Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

16 year old need help with parents

Steam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some help. My parents are very over protective of me and don't trust me. I've been on what my friends call Lock Down all my life. I'm getting tired of it. I can go out sometimes depending on the time but most of the time I don't ask cause they usually say no. My mom is more lient then my father. I know 10 year olds that go out more than I do. What should I do to let my parents let me have more freedom. I don't want to lie cause if something happens I'm screwed over twice as hard. So please help me out. I know you had to know someone or helped someone in the same predicament. And if you stiill don't understand me let me give you an example today my mom went to Atlantic city @ 6 wit some friends. So friends of mine called me up to play some bball @ the school 5min away from my house so I went it was closed so we started walking down the street to were we'd meet up with some more people freestyle and den make some moves. It was around 730ish I made some excuse to leave @ 8 cause no-1 was home but I was really scared if my dad found me just chillin he doesn't like me hanging out with a whole bunch of people cause of all da gangs around my way. So anyway we were goin play ball somewhere else but it was clost to 8 so I had to leave cause I didn't wwant to leave my brother and sister by themselves to long and if my dad came home cause he works a few minutes away. All nite my friends were talkin bout go to parties and clubs 2nite but they knew I was on lockdown so dey didn't ask me. And I looked lik a punk when I went home so early cause all them usually get home @ 10ish. Also anonther example is when I'm playin basketball literally 10secs away have a whole view of the court and my dad doesn't want me playin their when he I'm there most of the time unless my neighbors parents are their. My parents don't trust my @ all please help me out thanks

Reaction score
Listen to your parents - when you becoma a man, listen to yourself!

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
MY friend....2 words FAMILY COUNSLING Dude man...my parents suggest it to me...you wanna know waht happened...my parents got ***** at by the social worker....felt great and my parents were cool ever since....it was the same age as you

Suggest it to your parents..thell them they upset you and you wanna do family counsling...i know it sounds ****ed..but it's worth the time. and it's great to hear your parents get in ****t all the time.!

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i had the same problem and still do somewhat, im 19 yo with a midnight curfew and am constantly checked for funny behavior whenever i come home from anywhere.. the best advice i can give is learn how to lie to and deceive your parents. I lie to them atleast once a day about where im going and sneak out of my window late at night occasionally. You owe it to your parents to lie to them, because they love you so much that they're going to worry no matter what you do. I say things like, i got called into work, or im going out to the mall by myself, this saves them from worrying and saves you the hassles of living under their thumbs.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
meh I have the same problem

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure i'm giving good advice but lying and doing opposite of what you say works. It did for me.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh, i got an extremely over-protective mom too.... I'm 18 and can't do sh*t.... I remember when I turned 16 and begged for my drivers PERMIT, she sent me to a psychiatrist! (dead serious)

blabla

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you live in suburbia or downtown new york?

Talk with your parents about the lack of freedom you have, and really ask them why for their reason. If you feel it's reasonable, then your whining. If it's something like "Oh gangs, sex, drugs and rock n' roll" tell them that you already go to high school and if you were going to encounter that, it would be there. What are they going to do, pull you out of school? Try to think up of other things. Like: "I'm going to have to walk down the street some-time and street smarts develops with experience and the expereinced, not shelter."

If your parents are the irrational poverty-pit types, well your going to have to wait (or lie) for two years and then eject.

You can also guilt them on various things, such as the lack of trust, and how they are so paranoid.