Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a few interesting reads about this particular date: 12/21/2012.

A friend told me that all that will happen is that the planets will align.

A few google searches tell me that by the time the date arrives, there will be, or it will cause either:

- enlightenment
- human mutations
- destruction through war
- complete chaos
- extra-terrestials saving us from chaos

or

- (place your 'end of world' prediction here)

and lots of other mumbo jumbo.

I know that the idea of having an "end of the world" date is pretty cliche', but it's the research behind this particular date that is actually quite unsettling (but then again, the Y2K scare was made to sound a bit rational also).

From what I understand, the world spins like a top. Every few spins or so, it would have to "wobble." December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the date when it will "wobble." Am I getting that right :confused:?

Mayans predict the date to be the end of time.
The bible code predicts the date to be judgment day.
Tibetan monks predict that a big war will happen and we'll be saved by highly intellectual aliens :p .
Other researches say that the north and south pole will reverse causing total havoc.

Anywho, this was all just googled, and information on the internet (and predicitions/prophecies in general) can never be reliable anyways :D. It's all just pretty interesting to me.

Most people I've spoken to (even the most skeptical, scientific, rational, and atheist ones) surprisingly believe that something will actually happen... they just don't know what.

- J

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
Add to that list

Dan finds the proverbial HB10 and pounds her like there is no tomorrow, and hell from those other predictions there just might not be.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Mayans call it the end of the 5th world and the beginning of the 6th. Not the end of time. It's less of a prediction and more of a label of a time period based on astrology.

The Bible code is absolute garbage that works on any large novel.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The world is on a crash-course for war. There are not enough resources to go around, especially for China and India to consume like Americans. China has more males age 18-30 than the US has people. China has begun to corner much of the world market on raw materials. I think the Iraq invasion was the US just trying to keep pace.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we COULD ask Americans to reduce their massive resource consumage...but that's like asking an Islamic terrorist to become Christian.

Let's just suck up the world's resources instead and enjoy our life! (I dont plan to have kids, so screw the next generation)

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- J [/B]

really? where?

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dec 21st 2012 John Titor comes back and tells us he was just ****ing with us about the whole war thing back in 2004.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that the idea of having an "end of the world" date is pretty cliche', but it's the research behind this particular date that is actually quite unsettling (but then again, the Y2K scare was made to sound a bit rational also).
There will be no aligning of the planets in 2012. It happens only once in thousands or millions of years (I’m too uninterested to look it up), but it already happened in 1999. Nothing happened. Not only did nothing happen, but all but one of the other planets lined up on the other side of the sun. Mind you, even when all the planets line up, the combined gravitational pull on the earth is a small fraction compared to the pull on the earth by the moon and too miniscule to have any noticable significance. Let us not forget that when last year the earthquake in the Indian Ocean which sparked the tsunami, trembled, it made the earth wobble by an extra centimeter and sped up the day by one billionth of a second; which, mind you, is tremendously more powerful than any earth “wobble” caused by alignment of the planets. In other words, on that day on 2012, nothing of extraordinary significance will happen, in connection to the alignment of the planets, of whichever alignment they will have on that day. I will literally bet anyone ten thousand dollars.

And yes, Y2K was a viable threat. It's only in that critical systems were upgraded before the turning of the clocks, were disasters (e.g. financial, etc) avoided. Just because nothing significant happened does not mean there was no significant threat.
Tibetan monks predict that a big war will happen and we'll be saved by highly intellectual aliens.
:rolleyes:
Other researchers say that the north and south pole will reverse causing total havoc.
It takes twenty thousand years for a polar shift to occur. At the commencement of a polar shift, the earth’s magnetic field weakens by about one percent every century. It then hovers around zero percent for a century. It then strengthens in the reverse direction by one percent every century until it reaches full strength. That is it in a nutshell. Scientists do think that we might indeed be into our second century of a polar shift, since about a century ago the magnetic field started weakening. Compounded by the ridiculously insigificant influence that the planets have on the earth compared to the moon, anyone now can find the utter absurdity in a planetary alignment sparking an entire shift in a single day.
Most people I've spoken to (even the most skeptical, scientific, rational, and atheist ones) surprisingly believe that something will actually happen... they just don't know what.
I will wake up in the morning just as I always do. You must have talked to some rather weak atheists and non-skeptics incognito of skeptics. Yes, things will happen that day but nothing out of the ordinary, nothing related to abnormal astronomy nor insipid numerology.

Deep Dish, Myth Buster

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time people have thought the world was going to end, they've been wrong.

Five years ago, people thought Y2K was going to destroy the world, but nothing happened.

The peoples of pre-Columbian America were gifted astronomers; they could easily predict events like planetary alignments, and would have assumed that something significant would happen.

Religious people will just bump up the dates for the Second Coming and Armageddon as they have done so many times in the past.

As for the rest, you'd have to believe in astrology to think that a planetary alignment would have any affect on anything.

The only things "scheduled" for 2012 that have the potential to affect the world on a large scale (assuming, of course, that they actually happen) are the "Olduvai Cliff" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olduvai_theory - and the reversal of Earth's magnetic field - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

The only way the world will end is if people decide to end it.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
There will be no aligning of the planets in 2012. It happens only once in thousands or millions of years (I’m too uninterested to look it up), but it already happened in 1999. Nothing happened. Not only did nothing happen, but all but one of the other planets lined up on the other side of the sun. Mind you, even when all the planets line up, the combined gravitational pull on the earth is a small fraction compared to the pull on the earth by the moon and too miniscule to have any noticable significance. Let us not forget that when last year the earthquake in the Indian Ocean which sparked the tsunami, trembled, it made the earth wobble by an extra centimeter and sped up the day by one billionth of a second; which, mind you, is tremendously more powerful than any earth “wobble” caused by alignment of the planets. In other words, on that day on 2012, nothing of extraordinary significance will happen, in connection to the alignment of the planets, of whichever alignment they will have on that day. I will literally bet anyone ten thousand dollars.

And yes, Y2K was a viable threat. It's only in that critical systems were upgraded before the turning of the clocks, were disasters (e.g. financial, etc) avoided. Just because nothing significant happened does not mean there was no significant threat.:rolleyes:It takes twenty thousand years for a polar shift to occur. At the commencement of a polar shift, the earth’s magnetic field weakens by about one percent every century. It then hovers around zero percent for a century. It then strengthens in the reverse direction by one percent every century until it reaches full strength. That is it in a nutshell. Scientists do think that we might indeed be into our second century of a polar shift, since about a century ago the magnetic field started weakening. Compounded by the ridiculously insigificant influence that the planets have on the earth compared to the moon, anyone now can find the utter absurdity in a planetary alignment sparking an entire shift in a single day.I will wake up in the morning just as I always do. You must have talked to some rather weak atheists and non-skeptics incognito of skeptics. Yes, things will happen that day but nothing out of the ordinary, nothing related to abnormal astronomy nor insipid numerology.

Deep Dish, Myth Buster
Away with you and your godless science, heathen!

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scrumtulescence
Away with you and your godless science, heathen!
Heathen? I’m flattered. Thanks for the compliment!:D

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
weird how you mentioned that year. i had conversations years ago with someone who was diagnosed schizophrenic. that person would always preach about the coming of christ in the year 2012

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something is going to happen on 2012, but it's going to be a self fullfilled prophecy. I'm betting a lot of extremists WANT something to happen that year, so they will MAKE something happen that year. Probably along the lines of multiple major terrorist attacks.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by john_1234
weird how you mentioned that year. i had conversations years ago with someone who was diagnosed schizophrenic. that person would always preach about the coming of christ in the year 2012
That just scared the SH!T out of me!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score