I am thinking of doing a split like:

tuesday: back and biceps
wednesday: legs
Thursday: chest and triceps.

or

monday: back and biceps
wednesay: chest and triceps
thursday:legs

the reason being I pretty much go out most weekends on the friday or saturday and often both nights.

I read that recent thread, and know that alcohol and the gym don't really go together, but to be honest i'm not gonna stop, I am trying to cut down, but even my job involves drinking a bit.

So I figure I may as well try and work out around the weekend.

what do you reckon of the 2 splits above? especially the first one, is that to much in a short space of time?

I read your not meant to do squats and deadlifts in the same 48 hours, well I don't do deadlifts, only squats, so that shouldn't matter.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is far from an optimal split. If you really, really have to do this then go for the second option you posted.

If you're training back hard enough you shouldn't be able to even think about doing legs the next day (or vice versa).

You might just get away with chest before leg day but not for long. When your weights shoot up you'll have to revise the split as you simply won't be able to recover properly.

I'd recommend considering training twice a week in a 2 day split (Mon - Thu) and going truly balls out on those two workouts. If you really pump the intensity then you'll still be able to grow fairly well.

Then again, you've said your lifestyle is hampering your gains anyway, so it might not really make much of a difference. You grow outside the gym, not in it - it's how you spend your offdays (rest and nutrition-wise) that makes or breaks a bodybuilder.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback.

after having a think about it, I've decided i'm going to cut my drinking to 1 day a week, and maybe just try and start staying sober when going out.

Will be a challenge, drinking seems to be in my blood being irish, but i guess this game is about sacrafices.

Ok, back to the monday, wednesday, friday routine. :cheer: