Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

7 years, 7000 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just looked over at my join date and post count and realized that I am not only coming up on my 7th year of posting here at sosuave, but I am also about 200 posts away from hitting 7000 (no, I'm not "proud" of that, it is what it is).

The culture on this board has changed over the years, and these days it's impossible to have an honest discussion about women without getting called a hater.

Lately it has become too "disneyesque" and P.C. (almost to the point of being [another acronym that ends in "C"]) for my tastes. I would rather spend a few minutes a day catching up on roissy and other bloggers who "get it" than continue to debate people here on the dozens of reasons why a man should never get married and other topics that never fail to strike an emotional nerve with the ego-invested masses.

This subject continues to fascinate me, so I don't want to give up studying and writing about women and the mating game (and I still to this day learn new things in real life and from others on this board), but as far as sosuave is concerned I think it's time to hang it up.

Maybe I'll start my own blog. I don't even care if anyone reads it. Just me clacking away at the keys to provide a temporary distraction from the real world a couple of times a day. I can even talk freely about my experiences and theories regarding evolutionary psychology and specifically the influence wealth/status/power has on the mating game, without being roasted on a spit for calling it what it is.

I have a few more weeks and a couple hundred posts left before I decide, but a decision will be made.

The time has arrived.

Last edited:

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Str8up - hope you don't bail, I read what you post and try to incorporate it into the equation when I deal with women.

forward

Don Juan
Reaction score
In recent times your posts have been among the few I can typically trust. Though I'm silent most of the time (with brief posting spurts) I'd like to say you're posts are appreciated.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my God don't let the door hit your whiny ass on the way out. Jesus you have SS veterans here, with life experience who challenge your views, and you get into a tissy because they have good arguments for your sweeping generalizations. Not everyone has been what you've been through. Based on individual actions and "filtering" a lot of the mature men here have had pleasant experiences with women, not just bad. Your own truth has a LOT to do with the people you bring into your life. I don't know how you don't understand that.

I'll tell you what would be better for you. Start your own STR8UP forum and screen every person who wants to register. Ask them if they agree with everything you have to say and if they don't agree don't let them in. Only let the ones in who will parrot your every word. You get so goddamn butt hurt when someone shakes your rock solid beliefs. You gotta get over yourself man.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Maybe I'll start my own blog.
.... without being roasted on a spit for calling it what it is.
Awww, man you need a hug. Come here guy (((0)))
Now lets go to Baskins and get a double cone .

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just take a long break from posting as others have done Str8up.

Don't let the Next Level Lamer lifetime AFC's and morality crew saps get you down.

Rather think of them as a constant re-inforcer of why your views are superior.

Regardless whatever your decision is to stay, leave or just take a break I really do think you should get this blog idea of yours off the ground.

It will be refreshing to read your work without all the chumps disagreeing with it just so they can hold onto their fantasies of the quality woman.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll be back, they always come back,..

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
...studying and writing about women and the mating game
You mean studying and writing about your own interpretation of the mating game.

for calling it what it is.
That's the problem. There is no "way it is." There is only your opinion based on an extremely limited view of a vastly complex social system.

As soon as you assign meaning to "it," and find others who will reinforce that meaning by deluding yourselves that you've found "the secret behind the matrix," you lose all hope of self improvement.

Every interaction turns into a means to proving your "enlightened" view of things. Which in your case is a world where women are dangerous and not trustworthy. That is a horrible world, and I sincerely hope you escape from it.

And I don't mean to another country. I mean the prison you've constructed for yourself in your mind.

There are millions of people that don't share that view, and have happy, fulfilled lives.

Do guys that have been happily married for years believe men shouldn't get married?

Do people with solid natural game believe they should move to another country to find a "feminine" woman?

Do guys that consistently get laid and have to beat off women with a stick think there are no "quality women" out there?

If you don't get what you want from the world, you can do two things:

1) Blame the world,

or

2) Blame your skills. Realize you can improve your skills. And continue to interact with the world, and learn and improve without stopping until you get from the world that you want.

#1 easy. Most people do it. That's why you feel you have found "truth" simply because you can find so many people that agree with you.

#2 is much more difficult.

In your model, you blame the world, and that sucks because it leaves you with no options.

In the second model, you can always improve your skills of identifying, sorting, qualifying and enjoying women in exactly the way you like.

I have a few more weeks and a couple hundred posts left before I decide, but a decision will be made.

The time has arrived.
You'll never leave here because you get what you seek, and receive, which is corroboration and validation that it's not your fault you can't get the success you desire from women. It's the world's. Coming here and wringing your hands about how horribly messed up the world is and getting internet props is a fvckload easier, less dangerous, and easier on your ego than going out and cold approaching twenty women a day.

Good luck with that.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Str8up,

I think you'll enjoy the break. I took about a year off as my wife was having our daughter. Basically, the time away did me good. Sometimes sitting back and observing things - without a place to turn to debate or question with others is a equally good thing. I think it's a needed step in reaching healthy awareness. Also, taking a break from this site gave me a bit more time for other new interests.

FWIW, I don't see you as bitter towards women (though I did when I first came back). But let me offer this. I have yet to meet a single person in my life who seemed truly happy and at peace when a clear tact to their life was avoiding (and warning others of) all the things that might make them unhappy.

I could have used the knowledge from this site to spend the rest of my life single, meeting every type of woman there is and never committing to a LTR. It's very possible that I would have been very happy. Instead I used the knowledge from this site to understand women, dating, attraction and relationships better. I had the attitude that there are plenty of great women out there, I'll just enjoy the game for what it is and if one really does it for me, wants to compliment my life and is worthy of being the mother of my child then I'd be open to being a husband and father. Will it end great or in flames - once again no one knows. I do know that the knowledge from this site combined with being more mature and selective has lead to this relationship being 1000x easier than all the others I have experienced. Today when I come home my daughter (of 16months) runs up to me smiling begging for a huge hug. I feel truly happy and at peace in that moment. I know it won't last forever which makes it even more precious.

My point is probably obvious. I don't think I would have gotten to this point with a primary emphasis of avoiding all that would make me unhappy. I know you're really going to want to respond to this post to defend your position or challenge mine or whatever. But I think for once you should do exactly what said in the OP - take that break - actions not words! I know you even left yourself some wiggle room (a few hundred posts). Screw that. That's just an excuse not to take that next big step (whatever if may be).

Then come back in a year or two or 10 and tell us what's changed. You'll be surprised.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Str8up, your writing style does you wrong. For the most part, by and large, your writing style shoots from the hip and off the top of your head, which is not the way to go with controversial subjects. Contrast that style with my style of obsessively and anally citing academic sources to everything I say. Your style violates the nineth law of power to "show not tell." By demonstrating rather than telling, you strip people of their ability to argue and compel them to listen. You can be a great contributor of evolutionary psychology, you just need to improve your style.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cry me a river.

This is exactly why I don't often engage you in conversation over this subject. I honestly think you're just too sensitive. And you're also quick to go off the deep end when somebody challenges your point of view.

I actually think you're a cool guy, in an interwebs sort of way. I think you have game. You whine a little much, but eh, we all do sometimes. I don't agree with your hard and fast principles, and obviously alot more people here don't either, but that's no reason to go getting pissy at sosuave.com.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Straight eight,
Well I enjoy your posts,don't always agree but it takes all kinds....For what it is worth your writing skills are still steadily improving,and gradually you are getting a viable personal philosophy sorted out....I really do think that your business would improve if you spent less time writing,but it seems to be what you want to do and you are getting very good at it.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Just take a long break from posting as others have done Str8up.

Don't let the Next Level Lamer lifetime AFC's and morality crew saps get you down.

Rather think of them as a constant re-inforcer of why your views are superior.

Regardless whatever your decision is to stay, leave or just take a break I really do think you should get this blog idea of yours off the ground.

It will be refreshing to read your work without all the chumps disagreeing with it just so they can hold onto their fantasies of the quality woman.
Kx, com'n man... let sleeping dogs lie...

what does this have to do with anything at NLG..?

to be quite honest. the way Str8 is feeling. is the exact reason WHY I decided to take a break and join NLG.

sometimes you just feel as if you hit your peak and need to seek other sources of outlet

but this thread isnt about that.. so...

addressing the origin of the thread..

many ppl have contemplated on taking a "break" from posting, whether it be just reading threads and not reply, or a total "break". . which if i remember correctly, you have done in the past as well.

but i dont think there is ever a reason to simply "hang it up".

there are SO MANY different views, ideas, etc, that i would never want to close myself from.

sometimes its worth digging in the trash , to find the gem buried beneath it.

it may be months that pass, and you seem to not be getting what you want from this forum, or seem as if other posters ..just dont "get it". which will happen from time to time.

there may be times where you feel that there is no more room for growth here. i have personally felt that several times here.

but the amazing thing is that even from the most outragous threads, i find something. i learn something different. i see how someone from a different background, different lifestyle handles certain situations.

you can never stop growing. you just have to be OPEN to it

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I would rather spend a few minutes a day catching up on roissy and other bloggers who "get it" than continue to debate people here on the dozens of reasons why a man should never get married and other topics that never fail to strike an emotional nerve with the ego-invested masses.
If I've ever been insensitive on this point you try to make, I hope you understand it comes from the fact that I've had 16 wonderful years of marriage, and counting. I guess I'm one of those that don't "get it", per personal experience. Imagine what it'd take for me to agree with you despite my experience?!?

We live in a "blame something else other than yourself" society and there's nothing I can do to change that. So if your marriage fails, the only appropriate, American thing to do - and especially the SS thing to do - is to either blame the woman or the institution of marriage. Blaming yourself in any way (picking the wrong woman, not contributing to the marriage, not being an effective marital partner, managing money poorly, not pulling your own weight, neglecting your wife, etc.), when it comes to marriage, is a very anti-SS thing to do. We are men and the world is out to get us! That's the SS spirit!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP,

I've always enjoyed your posts and more often than not agree with you. Hope you stick around.

There will always be people who disagree with you. If you want to start a blog free of dissent, essentially a one-way conduit of opinion, that's your prerogative.

Just keep in mind that an argument should stand on its own merits. Labeling those who disagree as people who don't "get it" reeks of intellectual superiority and frustration. You won't change many minds by telling people they are clueless. A discussion board is an exchange of ideas, and while not all ideas are equal, like I said they should stand or fall on their own merits. At day's end, there will always be those who choose superstition over empirical evidence.

Anyway, hope you stick around nonetheless, and if you did start a blog, I'd be a regular reader.

SS

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thunder- you are part of the reason this site has turned into a circlejerk of half reformed AFC's who have the incessant need to reinforce their denial to allow them to hold onto the last vestiges of hope that they weren't lied to about almost EVERYTHING for the past 20-30 years.

KX and Rollo- no break....I'm out for good. 7000 will be my last post. I like discussing this stuff but it's reached the tipping point where you can't have a discussion about women without everyone breaking in "defending" them when they were never being attacked in the first place. It's like they hear what they want to hear and at the same time create a bunch of noise to keep them from having to assimilate the unpleasant truth.

Rogue- You're right. But I'm not here to win popularity contests so I'm not going to sugar coat anything. The problem we have is that the message is SO much of a threat to what people hold dear, that even writing style can only go so far.

Take roissy. That dude can write. That's part of his appeal. But it still doesn't make people take off their blinders.

tokyojoe said:
That's the problem. There is no "way it is." There is only your opinion based on an extremely limited view of a vastly complex social system.
No, you have it completely backwards. I have perspective. That's why a lot of people can't relate. Guys who fall into marriage with a decent woman at an early age (azanon), guys who have never experienced the wealth/status/power effect, and/or guys who have never seen the powers that "game" can have over women tend to be a little naive. My words threaten the fantasy they have built around relationships and women.

Which in your case is a world where women are dangerous and not trustworthy. That is a horrible world, and I sincerely hope you escape from it.
PEOPLE generally aren't trustworthy. That's a fact that you choose to ignore to make life seem worth living.

Do guys that have been happily married for years believe men shouldn't get married?
Of course not. Since they happened to find themselves in a rare situation, they are going to champion marriage. Doesn't change the fact that it's a raw deal for the vast majority of men who choose to follow that path.

Do people with solid natural game believe they should move to another country to find a "feminine" woman?
If they are sick of dealing with chicks who want to fight them instead of working WITH them, then yes. If they are looking for something other than a quick fukk, yes.

Do guys that consistently get laid and have to beat off women with a stick think there are no "quality women" out there?
Especially so, because they know how women are and what women are capable of.

If you don't get what you want from the world, you can do two things:

1) Blame the world,

or

2) Blame your skills. Realize you can improve your skills. And continue to interact with the world, and learn and improve without stopping until you get from the world that you want.
I am all about personal accountability, and if this were 1956 you would have a valid point. But today's society produces women who for the most part are undateable.

#1 easy. Most people do it. That's why you feel you have found "truth" simply because you can find so many people that agree with you.

#2 is much more difficult.
No, very FEW people agree with me. Most of America today is still living in AFC land.

In your model, you blame the world, and that sucks because it leaves you with no options.
No, I blame the fukked up society we live in today. I have plenty of options, and one of them includes moving somewhere where women don't want to be men.

Coming here and wringing your hands about how horribly messed up the world is and getting internet props is a fvckload easier, less dangerous, and easier on your ego than going out and cold approaching twenty women a day.
I have no desire to approach 20 women a day. That's for guys who try to fukk as many women as possible or guys who are wife shopping.

azanon said:
If I've ever been insensitive on this point you try to make, I hope you understand it comes from the fact that I've had 16 wonderful years of marriage, and counting. I guess I'm one of those that don't "get it", per personal experience. Imagine what it'd take for me to agree with you despite my experience?!?
And I can't blame you. If you found a decent woman and you are happy with your situation, good on ya. But the exception doesn't make the rule.

We live in a "blame something else other than yourself" society and there's nothing I can do to change that. So if your marriage fails, the only appropriate, American thing to do - and especially the SS thing to do - is to either blame the woman or the institution of marriage. Blaming yourself in any way (picking the wrong woman, not contributing to the marriage, not being an effective marital partner, managing money poorly, not pulling your own weight, neglecting your wife, etc.), when it comes to marriage, is a very anti-SS thing to do. We are men and the world is out to get us! That's the SS spirit!
I'm the FIRST to preach that it is the man's responsibility to maintain a relationship, but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of the time it is an uphill battle that sometimes cannot even be won.

208 left to go!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Str8up, as much as I enjoy blasting your views at times, you do have some good insight and a lot of experience in certain areas, which is valuable to readers.

That said, I think SS is affecting your worldview (or at least woman-view) because you feel you have to constantly defend your position against the "haters". Yeah, there are posters who like to hate on you, and I can understand why because your delivery is often whiny and accusatory. But, on the other hand, you have the benefit of some very intelligent and experienced Men here who will challenge your absolute arguments and positions, even if they agree in other areas.

The fact that you even posted this says you want your decision validated. If you're gonna go, just go. Come back in a year if you want with some freshness. Start a blog. I have one, and I dont really care to advertise it. It's an outlet for me and if someone stumbles upon it and likes it, sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.