Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2009 New Years Resolutions, Official Thread

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess main ones are:

Eat healthier
Lose weight
Save lots of money

I have others but these are the most important i think. :D

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
08 was a pretty good year for me. I became serious about changing my AFC ways, and went through a huge mental transformation. I started college, and made an amazing group of friends. I started watching the RSD videos which have *completely* changed my life, and I'm developing a newfound confidence in myself that is even more apparent after coming home from college during winter break (I'm much more relaxed and confident around the people in high school that I would get self-deprecative around). I'm much more relaxed and centered on myself than what others think. My world view has changed a whole lot, I've developed more of an interest in different cultures and different human experiences. I'm developing a more rigid confidence in myself that I can truly achieve anything I choose to if I dedicate myself, and I am beginning to truly *understand* (not just believe) that I can dedicate myself to anything. It's pretty chill.

My goals for 2009:
-Work out, get cut, gym 3-4 times a week.
-Finish composing a piece of chamber music (currently writing a duet for flute and oboe). Compose more in general.
-Learn, inside and out, Logic 8 Pro so I can start scoring film and tv productions professionally by 2010.
-Practice jazz guitar at least an hour a day, every day, usually more.
-Start a band.
-Work on gaining perfect relative pitch.
-Educate myself more about politics.. I've recently been considering politics as a career path for myself as well as film scoring.
-Do lots of crazy ****, have an amazing year full of stories!

CTApprentice

Don Juan
Reaction score
2008:
-Got number closes like crazy was about to escalate with a few that I found attractive but they moved(next time im not making the same mistake twice)
-I've notice that my personality has changed from being more outgoing, outspoken, and assertive
-Became a chapter officer of my school's National Honor Society as well as other clubs (like two years ago I would have never imagined of doing this..I constastly get to meet new people as well as gain some exposure.)
-noticed that girls are much more receptive to me
-changed up my style a little bit...made it more ecceletic
-figured out that I don't have to define myself to anyone(was inspired by Heath Ledgers Joker),

Goals for 2009:

1. Gain 20lbs of muscle before attending college
2.save up for an awesome present for my fathers b-day
3. apply myself even more to my studies
4.Participate more in school clubs
5. Go on more dates
5.get rid of my social anxiety/shyness
6.become a natural dj
7.go on a road trip
8.learn to cook
9.kiss close
10. conversate more with my favorite teachers
11.become more relaxed
12. Get a gf(if she proves herself to me..then it happens)
13.get drivers permit/license and a car
14. become fluent in spanish(I love the culture, the food and the women)

eatgel

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. get healthy
2. get strong
3. get better in every aspects
Thanks to my iCal i can keep track of what my improvements and what my accomplishments are :) btw I am thinking about running to be a senate someday... wish me luck!

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. So is everybody working towards their goals?

It helps to write them down on a piece of paper and keep writing them down every day. Just to keep them in mind. Once they are in mind you're more likely to work towards them. All successful people write down their goals on 'to do' lists even the little things.

Casually

Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Become a better dancer
2) Increase my social circle at school
3) Improve my social skills
4) Start my own business
5) Do well in school

gonnamakeit

Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeit said:
2008 is definetly my best year ever also. I got a lot stronger gained some muscle. In everyway athleticly got way better than ever. I got myself to finally be able to train 2 hrs a day 6 days a week in addition to lifting. I went from a fairly unknown loser to a well known cool guy. I got way more confident. I did my first ever attempt at getting a girls number through a cold approac. I completed first 3 weeks of djbc. I approached 20 girls in one day twice. I went out with the intention of doing 10 approaches and getting rejected on them (by approaching women much older than me and in inconvient situations) and did it. Completed first two steps of COC. Completed Unstoppable confidence. Fixed all my injuries and imbalances through difficult rehab exercises every day. Got much better at learning to relax in competition. Learned a lot. Also got my diet perfect with 100% complience. Got leaner. And all of that stuff was in the last 8 most of it the last 6 months of the year. After I found this site. Looking back now I am real pround of myself I changed more than I ever have in that short of a time.

This year I will complete the DJBC get a real consistent dating life (like a few dates a week with different girls) get laid. Make sure I am completly mentally prepared for all competitions so I can perform at my best. Win some big tournaments. Get not just a decent body but a great one get down to upper single digit bf and add 20-30 pounds of muscle. DJBC is main thing I think once that is done I will be where I want to be and getting better will just be icing on the cake. But I am sure I will find more stuff to do.
Yo wanted to bump this thread to update resolutions and see how everyone else is doing on theirs lets achieve all of these.

K far as my goals
Destroy all traces of oneitis check
Added maybe 10 pounds of muscle so far and am getting leaner and closer to single digit body fat.
Be mentally prepared for all competitions. Check
Win tournaments. in progress next tournament I find I will enter
Get liscense. In progress next month or two.
My confidence is way higher I brush of rejections way better got a better social life got new hobbies and tons of other great stuff that wasn't specifically in the goals.

And DJBC startin it in 2 weeks I am feelin good first two to three weeks are almost happening for me everyweek just naturally I am so pumped to do it. So ALL of my goals and resolutions should be complete in like 12 weeks. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are all your guys doing on your resolutions?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gained 30 pounds of fat by swindling used fryer oil from a nearby Applebees, i lost my newspaper-sales job on the corner of the freeway, i now live under a bridge, but i'm steadily increasing my harem of stray mutts and cats to use for sexual gratification. The worms that spring out from my freshly-laid fecal matter seem to be decreasing in frequency, too.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, my new years resolution was more pathetic.

No more drinking Bud Light at bar's. Bud heavy only. Its a waste of $ !

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well im glad i havent stooped down to your standards.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Havent had a cigarette, or so much as a drag, since jan 10th. I dont think I posted in here, but it was mi resolution, and I've stuck it.

gonnamakeit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking about the guys who posted them here but still good job horaholic.

WTF? Piranha