Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3-5 day rule and texting

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does the 3-5 day rule after getting the phone number applies to texting? I am getting some long distance digits from girls living in smaller communities outside of Vancouver, so they suggest texting rather than calling. I could probably call anyway....though.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think she likes you, don't wait that long. Besides, dude, women are on to that 3-5 day rule.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, she approached me and I hit on her right there. I ve got socially proved by my friend's hot acquittance (those girls know each other), so she strutted next to me and asked for a smoke. I was tipsy, she was a bit tipsy and a little high... They have this very nice, fu*kable circle of girls and I would like to be "passed around" (can't screw this one up)

Say, 2 days and I call her, should be fine, right? I see others that say no way man, stick to the rule.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been saying this for years. The rules here are guidelines; they aren't fail proof.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not make it a full 7 if they're onto a 3-5 day rule? You'll still be the guy who is different.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer 2 day rule.

If you fone the next day your a chump.

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These rules are very loose and context sensitive. I've texted girls as soon as I leave the venue with their number and still gotten a date.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faded Image said:
I've been saying this for years. The rules here are guidelines; they aren't fail proof.

Yep. When I was younger and less confident, I would do the normal "Wait 2 days" thing. These days, I call/text when I want. I don't worry about coming off as needy because I'm truly not needy.

The only rule I abide by in texting is, don't spend a bunch of time doing the back and forth conversation. Set up your date in 1 or 2 messages and end the convo.

Maxfarsigth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rules come from experience. An theyre not exactly rules; just advice.
I think of two guys who have never had advice and have never known about the 3-5 or whatever days's rules:

A needy guy -> feels his chest is gonna pop if he doesnt call -> He calls right away and comes as needy -> Doesnt get the date.

A confident guy -> really doesnt feel inside he has to call right away -> He calls when he wants -> Gets the date.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxfarsigth said:
Rules come from experience. An theyre not exactly rules; just advice.
I think of two guys who have never had advice and have never known about the 3-5 or whatever days's rules:

A needy guy -> feels his chest is gonna pop if he doesnt call -> He calls right away and comes as needy -> Doesnt get the date.

A confident guy -> really doesnt feel inside he has to call right away -> He calls when he wants -> Gets the date.
Puts it in the perspective, very nice response.

Don't worry, we will dial her nicely.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats what I can't stand about girls, is knowing when not to draw the line when coming across as desperate, needy, clingy, or not interested.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
Does the 3-5 day rule after getting the phone number applies to texting? I am getting some long distance digits from girls living in smaller communities outside of Vancouver, so they suggest texting rather than calling. I could probably call anyway....though.
I have two questions?

1) Why are you dealing with women you can't see on a regular basis?

2) How does texting improve your game?

blackwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont believe in that rule bullcrap. i just text when i want or call.

seriously. if the girl likes you she doesnt care when or how.. this was said in another thread.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just do what your gutt tells you, not your brain. Sometimes calling on the same day is a good idea, sometimes calling a week after is. It depends on your interaction. I am sure your gutt know what is desperation and what isn't. The same apllies with texting, but honestly calling is better (in 99.9%) of circumstances lol.

NO MA'AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
I prefer 2 day rule.

If you fone the next day your a chump.
I think two days is best, definitely don't wait three. However, I wouldn't dismiss any guy who calls the next day as a chump. You have to assess the situation. In some situations, a next day call/text may be the only option.

For example, you number close a girl at a bar where she may have given her number out to five other guys that night. If you wait even the two days, she may forget. However, wait longer and ALL those guys could start calling.

As to the call/text debate, while many girls are heavily into texting, men should not allow themselves to fall into endless back-and-forth texting sessions. The exception could be where the girl has one of those phone plans that limits her minutes, which could be why she prefers text. Still, guys should minimize texting to only when needed.