Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3rd annual Anti-approach anxiety competition

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing these logs on Evernote which is a really solid note taking app if you haven't tried it. So, if my posts get repetitive or disjointed, it's because I log as I go. That and I hate proofreading so you get what you get.

Tuesday:
I really don't feel it, but I have to try. Between turning 40 this week, losing contact with a girl that had no business being my oneitis, getting rejected hard on my first # attempt, starting a 5x5 routine and beginning a half marathon training plan I feel low. I've got to battle through though.

I decided to change things up and go to Starbucks. I walk in and there's only one attractive girl but she seems to be involved with a guy. I get in line and a HB6 gets in behind me. She's eyeing the pastries so I say, they all look really good. She points to the little vanilla things and says she likes those. If she liked them a little less she'd be a solid HB7.5. She has a really cute face. By now it's my turn to order and I don't continue this. I guess I could have practiced. Getting a number, but oh well.

A rather thick HB5 came in later and was definitely giving me the eye. She had big mammaries but was a little too thick for me. Still she gave me a stiffy and for whatever reason I felt like I could have taken her home right then. Didn't pull the trigger, but maybe that got my mojo back. We'll see.

Before leaving Starbucks a cute black girl came in that was a solid HB7. Great body, but I don't normally go for black girls. I seriously considered approaching but I got freaked out that she might have graduated recently from the school I teach at. That's always in the back of my mind and keeps me from approaching anyone that's not clearly 25+. I could have asked her if she had graduated from the school, if she says no or anything that might have been a green light. Oh well. Starbucks seems to have a pretty good vibe. I can go in and read for a while which is much more productive than sitting at home watching TV. It's cheaper than a bar, and it seems to have a steady stream of decent quality women for the suburbs. I'm going to try and make a point of going through a SB rotation so that I'm not at the same one all the time.

The funny thing is that after helping out one of the teams at school I was at a stop light trying to decide between going straight or turning right. I turned right to try Starbucks figuring if the lot was empty I'd go home and have the nap I was craving. Glad I turned right.

I had to run to Wally World after the cafe and while I was there ran into a couple of girls that were pretty attractive but I didn't talk to for the age reason I've already written about.

I was in the cosmetics area looking for grooming stuff that I read about in The Attraction Formula (someone in the contest suggested this book and I'm enjoying it) when a HB5.5 shopper turned the corner. I figured if nothing else it was a chance to practice my approach even though I couldn't count it. I asked her where the tweezers were and she took me to the aisle. She told me that such and such brand was the best as she walked off. I asked her why that was the case even though she clearly was leaving. She said that the others don't get the job done and she always has to come back for the other brand. Good practice if nothing else.

One more stop at the real grocery store hoping for some HB action. It was pretty dead, but as I made my rounds I ran into a solid HB8. I asked her how she was doing and she said fine thanks in a nice way even though it was clear she was in a hurry. That's the thing about the grocery stores, all the HB7+ girls seem to be in a hurry. I feel like I have to chase them down to talk to them. I need to be more assertive when I talk to them. That's something Janka talks about in that book. Interjecting even if it feels akward. I need to get better at that. Still, I feel like it's good for me to slow down and not leave when a place appears dead. So, where's the line?

If I end up counting this as an approach it's because I screwed up again this week. As I write this I'm not counting it even though it's a girl I'd never have talked too three months ago. I'd have just followed her around from about 10 feet away.

Wednesday:

HB7 at dance class. During the break I asked her to dance. She accepted so off we go. I'm learning country western dance, so during the dance I don't talk much because at this point it messes up my count. When the song is over we leave the floor and another song starts up and she's standing next to me still so I ask her to dance again. She's quiet but when we finish the song she checks her phone and comes back over to me. I'm making it a point of not hovering over her and as she's one of the more attractive girls in class tonight I'm feeling good. I ask her about her work and we chat about that a little just as her "boyfriend" comes in for the rest of class and wedges in between us. Oh well, HB1/5 #0/1

On the way out I see a leggy redhead leaving in front of me. I ask her what level she's taking and she says 3 and asks me. Body was a 8 and face was a 6. I'll average that out to a HB7. HB2/5 #0/1

Seriously guys, look into the dance classes.

Thursday:

Stopped at Starbucks again. An HB8 breezes in and gets her stuff. I'm thinking I need to approach this girl but I can't. I'm seated, she's in line and there's only one other person in here with three workers. It seems awkward. I need to fight through that. She leaves and I think, I should have playfully told her to slow down. Might have worked, might not. I'm keeping a separate journal of encounters that prove difficult with responses so that maybe I'll be ready next time.

I'm at my favorite bar considering going to a county dance club solo. I'd like to practice my two step but I'm nervous about it. Then it occurs to me, tomorrow who will give a f*** if I went or not? Me. I'd rather go tonight and crash and burn than regret a other day inside myself.

So I drove to this huge country bar and had my plan of action set. And the place is empty. Oh well.

Friday:

It's my 40th and I'm determined not to live the next 40 years (God willing) as an AFC.

I went to the mall to get some jeans and see what the action is like. There's a ton of people, but mostly teenagers and adult HBs with mom in tow. Seriously? Can't you leave mom at home? I did see one cute HB7.5 quickly (what else is new?) going the other way, so I changed course and hustled to try and get to her without running. By the time I catch up she's at the Apple store and talking with a guy about the new iphone 5.

Later a cute HB7 MILF with a ring on makes eye contact with me and we smile. I'd pursue, but the wedding band is a no go.

I have to help one of the athletic teams tonight then I'm going to try the country dance scene again.

So I went to the country bar. I think I made a few mistakes. I waited too long to ask a girl to dance and being solo I think that hurt. I also asked a HB8 who was with her friend.

Me: you want to dance? (say 'let's dance' next time).
Her: I would but I'm getting ready to take a shot.
Me smiling and thinking of what to say.
Me: you can get the shot later.
HBfriend: we have to take shots together.
Me giving a what the duck look.
HB: I'll come find you later.

I jetted. HB3/5 #0/1

I tried to salvage the night by going to a couple of my favorite bars. At the first there was a bunch of younger people that were having a blast but I was still pissed. Got a few looks from fatties. One HB7 yelled across the room that she new me from Bdubs. She must be a waitress there. I don't proceed.

At the second bar a HB7.5 immediately comes up to me to chat. She knew me because she used to work at the bar I just left. We talk a little bit and before I know it another HB7.5 comes over. The same player's mom that scared me out of the same bar six days ago. We chat until last call and she continues to look better and better. Still, I can't cross this bridge. Her son is still in our program and it could be professional suicide. At least I got an ego boost at the end of the night.

I need to get that damn number.

Saturday:

I'll try again today, but I'm having a pity party right now.

Went to volunteer at the dog shelter then run. My pace was super slow today. When I finished I thought of a response to that girl who turned me down last night:

Me: Lets dance.
HB8: I'm getting a shot.
Me: Then give me your number.
HB8: What? I don't give my number out.
Me: Then lets dance. It's one or the other.

What do you guys think?

I went back to the scene of the rejection and ran into a coaching buddy. I danced with some girls and had a great time. ,

I headed to the same bar I finished at last night and the girl that was making googly eyes at me is there HB7. She seems to be ignoring me so I go over and introduce myself. It's awkward, and she introduces a guy that's hovering over her.

HB4/5 #0/1

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I got a number!!!! HB7 sitting at the end of one of my favorite bars. I go over and start a drunken conversation. Long story short I get the number. I'm drunk as i write this, but at least I have another week.

HB5/5 #1/1

I'll try to give details in a later post if you want. For now...bed

Last edited:

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said I was writing a school leaving examination this week so I didn't have much time to approach. I didn't even look on this forum what the next challenge was. Though I was out in a club and approached 4 HB7+, though I didn't know that I should number close so I got no numbers.

But that isn't much of a problem, one of the girls is from my school so we will definitely see eachother again. Anyway I also didn't get the numbers because I'm already dating one girl and if I tried to date another the news might sprad real quickly in such a small town that I live in.

EDIT: Lol, I actually got a number, though it was because a female friend of mine was really drunk and her female friend told me to call her if she needed to be taken care of. So that probably doesn't count but still.

Last edited:

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was sick last weekend and couldn't go out so i should get a strike.

last Sunday when i felt better i decided to start a no fap challenge. still on it. it's been a week so far. feel pretty good.

been put this past fri and sat. been epic. friday was ok. but sat was the better night.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2016059&posted=1#post2016059

there is my thread about it.

Last edited:

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
More details on the number close.

HB7 is sitting by herself at the end of the bar. I know the bartenders and most of the waitstaff at this bar (what's new?) and so moving next to her freaks me out a little bit. What if I crash and burn? Will I be the joke of this bar? It's not busy and seldom is when I'm there. There's something to be said for the reputation I've built there, at least to me.

F*** it. I go sit next to her and the bartender does give me a weird look. I manage to squeak out "what's up?". I don't think she heard me. Oh well. I have a beer and ask her about the flavor of wings she got. That opens everything up. Before you know it she's telling me about her job and the art she does. After a while it's time to go and I tell her to give me her number and we'll have coffee. She says, "coffee" kind of like whatever but gives me her number. I text her and she gets the message. Legit number.

Another edit:

I made it a point to talk to several girls but these are the ones who met my quota.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read any posts yet but you guys have until 11:59 pm CST to post before I tally up the results and hand out strikes/issue the next challenge.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just couldn't get it done this week, again uni work had me under the thumb. I did get 2/5 but no numbers, needed a little more time.

I probably should have done better, I went out twice this week, with Saturday being an all day drinking/rugby fest for the six nations, I was in a hall of 1000 students and I only managed one conversation, after the sport had finished and we had left for town.

Dissapointing is the word, that was a really good opportunity.

Gunner

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hitting the eject button. Thanks to the contest, I've definitely seen improvement and I'm spending the majority of my time spinning.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti-AA Finals

coachD
packers2010

Good work you two. Especially CoachD since he fully completed the challenge. You two are the only ones who submitted something and therefore are the only two left standing. You two will duke it out for the final challenge.

Approach 4hb8+s and get 2 numbers.

eliminated
parad0x
Dali tx o
JohnChops
Nobodycares1
Thechosenone2190
Nite
Wolfbones
gunner26
Uncharted
Plutoman

Good work you guys but unfortunately, you are eliminated.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably the biggest thing I've learned from this contest and the forum in general is that there are available women around me everyday. Not as many as if I lived in a highly populated urban area like NYC, but some. My job makes it hard to meet girls since my co-workers are usually married and/or unattractive.

The mall has been nothing but a bust for me when you consider I live about 10 miles from two different malls. I don't have the time or money to go to a mall only to find a bunch of kids or older married daughters with their moms. Not to say I'll never go hunting at the mall, but I'll only do it when I need to be at the mall. Imagine that.

The grocery store, Starbucks and dance lessons have been there all along, but I never opened my damn eyes to the women that were available at these places. Granted, I never went to Starbucks or dance lessons until the last few weeks, but there are women there. As my game gets better the prospects at these places will improve. But the grocery store has been a pleasant surprise. I've always heard about meeting women there, but I've never looked. I hate going to the store but now I'm planning on going every couple of days and just getting the supplies I need for the next couple of meals. Just today I noticed a cute HB7 making eye contact. Like an idiot I didn't go over, but there she was. Yesterday a tall MILF was shopping with her daughters. She was almost as tall as me and all it would have taken was me asking if she had played basketball. There's the opener.

Even though I'm not moving on these girls the fact of the matter is that I never saw them previously. I was too angry and frustrated to open my eyes to what was around me.

Thanks Gray for this contest. Regardless of what happens this week I've turned a corner and you played a big part in that.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow. I'm in dead second?!

what happened? all i know it's last weekend I had a really good few sets ( thanks to not fapping no less) and the weekend before that I was sick.

i will try me best this week though I really feel like coachD deserves to win. he has made a a really good effort with this and stuck with it. he is a noobie and hasn't done this before. I have. so I knew what to expect.

good luck this week man. I will try my best. I too have seen some inprovment in my game this time around also. i though i was still new at this, but this have been opening up for me. i though the game was hard, but after last weekend. it's feels like it's getting easier.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good deal. Good luck. This will be hard for me. I'll have to get out of my comfort zone.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that will be nice when this is over is not feeling like I have to go hustle every night. Just let it happen at the grocery/Starbucks and dance club when I feel like it.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
So it occurred to me today why a bartender that I've had serve me half a dozen times got a lot friendlier to me last night when I was leaving the bar. She was working the floor and I'm on at the bar. But the number I got last Saturday to finish the weekly challenge happened while this girl was bar tending.

I think the fact that I got out of my seat and went to talk to and end up getting the number of the girl actually upped my cred with this girl. Even though she's married I definitely got a flirtatious vibe from her as I was leaving. I even stopped to talk with her for 2 or 3 minutes on my way out.

I could be wrong, but that's the affirmation I'm going to give myself as I hit it this weekend.