Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

30lb of muscle in 3 months

Reaction score
this was the claim on skinnyguy.net...but again i heard others say that there is no trick, just eat the ratio every 3 hours and lift correctly..

but 30 pounds in 3 months seemed tooooo outrageous to me, i have been bulking for 5 months and only got about 12 lb following diesel's workout routin, this was with almost no slacking and stuffing myself with food everyday.

about gaining weight, i know its different for everybody, but does 35lb in 12 weeks sound too good to be true? how much did you gain in the first 3 months?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
this was the claim on skinnyguy.net...but again i heard others say that there is no trick, just eat the ratio every 3 hours and lift correctly..

but 30 pounds in 3 months seemed tooooo outrageous to me, i have been bulking for 5 months and only got about 12 lb following diesel's workout routin, this was with almost no slacking and stuffing myself with food everyday.

about gaining weight, i know its different for everybody, but does 35lb in 12 weeks sound too good to be true? how much did you gain in the first 3 months?
30lbs in 3 months.. was he black? if he had amazing elite genetics I can believe it since I've seen it done before. but there's no way anyone on this forum has that sort of genes - if you do, you wouldn't be asking this question, lol.

and there's NO WAY IN HELL you can follow a set ratio (which is not customised to your individual metabolism) of macros and gain optimally.

by the way diesel's workout and diet plan are far from optimal.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible. I put on 42lbs in 4 months:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=923892

However, there are some considerations:

1) If you mean a straight 30lbs of muscle tissue it's impossible. Muscle is 80% water and glycogen. Factor in fat gain and more hydration, and it won't be 30. 30lbs of weight on the other hand, mostly muscle (muscle meaning muscle tissue and the water held therein) and some fat is certainly achievable.

2) Your training history has a lot to do with your success. My big gains occured because I was noticeably underweight and this was my first time on a serious program. These are known as beginner gains, and yes they can be crazy especially on skinny kids.

3) Your body type/current weight has a lot to do with your success.

4) Your training program has a lot to do with your success. Mine was a 3 day full body split consisting ONLY of compounds - squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, power cleans, all heavy. Squatting 3x/week.

5) Your diet has a lot to do with your success. Simply "stuffing yourself" isn't the best way to go about it. You need to figure out what you're stuffing yourself with and when.

This has helped countless people trying to get big, it may help you: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=750551

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
It's possible. I put on 42lbs in 4 months:
Don't kid yourself - your genetics are exceptional and you're one in a billion if you achieved this. It's possible but definitely not for 99% of trainers. Further congratulations!

Reaction score
im asian, so that might even make it slower...just to confirm, following Diesel's nutritional info is good? so is lifting 3 days a week?

thanks

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
im asian, so that might even make it slower...just to confirm, following Diesel's nutritional info is good? so is lifting 3 days a week?

thanks
I said they are FAR from optimal, lol.

Tell me about yourself, your stats, how ecto/endo you are, training experience etc.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Don't kid yourself - your genetics are exceptional and you're one in a billion if you achieved this. It's possible but definitely not for 99% of trainers. Further congratulations!
Warboss thank you for the compliments but I'm not one in a billion, far from it. I realize I have good genes but compared to what I've seen firsthand, they're far from what I would call "amazing". I posted the links specifically to display a proven program and my personal results from it. If you frequent BB.com (not sure if you do or not, but you seem knowledgeable) you'll see that there are plenty of other people making the same beginner gains as myself, or at least close to it. Point is, if you're skinny and clearly underweight, you should be able to pack on a lot of mass fast with the right combination of training, diet, rest, and motivation.

Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I said they are FAR from optimal, lol.

Tell me about yourself, your stats, how ecto/endo you are, training experience etc.
as of now i weight about 140 lb (thanks to bootcamp) 5'8, i have some fat on the obliques abs and thighs, but i can still see my abs without flexing. i have underdeveloped legs and back, but i play soccer and run long distance (about 10 miles) so i have endurance there.

upperbody im not strong, (i bench about 130lb only) but since the army only test you on push-ups and chinups, i can do 50 push ups and about 20 chin ups...

no medical problems, i did follow diesel's program in feburary until august, i ended up at 155 lb or so...(i gained about 13 lb in 6-7 months) but in september i enlisted in the reserves forces, so now due to lack of sleep and food shortages i have dropped back down to 140.

this summer im going away for 4 months of training, so i would really like to get to 160+ lb if possible, or as much as i can gain.

my muscles are still distinct, my arms and chest didnt shrink a lot (14 inch arms, 38 chest, 28 waist...never worked out legs) now its about (13 inch arms, 35 chest and 27 waist)...when i wear a t-shirt i look alrite, but when i wear a long overcoat, i look like i have the body type of a 14 year old!

now i am taking about 200 g of protein a day, mostly eggs, beef and whey powder, same amount of carbs (rice and fruits mostly), and i didn't measure the fat i eat. but i haven't been able to eat 6 meals a day

i am going to the gym on tuesday because i need monday to recover from bootcamp.

so I would really really appreciate any advice i can get to reclaim my weight.

shouts from a fellow soldier.