50 yo guy and 26 yo girl ?

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a girl at work about 26 years old
that I've had some interest in for a while.
I was on vacation last week, so this week I was thinking I'd ask her out for lunch to possibly get things going.
Well, this week I find out she's interested in another guy at work who is 50, and apparently this interest has been going on for a while.
He likes her, but says she may be a bit young, and I know she wants children and he's not sure.
Has anyone heard of a long term relationship like this working out? I'm kind of hoping this doesn't work out (for my sake) and he's not even sure about her
anyway !!

salsipuedes

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your intentions with this woman? i hope you don't want kids, by the time they where 20 theres a good chance your not going to be there and thats not good, i think the woman is old enough to know what she likes and what she wants.

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
He is 50, not me. I'm asking if anyone has known similar situations (age difference)
and what the outcome was.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigFoot
He is 50, not me. I'm asking if anyone has known similar situations (age difference)
Knowing whether there are similar situations and whether they had positive outcomes will not make any difference whatsoever. It's not like you're gonna tell her these stories and she's gonna start choosing you over the 50 year old dude.

Even if it doesn't work out between the 2 of them, what makes you think you would be her next choice? Her choosing someone else over you at this point in time should be a clear indication that you're second best to this guy. Things may change later on, but you don't freakin think about it now. You just let it flow.

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's not common for that type large of an age diff. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but it's definitely not common.

Regardless, you've got the wrong mentality. Focus'ing on ONE female only, is not the way of the Don Juan. Obsession = failure as a DJ.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ask Anna Nicole Smith...

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...Has anyone heard of a long term relationship like this working out? I'm kind of hoping this doesn't work out (for my sake) and he's not even sure about her
anyway !!
ha - do a search on don steele or at steelballs.com. he does the how to date young women thing and sizes these things up pretty good. you'd be the possible "jimmy" in this equation. love him or hate him, it's an engaging read

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are correct. I'm wasting my time, esp. since she seems to like him quite abit. It just took me by surprise I guess coming back from vacation and seeing this going on.