Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2 dates, 2 cancellations LOL!!:)

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At least I can laugh at these. Last Sat PM I had a date to go to wedding reception. I reminded her of it day before and firmed up the details. Saturday about 1pm a full 5 hrs before reception, I call her. Got her VM and told her to call me. Still haven't heard from her. Can't chew her butt out though because she is a client of mine. I just thought it was rude and immature not to call. I was disappointed but went solo and had good time anyway.

The next one was planned for this coming Sat night. She comes into the gym and tells me she has to cancell because she just joined the volunteer fire dept and they have tornado/fire drill practice that night. Blah blah blah!

Thing is I'm not too bummed---the first one was mega hot, the second one not so. I've noticed recently that when I try and date down (meaning date girls who are below me on the 1-10 scale) they frequently flake at last minute. But when I ask out women who are at level or even above me, they don't flake as much. Must be a message here.......
Peace,
Bill

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let it get you down. Keep reading in here, and keep talking to lots of girls. Keep that confidence high. The more you talk to girls, date, so and so, the more you'll learn. I had the same problem. Some girls are into me, some just aren't. Some girls say I look good, some don't give me a second glance. It's all relative to the situation.

Get into a friend circle somehow that can introduce you to alot of girls, and you'll already have the social proof, not just cold calls.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bill i tell the kids on my baseball team. "if you want to come to baseball practice, come to baseball practice. if you want to go to soccer practice go to soccer practice. if you have to go to a family pinic then you should be at the family picnic." my team is very good. we have very productive practices because the kids that want to be there have a high interest level in baseball. i dont hold it against the kids that dont come. i also dont ask where they are or if they are coming. the only thing i tell them is "when you decide that you want to come to baseball practice again dont be upset if you are on the second team."

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
also remember the song by sawyer brown

some girls dont like boys like me...ohhh but some girls do

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
white sox, there isn't any advice I can give you because you are handling it the way a man should - with humor. Good for you bro - keep up the PMA (positive mental attitude)

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's all a numbers game, you've got a good attitude. sarge on.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wsb, keep up the good attitude.
Don't think you can't feel a twinge of sadness/disappointment/anger, cause that is normal. Feel it, experience it, but let it go quickly. Don't hang on to those negative reactions because they are addictive and will soon rise automatically in spite of yourself if you don't strongarm them into submission :rolleyes:

The main thing to remember (and it's been repeated quite a bit on this board) is that if you don't make the move, your disappointment will be in yourself. If you make the move and she flakes or stands you up, your disappointment is directed elsewhere, towards that which you can't control. Which basically leaves very little reason or grounds for even letting disappointment darken your day to begin with.

Personally speaking, those times I chickened out are the times I experience the most personal anguish.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy's, stop focusing on the flaking of these women; I swear you guys are so focused on problems you don't recognize when someone drops some knowledge on you.

white sox bill said:
...Thing is I'm not too bummed---the first one was mega hot, the second one not so. I've noticed recently that when I try and date down (meaning date girls who are below me on the 1-10 scale) they frequently flake at last minute. But when I ask out women who are at level or even above me, they don't flake as much. Must be a message here.......
This goes against the premise of many in the forum but there is truth in what Bill said. There is definitely a message in there, it would be interesting to discuss it.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Guy's, stop focusing on the flaking of these women; I swear you guys are so focused on problems you don't recognize when someone drops some knowledge on you.

This goes against the premise of many in the forum but there is truth in what Bill said. There is definitely a message in there, it would be interesting to discuss it.
I guess in the grand scheme of things, the pigs don't mate with the cows, the cats don't hump the dogs and if your a 8, you shouldn't be dating a 5.

I'm starting to understand womanspeak--"yes" means "maybe", "no" means no.
The only time I will brag to someone I have a date is when she is physically in my car, the door closed and I am pulling out of her driveway. Any other scenerio is just speculation.

Nex time I have a date planned, maybe as soon as this weekend, I will always assume a flake job. But thats OK because the ones who do show have high interest

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white sox bill said:
I guess in the grand scheme of things, the pigs don't mate with the cows, the cats don't hump the dogs and if your a 8, you shouldn't be dating a 5.
That has merit but I don't believe it's that cut and dry. In the scheme of dating someone comparable, looks aren't the only factor.
white sox bill said:
I'm starting to understand womanspeak--"yes" means "maybe", "no" means no.
This may be true until you've gained enough mutual rapport where she is comfortable with you.
white sox bill said:
The only time I will brag to someone I have a date is when she is physically in my car, the door closed and I am pulling out of her driveway. Any other scenerio is just speculation.
Actions speak louder than words. It's nice to surprise a woman with your actions.
white sox bill said:
Nex time I have a date planned, maybe as soon as this weekend, I will always assume a flake job. But thats OK because the ones who do show have high interest
Better still, don't allow the date to define your state of being. If it happens, great! If it doesn't, no big deal. You'll learn how to qualify women more effectively.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
2 dates, 2 cancellations LOL!!:)

FVCK IT, SARGE ON!

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing these are first dates? A first date to a wedding reception is bad. And trying to setup another date on a Saturday night is also bad. It sounds heavy rather than a light affair. Dating's supposed to be casual, but apparently this lady has made up her mind on not wanting to be in a relationship with you.