the military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan. You can restore peace by demanding new and good leaders who will end the war. We cannot promise that only these cities will be among those attacked but some or all of them will be, so heed this warning and evacuate these cities immediately.”

After Japan refused to surrender following the first nuclear attack, the US sent in another warning through radio broadcasts and a follow up leaflet, which was dropped all over Japan and again practically begged the Japanese to surrender or their cities would be destroyed. Since the US had already dropped an atomic bomb, the Japanese must have known the US was not fvcking around. The leaflet read:

"America asks that you take immediate heed of what we say on this leaflet. We are in possession of the most destructive explosive ever devised by man. A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s can carry on a single mission. This awful fact is one for you to ponder and we solemnly assure you it is grimly accurate.

We have just begun to use this weapon against your homeland. If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city.

Before using this bomb to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, we ask that you now petition the Emperor to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better and peace-loving Japan.

You should take steps now to cease military resistance. Otherwise, we shall resolutely employ this bomb and all our other superior weapons to promptly and forcefully end the war."
Thats why in the reply for you I said that I will read your material since Im not familiar with it, no mention about the reliability of the source in fact :up:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bradd regarding those information about the leaflets, I have no reason not to believe what you said about it but again, was it really to save the people or to force some kind of revolt to overthrow the government which didnt want to surrender?

And most of all given that the 9/11 was a foreign attack, if the responsible were to inform you about what happened with pictures and the threath to be able to go forward and insisted that you push your president to call back your soldiers abroad, and leave your city, would you have done it?

Isnt this what terrorists do? they show you what they can do and inform you that if you dont convince your leaders to surrender they will go forward, is that to save you or to achieve their goal?