Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2 Body Part Days

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious when working out 2 body part days (i.e Chest/Bis, Back/Tris) do you guys find it more beneficial to finish one body part and move on to the next, or to alternate back and forth to give them a break?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
Just curious when working out 2 body part days (i.e Chest/Bis, Back/Tris) do you guys find it more beneficial to finish one body part and move on to the next, or to alternate back and forth to give them a break?
If my experience its a lot easier if you alternate, especially with antagonizing muscle groups (say chest and back). One of my favorite rotations was alternating incline dumbell press w/ bent over dumbell row.

I talked to my trainers about this, and they said that if hypertrophy is your primary goal, then they recommend tiring out one body part before moving on to another.

Since I'm training for hypertrophy I tired one body part out before moving on. So far its been working quite well, but I've also changed up my entire training modality. I guess it depends on your goal.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pick the hardest main lift first and do it, then do the next main lift, then assistance afterwards.

Example:

Chest/Back

main lift
Deadlift 3x5
Bench Press 3x5

assistance:
Deadlift 5x10
DB or BB Bench 5x10
Hanging leg raises 5x10
DB or BB Rows 5x10

-

So yeah, I guess it is alternating but the rationale is not to alternate, its to do the hardest things first.