50 year old players? Funny old dude..

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys believe that you can stay sane throughout your life while being single? I mean like well into your 50s or something?

I can't remember anyone I've met who was still single at that age and seemed balanced. I mean its a different story if you've been married, divorced, whatever.

Sure there are some men in their 40s who seem to be doing great being DJs, like George Clooney for example, but its hard finding examples older than that.

I was thinking about this because I saw the creepy old guy this weekend again. You know, like "the guy". Every city/hood has one.

Well ours is a total player. Probably 50-55. White dude with like a greying afro. Rich. Drives around in a ferrari droptop. But the dude is creepy as hell. I mean half the time he drives around in his ferrari, top down, and without a shirt. You know, showing off the 50 year old physique. Even when its like only 70 out.. In the really urban areas.. He literally cruises the streets, i think looking for pvssy. I mean like you see him going around the same couple blocks for like an hour. Kinda hard to miss an old topless white guy with an afro in a ferrari convertible, ya know? Sure, sometimes he has babes with them. But they always seem to be the artificial plastic surgery babes, and I don't mean it in a good way. I mean like just as creepy as him.

Anyway, i've heard he is rich but crazy, never been married, obsessed with really really young women and so on.

I also had a rich 48 year old boss who was pretty similar. Never had a relationship longer than a year or two, never married, hated kids. He was a total self-centered primadonna, and I don't mean it in a good way. I mean like a mean selfish old man. His favorite thing to do was pick on help at restaurants and stores. He also went travelling by himself all the time, and came back with pictures of really young girls.. LOL.

Zackzarack

Reaction score
I just became 51 last week and I consider myself as pretty normal.

Ok, I'm not the kind of DJ you mean but let me share my experience with beeing a 51 year old DJ. Last spring I came out of my 3rd LTR (They went over 20 years).

A couple of months ago I came across sosuave. I did the bootcamp just for myself and made great progress. Lost all fear talking to women. (That could be a generall consequence of age, I guess) On an average week I use to #close 1-4 HBs, call 1-2 and get layed maybe 1-2 times a month. I have no urge to go into another LTR in the near future.

My mother is 84 and she has a french FB about 70 years old. I'm pretty sure he has more HBs (suppose his limit is 100y;) in France and elsewhere.

I know, as long as my heart beats, there will always be women in my life.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Grandfather became single less then 20 years ago when his wife died, he was 72.

For the last 12-13 years of his life my grandfather did not stop hooking up with women 15-20 years younger then him. The man lived in a one bedroom senior citizen apartment and every time I visited him, he had a different woman cooking up dinners for him, cleaning up for him and I know having sex with him. He was still hooking up until the day he died at the age of 85.

I rather end up being a creepy playa like my grandfather then being in a lifeless misrable marriage until the day I died.

DjDamage

OrioleMagic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zackzarack, damn your mom is a player. I'll be happy if I can have sex at 84, and am not hooked up to some machine or 6 feet under. How many plates is your mom spinning? :up:

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoist said:
I also had a rich 48 year old boss ... His favorite thing to do was pick on help at restaurants and stores.
This is kinda radically off-topic, but this reminds me of this guy I know. The dude's sole interest seems to be waitresses, bartenders, waitresses, etc. He breaks every rule in the bible. He is pretty AFC. I used to wonder why all the waitresses, but it occured to me he has minimal backbone and he goes after women who are basically captive (servers) and who are paid to be friendly.

OK, this may deserve a future thread :eek:

Alerosa

Reaction score
I'm 59. When I was young I didn't have time or money for women as I was striving to get an education so I could find a job. Once I finished my Univ. degree and found a job, I found a women who I married within a year. She died 13 years ago and I was single for nearly 10 years. Five years ago I met a widow and we married within two years. Unfortunately I think she was on the rebound as once we got married her interests seemed to turn to other things like family, grandkids, shopping, doctor's visits, spa's, etc. Maybe she just needed a handyman around. I don't know if the relationship will last much longer as I seem to be on the "make" (even at my age). I know I will not stay in the relationship if it keeps me unhappy, and will keep looking for someone compatible as long as I am able and the interest is there.

Zackzarack

Reaction score
How many plates is your mom spinning?
Well, she's not the sexmaniac you seem you want to become when your at her age.

There might be more in the future, cause she survived all her men (4) in the past :trouble:

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, the original post seems to suggest that when you hit 50, you need to dry up and blow away. Sorry, not me. I was married in my 20's, then divorced. Had a couple of LTR's since. Right now, at 57, I'm often mistaken by the young 'uns as being in my late 30's (If you have a "baby face" now, rejoice--and hit the gym). I'm hit on by women in their 30's and up (and sometimes, rarely, 20 year olds), but I'm seeing a HB63 year old, who also had "lucky genes" and is constantly hit on by 20-30 year old guys. (Her mom at 90 is often mistaken for early 60's). My HB has kept herself in shape (36C-23-35 @ 5' 6"), dresses nicely, is sane, and is active. We go out and do all sorts of "adult" fun things (plays, concerts, wine tasting, cooking classes etc--forget the "clubs"!) and have a great time together. So, guess what, Life doesn't end at 50!!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a 70something fellow who hangs out with a lot of hot 20something gals. May not sex 'em, but they love to hang out with him. He is a very confident fellow, who they find quite charming.

And then there's that other guy, whatshisname ... Jack Nicholson. I'm sure some of you have heard of him.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some guys who are 50 and never married, but you won't find them with their shirt off in their Ferrari. No, they just quietly rot away somewhere.

Should you pity the Ferrari man and his plastic friends. Maybe he just looked at the alternatives and found it was the lesser of a number of evils. You know you could think of him as a brave adventurer, a Don Quixote figure, cruising out to face the onslaught of rejection by bimbos with nothing going for them other than the brief flicker of passing youth. He could very well be just like Col. Frank Slade in Scent of a Woman. For all we know...

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I know a 70something fellow who hangs out with a lot of hot 20something gals. May not sex 'em, but they love to hang out with him. He is a very confident fellow, who they find quite charming.

And then there's that other guy, whatshisname ... Jack Nicholson. I'm sure some of you have heard of him.
Jack Nicholson is creepy, and that has nothing to do with the creepy roles he plays :D Have you seen him at a Lakers game yelling at the refs? :D He is the perfect example of the creepy old man.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
by the way, me not imply that old people can't be single and happy.

me imply that people with a lack of meaningful relationships in their life can end up a little off. :)

I mean people who are still single at 50, but at least had a couple of quality LTRs, perhaps a divorce or two - they are ok.

Its the ones that were never able to be in a good relationships worry me.

So like I am not worried about Hugh Heffner or those of you who've had your share but now in a player mode at 50-60-70.. Just those other ones.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Ive heard of numerous coaches in college/pro sports that have affairs with women much younger. Some continue to be players through life. I know its because they have money and a profile though but still.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SeldomSeen said:
Ive heard of numerous coaches in college/pro sports that have affairs with women much younger. Some continue to be players through life. I know its because they have money and a profile though but still.
well, money + power/prestige/fame = more available pvssy to choose from, so there you go.

obviously its easier to be an older player when you have some of that.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoist said:
well, money + power/prestige/fame = more available pvssy to choose from, so there you go.

obviously its easier to be an older player when you have some of that.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
-- Henry Alfred Kissinger

Speaking of "older players"!:rockon: