30 and single...To Sell My House and move into town?

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am thinking about working towards a significant life change.

Currently I am 30, single for about 8 months from a 7 year LTR (engaged for 2). I had worked very hard to buy property with land so we could enjoy privacy and have our horses kept at home. It all seemed perfect, but it was not. The relationship is over, horses are gone, and I am alone in a very rural location that is quite counterproductive to dating many women and racking up notches.

I put a lot of blood, sweat, tears and money into my place. I build a sweet 24x32 automotive shop to work on my car hobby. This was a great father and son project with my old man, and we are both proud of it.

I spend A TON of my free time taking care of my house and property, cutting and stacking firewood, repairing my car from driving on crappy mountain roads for two hours a day etc. All this seemed great, and it was just what I wanted given that I had a 'good' woman to share it with. I do still love this type of lifestyle, but its not conducive to being single AT ALL.

Of course, where I live, there are women around that could enjoy shacking up in a place like this. But I don't want to bank on finding one of these women.

I am sort of at a crossroads. I spend the majority of my money on mortgage, taxes and other house bills leaving me with very little ability to save or travel.

I do have a sweet lifestyle, but I feel like it has chained me down and locked me in. I have been going out in town with my single friends regularly and enjoying some success with women from this. However, this is a huge pain for me given that I live so far away. This town is literally crawling with attractive girls, and has so many great places to eat, drink and hang out. It’s basically a city for ideal for active young professionals. I could live there and still work my current job, and have an easier commute than I do now.

I spend quite a bit of time stressing about my position, I have no debt except my mortgage, but I feel like I have so much riding on my shoulders at any given time, and I have very little financial cushion.

Is it a stupid idea to basically get out of my house, sell everything I have worked the last 8 years for and start over living in an apartment in town, just so I can cultivate a "playboy" lifestyle? I doubt I will walk away with much cash, if any from the sale of the house.

TLDR: make a massive lifestyle change and give up years of work just to have an easier, more carefree/womanfull lifestyle.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would be possible to rent, but its a very rustic house (old log cabin, wood heat, pipes freeze if you are not vigilant etc). Could be a landlords nightmare.

Also, I don't think I could charge enough to cover mortgage, insurance and taxes, and thus I would not be any better off financially since apartments in the town I would move are really expensive.

I could rent it out, and rent a room from a friend who owns a house in said town, then I could probably swing the whole thing financially, but I don't know if renting a bedroom is exactly the playboy accommodations I am looking for.