Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

20 day ketosis journal.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went on ketosis for a month last year and I dropped 15 pounds, coupled with exercising and a few extra carbs here and there. Due to a few injuries and minimum discipline I gained back the 15 pounds plus almost 10 more. I'm sick of looking at my belly getting bigger in the mirror. Most attempts I make to lose weight and eat right end in a big disaster. I think it's me just finding out more and more what really works for me.

So day 1 starts tomorrow. lol I already had a bunch of carbs this morning, but I will have a water fast for the rest of the day.

I'll post here if I slip up.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Are you familiar with Carb Nite? Basically there's a prep phase where you keep carbs under 30g a day for ten days. On the tenth night though, you start loading up on carbs for about 6 hours. The next day is back to normal, <30g of carbs. After the prep phase, instead of waiting ten days for refeeds, they are done least once a week, but no more than every 4 days.

You need to have a plan once you stop keto, otherwise you will put weight back on (a little discipline helps too ;)).

How much fat do/were you consuming per day?

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how much fat I consume. Don't really know how to track that.

My diet plan after ketosis was to limit my junk food to 1 day a week, not drinking anymore soda, staying away from diet drinks and cutting pasta and most bread.

Today I had a burger. A few hours later I just had some pizza with Pepsi. Tomorrow is my official start day.

I find what makes me backslide is if I don't buy groceries and prepare. I'm so use to having convenient food already prepared. Also what makes me backslide is going out with friends or the GF. Often times we like to eat fast food when hanging out. She's been more adamant about cooking at home so that's a plus. I need to reinforce that with her.

I feel gross, but I'm going to finish off this bottle of pepsi. Tomorrow I plan to go on a water fast.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
I don't know how much fat I consume. Don't really know how to track that.

My diet plan after ketosis was to limit my junk food to 1 day a week, not drinking anymore soda, staying away from diet drinks and cutting pasta and most bread.

Today I had a burger. A few hours later I just had some pizza with Pepsi. Tomorrow is my official start day.

I find what makes me backslide is if I don't buy groceries and prepare. I'm so use to having convenient food already prepared. Also what makes me backslide is going out with friends or the GF. Often times we like to eat fast food when hanging out. She's been more adamant about cooking at home so that's a plus. I need to reinforce that with her.

I feel gross, but I'm going to finish off this bottle of pepsi. Tomorrow I plan to go on a
water fast.

What works for me is making big batches of food once or twice a week and then packaging it up. To be blunt, when you decide that looking and feeling the way you want to is more important than being in a comfort zone, you will make the change. Always hace a cheat day once a week when on a calorie restricted diet due to the way leptin
works. Otherwise you will be sabotaging your fat loss efforts.

And remember as Nickelback once said:

"What's worth the cost is always worth the price...
Don't take the free ride in your own life..."

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know our fitness goals are probably different but, one thing I like doing is buy value packs of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Their low-fat and high in protein. Cook em all at once and you can use the meat for sandwiches or cut it up into salads.

Just an idea. Good luck on your goals!

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Krueg I actually do the same thing, but not as often as I should. I love boneless chicken cause there's no bones and it's pretty easy to make. I have a George Foreman grill so that's pretty convenient too. Tomorrow I'm going to get some boneless chicken.

DAY 1

Every journey begins with the first step, ya?

Today I've just been drinking water and I'm already thinking about getting a burger. Visions of icecream and potato chips are dancing in my head. How am I having junk food withdrawals already? Trying to stay strong and not let it affect me mentally. I really want to lose this goddamn weight.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you fasting? I'm still a beginner myself in my fitness goals... But I'd think small healthy meals with cardio would do the trick. What's your plan? Besides cutting out junk food.. :D

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice...I'm starting a keto diet in just under 2 weeks, I'm doing it for the very 1st time though (only started working out since October), so I'll be interested to see how you get on.

I plan on carbing up once every 7 days.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Krueg, Dammit...I messed up last night. All day when I went on a water fast I had a splitting headache...for about 10 hours straight it didn't let up. I ate a burrito with some icecream.. :( I was out with friends so that definitely didn't help. The problem is my plans to lose weight and get healthy are incredibly reckless. I punish myself for getting the way I am now and I just overdo things.

I should change the title of this thread to "a journey to a healthier body"

Well today I'm still swearing away from soda. My problem was with my increased weight gain, i noticed, that I drank a massive amount of soda everyday. There's almost a full cup of sugar in every can. Goddamn it's tasty though. I'm going to strive to skip dessert too. Maybe just a chocolate bar O_O.

I did a full hour of cardio and some light yoga and I feel good. I want to go out running again. I might do that.

JonJaper, I can tell you for a fact that if you want to lose fat pretty fast keto works. I lost 7 or 8 pounds in those 2 weeks I was on it. Make sure to buy ketosticks. They let you know if your body is in ketosis or not. They're 5 or 6 bucks for 100 strips. It's a good motivator to see yourself in ketosis too. :) Cheat days are cool, but it'll take you another 2 or 3 days to get back into ketosis. if you're disciplined well enough you can do it right!

I'm pretty unstable at the moment and I'm looking for a job. I think I'm only going to go on a serious ketosis diet when I get my working situation straightened out. I tend to try to solve all of my problems in one giant swoop, so I should take things one at a time.

I'll still update my health situation hopefully on a daily basis.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Continuing this journal on a possible daily basis, weekends usually won't be counted.

yesterday I stayed completely away from fast food. Did an hour of cardio and had a 5 dollar footlong from subway with some frozen yogurt. Later in the night i had a can of beefaroni (I LOVE beefarino) with some strawberries instead of a heavy sugary desert.

About to go do some cardio :)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Careful with all that cardio...its a great way to burn through muscle if you do too much...

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey OP how is the keto going for you?

I've been on it for 2+ weeks so far, carbing up once a week as recommended for individuals who are doing intense workouts.

I noticed you have a soda fix...have you ever considered diet sodas? They have zero carbs and I admit that sometimes I have a craving for something else other than water all the time. When this happens, I just have a diet soda, or a diet energy drink. I also have a zero carb protein shake too.

That way you get zero carbs AND satisfy your soda urges...giving you more motivation since you are sticking to keto and not beating yourself up about the fact that you couldn't stick to it!

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to library, check out THE 4 HOUR BODY, by Tim Ferris. Same guy wrote the FOUR HOUR WORK WEEK. Check out his diet and exercise plans. I've used them and they are amazing. One thing that helps is lying around with an ice pack under your neck for 15 minutes a day, believe it or not. You need to take a very serious karate class, something to engage you, get the adrenalin and testesterone flowing.