Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2 Killed, 8 Injured in 6 separate shootings

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I was at home relaxing, we start to hear alot of sirens so I go outside with my dad and theres like 12 cop cars that are blazing down my street along with 2 helicopters. My family is like wtf? So I go back inside and I hear more sirens....we go back out again and theres more cop cars going the opposite way they came from the first time. Once gain we go back inside and more sirens! We go outside and 8 motorcycle cops are going down my street again. Well it turns out there were 6 separate shootings in my area ( I dont live in a gang-infested area but there is some tension )

http://search.latimes.com/search?q=...imes&getfields=thumbnail_small.author.pubdate
^ The full story

BTW my school is on "oxnard" street, where one of the shootings happened.

One person was found dead at Coldwater Canyon Avenue and Vanowen Street
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=6156092

I can walk to those 2 streets in less than 10 minutes.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
......That's pretty crazy but it seems to me that the police chief has no idea how to or where to place his men to keep them and the people in the neighborhood safe, seeing as how they kept going back and forth. I'm not going to go into the details but it seems like he has very little experience, and before anyone say's I'm an idiot ...just know that I care very little what anyone here hs to say, plus the fact that he has cops on bikes driving around....your on a bike going into a shooting gallery....dumb.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went back to D.C. today for more city-sarging riding around the metro. Someone, not too sure how, got hit by one of the trains. Caused crazy delays, again the platforms are about 4-5 feet high.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
North Hollywood is not exactly the safest place to live in the valley. Same goes for most of the other cities east of Sepulveda Blvd including, Van Nuys, Panorama City, Sun Valley, etc. And Pacoima's been gangland for the past 3 decades

Northridge and Sylmar though, now that's surprising

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speaking of gangs and random ghettos in cities like those.

if you lived in the area and wasn't known to be affiliated with ANYONE... just a random friendly stranger jogging down the sidewalks... how would the gang member, or ghetto people react to you or do?

also, i don't live in any kind of place like that, but do have a small town ghetto around here... definitely not gangster territory though.

i, also, always wondered... would be wearing a non-yellow/red/blue bandana (as in wearing a black or white bandana) be looked at the wrong way to people in the ghetto. especially if you were randomly jogging in the area or something.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
......That's pretty crazy but it seems to me that the police chief has no idea how to or where to place his men to keep them and the people in the neighborhood safe, seeing as how they kept going back and forth. I'm not going to go into the details but it seems like he has very little experience, and before anyone say's I'm an idiot ...just know that I care very little what anyone here hs to say, plus the fact that he has cops on bikes driving around....your on a bike going into a shooting gallery....dumb.

Reason the cops went back and forth twice was because the shootings were on opposite sides of each other, the one of coldwater canyon happened first (at least thats what I saw from my perspective, not the news) then the one on oxnard happened, which caused the cops to turn around and go the other direction.

Michele said:
speaking of gangs and random ghettos in cities like those.

if you lived in the area and wasn't known to be affiliated with ANYONE... just a random friendly stranger jogging down the sidewalks... how would the gang member, or ghetto people react to you or do?

also, i don't live in any kind of place like that, but do have a small town ghetto around here... definitely not gangster territory though.

i, also, always wondered... would be wearing a non-yellow/red/blue bandana (as in wearing a black or white bandana) be looked at the wrong way to people in the ghetto. especially if you were randomly jogging in the area or something.
Ive never been "hit up" buy a gang member on the street or anywhere. My friend however (not affiliated with gangs) was "hit up" countless times, had guns pointed to his face, asked where "he was from", got his things stolen with a shotgun to his face...once a couple guys in a car stopped and asked him where he was from, he said nowhere and went on his way, he saw them reaching for something so he fell to the ground behind a car and heard 'click click click' their guns jammed, so they drove off.

Usually, when you say you arnt from anywhere they just let you go...sometimes your unlucky and (not always) you will be threatened.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Are there any safe places on LA?
Beverly Hills and that's it. If the gangs don't get you, the smog will.

Local politics is so corrupt that this isn't going to get fixed any time soon. The only thing that I would do is move the hell out.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man I love LA. I lived in the bay area for a couple years, ended up moving back here

The West Valley as well as Orange County and some of the cities in the 909 area code are nice places to live, as much crime as you'd expect in a suburb. The gang violence in LA is overhyped.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Mission Viejo and Irvine in california top the charts at one of the safest cities in the United States. And yes, people make LA seem like a hell-on-earth, its not as bad as you think