Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

11 warning signs that she may have herpes.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thai Foon said:
stupid teenager question but.. doesnt wearing a condom protect from herpes if used correctly?
no i caught it with a condom.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MDgood said:
penkitten, thanks for the honesty... seriously... you've helped a lot of people with that comment.
i was more of an advocate speaking out about it, a few years ago when i caught it , and there are some threads in health and fitness that are all merged together. i have had it for a little over 5 years.

most people start a thread when they see a little bump on them that turns out to be nothing.
when i got it, i was so sick, that i honestly thought i had some severe flu, until the outbreak came, and then immediately i went to the std clinic.
the outbreak did not start off by itching, it was massive hard bumps that ached so bad under the skin.
i thought i was dying...

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ are you a man or woman?

I still don't see how you can accurately screen girls for warning signs. I mean the girl could not seem like a "promiscuous" person, and she might not even know herself.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm...so im assuming all bumbs that are down there are herpes? Damn...

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genital herpes may be caused by either HSV 1 or HSV 2. Meaning if you get cold sores on your mouth and you go down on a chick, she will get genital herpes and it will be HSV-1. It works the other way too, if she blows you and she has cold sores on her mouth (which many if not most people do) you can get sores down there.

From some STD research I've done (as I have cold sore outbreaks on my mouth and I was worried about spreading it) it seems that if you get HSV-1 cold sores on your mouth you may be much more resistant, if not immune, to HSV-2 which causes genital herpes, and pretty much 100% immunte to genital herpes caused by HSV-1 (which represents only a small percentage of genital herpes in the USA but nearly half if not more than half of genital herpes in the UK).

This is because you can only get infected with a certain strain once, and it is very rare for a strain you already have to infect another part of the body (very rare, though not unheard of).

I don't know if a person who reguarly gets cold sores is more or less prone to getting genital/oral herpes as opposed to a guy who gets no kind of cold sores or visa versa.
It seems like you would be far less prone.

Still, its not a good idea to do anyone dirty. And I am not a doctor so feel free to verify this information elsewhere.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
^ are you a man or woman?

I still don't see how you can accurately screen girls for warning signs. I mean the girl could not seem like a "promiscuous" person, and she might not even know herself.
i am a woman
and no you can not always see the signs
if she caught herpes yesterday, she may not show signs for two weeks.
some say they never showed signs...
therefore professionals say you do not have to have a cold sore present to pass the herpes virus.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Hmmm...so im assuming all bumbs that are down there are herpes? Damn...
no, some can be ingrown hair or whatever.
some could be warts (just as bad)
just be weary...be on the lookout for anything you dont like.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the initial outbreak just lets you know when you caught the herpes and is kinda like chicken pox.
after that you can have break outs due to your health stress and what you eat.

think of it like chicken pox (same family and closest thing i can compare)
you catch it and dont know you have it and are contagious.
in one to two weeks, you have inflamed lymph nodes and a fever and hard bumps that are on your body coming out making these big pimple things that are filled with puss, if they pop they can spread to create more.
once they dry up ...
due to health conditions, stress and diet, it can reoccur just like chicken pox can lead to shingle outbreaks.

the only difference is..
chicken pox stops being contagious when you break out, where as herpes is the gift that keeps giving forever.

i honestly do not believe people who say they never knew, i think they lie.
but i can not prove it so i keep my mouth shut, however because so many say they did not have signs of it and their partners get it anyhow... they tell you that you can get it without an outbreak (coldsores) present.
so many people have not passed theirs to their loved ones because they do not have skin contact during an outbreak. seems to work for them..
BE WEARY OF EVERYONE WITH OR WITHOUT A COLDSORE ANYHOW.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn you people need some critical thinking and statistics classes. I swear you just make numbers up or have the right numbers while ignoring the rest.

Just making a number up... say there's a 5% failure rate of condoms. That's for EVERY BLOODY FREAKIN MORON USING THEM. If you're stupid, that failure rate is higher. If you're smart, that rate is lower. If you have sex only sober it's different. So that pretty much means all these rates that people probably just make up anyway don't even mean crap. Saying a statistic and leaving out how that statistic came about and what information it was based on you might as well just say "i like monkeys" because that's just as useful information.

"your chance is 50% plus or minus 40%" is useless!!

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
None of these posts are making me feel better about properly deciding whether or not the girl is dirty.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
None of these posts are making me feel better about properly deciding whether or not the girl is dirty.
thats what i am trying to get at dot...
you can never read a book by its cover.
always wear a condom
always be on the look at for some one you are dating to not be feeling well, or for something that looks off.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
no, some can be ingrown hair or whatever.
some could be warts (just as bad)
just be weary...be on the lookout for anything you dont like.
hmmm...some might be ingrown hairs. i have a single bump, i dont think its herpes cause it doesnt look like it would be.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
hmmm...some might be ingrown hairs. i have a single bump, i dont think its herpes cause it doesnt look like it would be.
do you have a fever?
do you have swollen lymph nodes?
did the bump begin as a hard knot under the skin, that rose up, and now looks like a single chicken pox?
does is ache in horrible pain?

if you answered no to all of those, i bet it is just an ingrown hair or boil.
which every one gets at one point or another.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend dated a girl with it for a while. They had safe sex and he was fine.

It isn't the end of the world, but it does make sleeping around a tough thing to do I'm sure. If I had it I wouldn't want to spread it, and **** like this would keep me from having ONS because I wouldn't want to spread it.

This is why aspiring to be the worlds best PUA isn't without potential consequences. I no longer want to bang every girl out there, because I am in a great LTR (I still like looking alot), but everyone should remember the consequences.

Sometimes I am surprised there isn't a little Ricky running around out there.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ LOL @ that last line

because so many say they did not have signs of it and their partners get it anyhow... they tell you that you can get it without an outbreak (coldsores) present.
What?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
ever see a valtrex commercial?
they say in the commercial that 70 % of people say they caught it from a partner who showed no signs of having herpes.

i tend to think a lot of people lie and that they did know they had it before, but they lied to save face... and i tend to think that a lot of people catch it and then spread it before they have their first out break and do it unknowingly...

regardless, that is why they say you can catch it even if there are no outbreaks present (cold sores)

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
regardless, that is why they say you can catch it even if there are no outbreaks present (cold sores)
So are you saying, the only time that you can catch it when they don't have an outbreak, is in the initial 2 week period of them catching it?