Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

15 5'4 104 lbs

Doe Boii

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna try working out using only handweights and basic exercise's (push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups etc).
I am 15, 5'4 104 lbs. I want to be at least in the 125-150 pound weight and in muscle. What foods would put on the most weight? What exercise's would give me the best results?
My problem is commitment, i often put off exercising and skip meals, but mostly cuz i am unsure really how to go about doing it. I've been doing the push-ups and eating good but when i see no progress i tend to start getting a "f*** it" attitude. help appreciated

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look in the sticky.

I'm going to use this time to give information not in the stickies:

Look for a gym. There might be one at your highschool, community college, community center, and/or YMCA. Find out how/when you can use them.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol looks like your in the same situation as me

But push-ups and stuff like that will only give you some muscle mass, not much. If you want the 125-150 lb. range then you gotta hit up a gym.

Work on machines to start off to build some muscle as free weights can get you injured.

I currently working on only machines and have some progress going, my pexes are definately getting define form and my arms are a bit stronger.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll lay it out nice and simple:

1. get a gym membership

2. make sure you're in the gym for 1 hour, three times a week.

3. Start building your conditioning by doing any and every exercise you can see & think of in there. Just have fun, bring a friend, and use the machines and free weights.

4. After about 2 or 3 weeks of that, it's time to get serious. Learn proper technique with free weights and build some muscle memory so you won't hurt yourself. That's when you pick a regimented workout from the Sticky (Where to Start thread). Buckle down and do that for 3 months. Use that time to focus on eating properly.

Use this time to get a gym membership and learn to like the atmosphere.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on machines to start off to build some muscle as free weights can get you injured
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Completely contradicts everything I've learnt here.

I'm gonna try working out using only handweights and basic exercise's (push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups etc).
I am 15, 5'4 104 lbs. I want to be at least in the 125-150 pound weight and in muscle.
No way its going to happen with those weights buddy. Everyone has been telling me (/I have been reading) the only way to get serious gains is by using heavy free weights and eating shi!tloads.

How old are you?

Still, I'm by no means qualified to give advice. Good to see your doing something though.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'4", 133lbs so we have a similar height, so take my advice well. I used to weight 155 lbs, I was overweight but never realized it. So I dropped down to 122, but I was scrawny. Now I'm in the best shape, and I'm still working on it. I wouldn't even consider lifting too many weights at your age, just light stuff for exercise. You need to focus on gaining weight, period. Best way to do this is to avoid fast food and stick with carbohydrate rich foods and protein rich foods. Eat lots of pasta, rice, breads, steaks, whatever it takes. Try to get fat. Then once you reach a certain weight you can consider lifting weights a little more seriously. But you need to be very patient, give yourself a few years, because you're still young and you haven't matured physically yet.