Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

20/20 Hindsight

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, not another story about oneitis or lousy filtering.

Nah, I just thought it would be fun to look back and laugh at some of the ideas that have fallen in and out of favour on SoSuave over the last ten years (how old is the forum anyway?).

Three strikes: This was huge around 2006 - 2010 from memory. A girl was allowed three major breaches of dating etiquette (flaking, showing up late, disrespect) before you hard-nexted her.... THREE!!! That seems absurdly generous, because it is. Man, the grief you used to catch on the forum for nexting too early!

Every guy needs to learn salsa!: Last seen around 2010? I guess it was well-intentioned and it did have some merits - good ratios, learn how to lead women, etc. But in the end it was a niche activity that went briefly mainstream (the great salsa bubble of the mid 2000s) and now there's a distinct whiff of desperation about it. No genuine interest in dancing? Bah, congruency and authenticity don't matter! (except for the other 99% of the time we're preaching about it).

Entrepreneurship: In 2010 the perfect DJ was a salsa-dancing, independent small-businessman... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Is starting and running your own business a noble goal - you betcha. Is it a realistic, or even advisable goal for the majority - nope.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh great thread. I remember all of these stupidities. Over in Australia the new entrepreneurship cult is startup. Most startups come from people already working in an industry who saw an need not from jerks attending prayer Hall style meetings.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't want to next too early, but taking more abuse than you have to isn't good either

isn't salsa dancing still fun?

what's wrong with entrepreneurship?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with any of the above. If it's right for you. Nexting is a complex topic. I d next very casually on a first date. Six months in I d give chances. You have to train puppies.