Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

27 and nothing

styles07

Don Juan
Reaction score
27's not old. I'm 36 and finally taking care of this part of my life. You can do it and you MUST. My humble opinion is therapy before meds. If cost is an issue, try a group like catholic charities which offers counseling services on a sliding scale. There is an equally sad and inspiring truth in life which states that if you don't care about YOU, then no one else will. If you do take action/interest, women will follow suit. People have overcome much, much worse than the fear of talking to people. I hope these posts help but you must act. good luck.

newkenman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine this

I'll just put it out there...my name is Rick...I'm 36 years old...and...a...virgin. This is no joke.I must however describe to you all how this is so since I know most of you, if not all, are all asking the same question.."How could you go on 36 years and not get laid?" You see it's like this: I was born with a birth defect affecting my speech...I sound very VERYY nasally. I'm understandable but I do get the "What?" question every now and then. Now in high school, no luck happened there because my class was divided into 3 learning groups..Group A B and C.....I was in group C.....yep..you guessed it...the ones that weren't as smart as Group A or B. The people I was stuck with were either burnouts or were people that were too loud for my taste. The nicer people were from Groups A and B..but I rarely ever got a chance to know them...so no parties were I ever invited to, etc. I was mostly quiet...I had friends from grade school but they went to other high schools so we lost contact...but we reconvened some years later. ANYWAYS,...by the time I got to college, I didn't know how to approach women...I was too intimidated by them, and soooo self concious about my voice. This has been the case ever since. I have a good group of friends who try to encourage me by saying the same thing..that confidence is the key...but it's easier said than done. I don't know.....sounds to me like I'm looking for pity...in which i think I'll stop now...that's NOT what I want to do here. I just need advice..and PLEASE NO JOKES ABOUT ME BEING A VIRGIN...I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONNLLLY ONE IN MY AGE GROUP

newkenman

Don Juan
Reaction score
ummmm yeah i know dude...but if you think I'm going to search thru 418 posts for an answer to my question, you have to be kidding me..are you serious? No way.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skim through the 418 posts, dude. You don't have to do it all today.

Frankly, a speech impediment can be a big deal. I know a woman who has a constantly quavering voice; sounds like she's permanently terrified, and always about to break out in tears. Yikes.

Is there any surgery you can get to correct this? Have you searched hard through the online dating sites? You might have to find other people with speach impediments/impaired hearing.

newkenman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite frankly, I find it kind of offensive that you would suggest I seek people with other such disabilities. I can be understood...it just sounds muffled

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why Paradox would close your thread to be honest, there are a lot of dumb threads about looks that are still open. Its a big issue for you and you had to gut to put it out there for thread to be closed like that, tick me off a bit.

Anyways about your problem, you're using your nasal voice as an excuse to face your fear. I mean are you kidding me?! your nasal voice stopped you from getting laid to this day? I could understand if you lost your arm or legs or something but this is just ridiculous. I had some pretty bad skin problems which is alot worse than a nasal voice believe me but sometimes you just have to accept you are who you are. You didn't ask for this voice just like another guy that din't ask to be born with a deformed face. Accept who you are and take advantage of what is given to you.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing to realize is nobody is perfect. Everyone has their "challenges" whether it is physical, or personality, etc. The best thing to, I know easier said than done, is be the best person you can be.

Remember, perfect is boring (pook)...so your voice is different, but it does make you stand out. That combined with a confident man, you can overcome anything!

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Analytic said:
I don't know why Paradox would close your thread to be honest, there are a lot of dumb threads about looks that are still open. Its a big issue for you and you had to gut to put it out there for thread to be closed like that, tick me off a bit.

newkenman said:
ummmm yeah i know dude...but if you think I'm going to search thru 418 posts for an answer to my question, you have to be kidding me..are you serious? No way.
I understand Analytic but as you can see newkenman does not want to search or do any legwork first. There are plenty of posts addressing speech problems and as far as 26-40 year old virgins well there are hundreds of posts addressing that issue.

Let the new poster RTFM first.

P.S. If you see threads that you think should be closed then use the "report to moderator" button instead of the whining button.

Last edited: