Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2023: Didn't meet all my goals

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just posting this here to get my thoughts down. Anyone else have a lame 2023?

It wasn't all bad for me. Some things went really well for me personally.

Professionally with a side hustle I've been treading water. Was hoping to take a big step but it didn't happen. A bit frustrating.

However I'm still trying every day, putting in the effort - not giving up.

Also I realize a calendar year is an arbitrary time frame...things happen when they happen.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up OP, human society is designed by its handlers for people to be stymied. Christianity or Buddhism or some form of personal spirituality may be the only answers. Don't expect too much from 2024.

Those who are well compensated for working in technology as it takes over the world may differ in opinion, though.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why didn't you meet your goals?

Apply maximum accountability and be specific please.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why didn't you meet your goals?

Apply maximum accountability and be specific please.
I won't be specific just because I prefer not to get too detailed about my life on a forum.

Basically every opportunity I was able to create for myself, I didn't "win." That's one way of looking at it. However in my side hustle I also see simply the attempt as part of the work, so in that sense even a loss is a W. Just was hoping to get a bit more out of it this year but I left everything on the field so - no shame. Just disappointment. There were also some factors out of my control that frustrated me a bit.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I won't be specific just because I prefer not to get too detailed about my life on a forum.

Basically every opportunity I was able to create for myself, I didn't "win." That's one way of looking at it. However in my side hustle I also see simply the attempt as part of the work, so in that sense even a loss is a W. Just was hoping to get a bit more out of it this year but I left everything on the field so - no shame. Just disappointment. There were also some factors out of my control that frustrated me a bit.
Again...you shouldn't be winning all the time because if you are, your goals are not set high enough to cause you to fail.

If you are 100 lbs overweight and your goal is to lose 3 lbs a month, then it's pretty easy to meet it.

If your goal is 20 lbs a month and you only hit 15 lbs then technically you failed but you would still have gotten 5x further than if you set a 3 lb goal and succeeded.

It's all perspective and ensuring you have realistic goals mixed with some goals that push you and might not always be realistic but something you will have to really reach hard to make.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just posting this here to get my thoughts down. Anyone else have a lame 2023?

It wasn't all bad for me. Some things went really well for me personally.

Professionally with a side hustle I've been treading water. Was hoping to take a big step but it didn't happen. A bit frustrating.

However I'm still trying every day, putting in the effort - not giving up.

Also I realize a calendar year is an arbitrary time frame...things happen when they happen.
Not really, 2023 has been great. I've been making all kindz of gainz, been working hard making money, good health. That's all is needed

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again...you shouldn't be winning all the time because if you are, your goals are not set high enough to cause you to fail.

If you are 100 lbs overweight and your goal is to lose 3 lbs a month, then it's pretty easy to meet it.

If your goal is 20 lbs a month and you only hit 15 lbs then technically you failed but you would still have gotten 5x further than if you set a 3 lb goal and succeeded.

It's all perspective and ensuring you have realistic goals mixed with some goals that push you and might not always be realistic but something you will have to really reach hard to make.
That's a great way to look at it, thank you. I do have big goals but of course step by step process goals to get there. And anyway whether it happens within "2023" or not is in the end sort of immaterial. There are just some moments where I get a little frustrated but I keep pushing on (and course correcting where necessary).